“Incredible food & atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gingerbread Restaurant

Gingerbread Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Nuevo Arenal
Cuisines: Central American, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saskatoon, Canada
“Incredible food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our family of 5 (3 young adults + parents) were truly amazed at the quality and quantity of food we ate both nights while visiting Arenal area. We felt with was by far the best food we have ever encountered in our travels in Canada and abroad. The owner/chef is a character and takes time to show, explain and recommend dishes depending on personal likes ---- we were really amazed at the flavours and freshness of all the food we tried and would recommend that anyone visiting in the area stop in as you will not be disappointed!!
Family of 5 from Canada

Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food, atmosphere and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

A lovely place with excellent food, large portions (made to share and we still did not finish), great atmosphere and the best service! It came highly recommended and exceeded our expectations. It was probably the best meal I've ever had!

Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“This is a must stop if in Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a must dinning experience if in the are area, I believe they are closed on Sunday and
Monday, and they require a reservation. It is a favorite spot for the expat locals. I feel it is a very good value for what you get. To be honest I think the quality of food was beyond what my simple
pallet it able to comprehend. Some of the things were so filled with flavor that my month did not
know what to do. I am not a fan of goat cheeses and other things but was able to deal with them fine. I can not talk bad about something that I might not of loved simply because I am not cultured enough to enjoy it. Everyone in my party loved the food even my 3 and 4 year old.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manitowaning, Canada
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Gingerbread to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary . After being welcomed by the lovely hostess and shown a table, she sat down and proceeded to find out what kind of things we liked or didn't like. She then suggested a few appetizers which we might like. The portions are huge, one appetizer would probably feed four people. Chef Eyal was all over the restaurant and engaging with all his customers. We loved him, he explains everything about the food you are being served. His food is the very best!!! This is not a quiet, intimate place but rather a very entertaining, boisterous atmosphere with absolutely the best food you can get anywhere! Chef Eyal is a larger than life personality who obviously loves his job. Took a picture of us and then had one taken of the three of us together- posted it on Facebook. He treated us to a spectacular dessert in honour of our anniversary. If you are in this area you must go to Gingerbread. You won't be disappointed!

Visited January 2014
Dalton, Georgia
“A "must do"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Each time we eat at Gingerbread the food is wonderful. The service by Eyal and his staff makes the evening one to remember.
Whether with a group or just a couple, it will be a meal you will not soon forget.

In addition to the restaurant, he has (at the time) 5 very nice rooms that are available to rent. When you stay with him, breakfast is served.

Note: bring cash - cc are not accepted.

Enjoy!