It's in a quiet safe residential road near the airport but with no aircraft noise, and near lots of food outlets from street food to takeaways to restaurants. Try the "doubles" from the vendor on the corner - delicious. The rooms are good value for money especially as this is the most popular part of the island to stay. The dining and kitchen area is spacious and well equipped. The owner Andrew is very informative, helpful and has great knowledge of the island. The start of the best beach on the island (Pigeon Point) is only 5 minutes away and is over a mile long. Walk on the beach to the end at low-tide, otherwise use the road. Look out for Humming birds in the red flowered bushes on the way. In the opposite direction is Store Bay beach with yummy local food and good snorkelling to the left of the bay. By car Arnos Vale hotel is excellent for snorkelling in its bay and for afternoon tea when you can feed the many species of birds that appear. Enjoyed my weeks stay so much I plan to go back sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide cosy comfortable air conditioned accommodation on the enchanting island of Tobago. We are just a stroll away from the pristine beaches of Store Bay and Pigeon Point Beach. We await your arrival to our magical island. Due to the increasing demands from past guests we have recently created affordable mixed Dormitory accommodation in the Attic of Candles in the wind in addition to the already eight rooms that exist. We have installed an initial twelve (12) single beds and there is ample room for a whole classroom, if required.General Facilities....We have two (2) fully equipped Kitchens (one on each floor of the building) which comprise of the following:- Two extra large side/side Refrigerators/ freezers with filtered ice and water dispensers. Two large capacity cooking ranges. B B Que Grill (gas). Microwaves. Toasters. Electric kettles. Coffee percolator....and a generous assortment of cutlery and utensils. We have also provided a large capacity washer and dryer in the Laundry area that is available for your free usage. OUR OBJECTIVE AT "CANDLES" IS TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE A COMFORTABLE AND MEMORABLE STAY ON OUR BEAUTIFUL AND ENCHANTING ISLAND OF TOBAGO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Candles in the Wind reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candles In The Wind Hotel Crown Point
- Candles In The Wind Tobago/Crown Point