This resort has the feel of a renovated former Caribbean estate. We chose it as a weekend couples retreat in honor of my birthday and we were pleased with both the service and the facilities. The staff was helpful and courteous. We were provided with delicious drinks at both check in and check out. Our room was clean, and had both a view of the pool on one side of our room and the sea on the other. It contained all the essential amenities and was beautifully appointed. I can also see this resort as being great for families. There are a variety of shops on site selling everything from organic artisan locally handmade soaps to Kaftans. The breakfast menu was both varied and scrumptious. The location in Crown Point is excellent as its within walking distance to great restaurants (non-all inclusive guests rejoice!), bars and the airport plus it's easy to get a taxi from the front gate. Now for the not so great parts. There is a private beach which is quite convenient but in my unprofessional opinion (I'm far from a biologist) it would seem as though the rocks used to enclose the beach somewhat hinder the ability of the beach to clean itself properly as I observed quite a bit of moss/algae/whatever was coating the sand underwater and when you disturbed the sand bits of it would get lose and start floating around. The water pressure in the shower in our room was low. I had to keep turning up the water as it would repeatedly reduce from a steady flow to a trickle several times in a single bath. As we were packing up to check out we noticed the Air Conditioning unit was leaking water. It even "spit" out a couple chips of ice! The rates per night by room were a little pricey in TTD (Trinidad and Tobago Dollars) but one must pay for convenience I suppose. All things considered, it was a memorable experience. The positive far outweighed any negative and boy oh boy am I going to miss that comfy bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago
- Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago Crown Point