“Nice surprise.”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Whilst driving from Tamarindo to Arenal we happened across this wonderful restaurant/bakery in Nuevo Arenal. So glad we made the stop. Surreal eating schnitzel and potato salad in the middle of Costa Rica but it was excellent. The bread from the bakery is also unbelievable. Hats off to the owner Tom for this unexpected gem.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were driving from Arenal to Monteverde and this place was one of the few snack stops and had good reviews.

Bakery selection was limited and just OK. I think we got a muffin and 2 soft drinks and the bill was $17 - and they wanted US$s...

2  Thank JoeHouston52
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Delicous breakfast. Great atmosphere and a fun place to eat. I have never eaten a German breakfast and I loved it. I will stop in next time I'm there.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

What a nice spot for coffee and pastry! Tom was great - my friend answered Tom's riddle and we got free coffee! Definitely worth a stop. In addition to the baked goods, Tom's also has in interesting selection of cigars and liquors. Very we glad we stopped.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I know I shouldn't be surprised by the prolific travels of German expats but this was an unexpected but wonderful find in Costa Rica. There was a pleasant assortment of authentic baked goods and lunch/dinner items. And German beer! Worth the quick stop before the continuation of a rough drive.