i m german, male, stayed for 2 weeks in may 2014,
first time in tobago for kitesurfing and windsurfing, but not first time in the carribean.
prebooked the room online via email through the owners website. before booking, i had some questions regarding the room and the payment options, all questions were answered kind and prompt within some hours .
when i arrived, everything was perfect and great value for money.
it is located in a calm residential area, but only two minutes walk from the main road with the flea market and all the restaurants, supermarkets and so on. with the bicycle maybe 3-4 minutes to the closest beach.
my room was spacious and clean. room was cleaned every couple of days. towels were provided and changed every some days, too.
room was very calm, i could always sleep immediately, even when sometimes i went to bed already 8-9pm. well, may is low season, could be different in high season, though i doubt it.
laundry can be washed without problems, in the garden there is a clothesline. one day there was a sudden rainfall when i was at the beach and the owner was so kind not only to bring my dry laundry inside ...he even folded it!
aircon and fan were efficient.
fully equipped kitchen with fridge is very convenient.
bicycles are available for rent for a reasonable price.
wlan was always connected, good signal everywhere, in the room, in the breakfast area, on the balcony...
most important to mention is the owner/host himself, andrew. he is always helpful and ready to give all kinds of so very useful advice - no matter what kind of activity i was interested in.
especially when you are interested not only in the beaches of tobago, but want to learn a bit about the culture, the food and the way of life in tobago, conversations with him are a wonderful source.
when you stay there on a saturday and are lucky, you might - like me - be invited to try his cow-heel soup, a delicious local food, cooked mostly on saturdays.
probably cause of the low season place wasnt fully booked all the time - so the owner got the time to work around the house when the guests were at the beach, renovating, decorating, improving it, while his brother - as busy as a beaver - painted many parts with gallons of paint. the place looked already good when i arrived, but the place looked almost brand new when i left.
i plan to go to tobago again and i will surely stay again in candles at the wind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide cosy comfortable air conditioned accommodation on the enchanting island of Tobago. We are just a stroll away from the pristine beaches of Store Bay and Pigeon Point Beach. We await your arrival to our magical island. Due to the increasing demands from past guests we have recently created affordable mixed Dormitory accommodation in the Attic of Candles in the wind in addition to the already eight rooms that exist. We have installed an initial twelve (12) single beds and there is ample room for a whole classroom, if required.General Facilities....We have two (2) fully equipped Kitchens (one on each floor of the building) which comprise of the following:- Two extra large side/side Refrigerators/ freezers with filtered ice and water dispensers. Two large capacity cooking ranges. B B Que Grill (gas). Microwaves. Toasters. Electric kettles. Coffee percolator....and a generous assortment of cutlery and utensils. We have also provided a large capacity washer and dryer in the Laundry area that is available for your free usage. OUR OBJECTIVE AT "CANDLES" IS TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE A COMFORTABLE AND MEMORABLE STAY ON OUR BEAUTIFUL AND ENCHANTING ISLAND OF TOBAGO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Candles in the Wind reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candles In The Wind Hotel Crown Point
- Candles In The Wind Tobago/Crown Point