We stayed at the Coco Reef in August 2013.We are a family of four with two children aged 9 & 7. When we originally booked the Hotel with our tour operator we requested a room on the upper level over looking the sea. We paid extra money for this.
Upon arrival we were shown a room with a sea view on the ground floor. We could only see the plants & flowers in the grounds in front of us. The children 's beds were Z beds which seemed unacceptable for a 2 week stay. My husband went to reception to voice our concerns. Eric the Manager just happened to be there at the time. He did explain that the upper floor was for double occupancy only and that the Hotel does not promote children being on an upper level with a balcony. This we appreciated but, it was not what we paid for or were told by our operator. I hasten to say this was not the Hotel's fault. We were moved to a far better room and the children had a more than comfortable double bed. We also had the view that had we paid for!
Eric and ALL his staff were truly superb.They were so accommodating to the point of making us feel humble! The food was amazing ( and we have stayed in some wonderful 5 star plus hotels in the past! ). Every food request for our 7 year old was met without an eyebrow raised. And as for our 9 year old, she had steak almost every night!! We felt totally spoilt. The staff on the beach were so attentive & were continually asking what we would like to drink.
To read some of the petty reviews that people bother to write is quite frankly laughable even to complain about towels??? That is sad!
Yes the Hotel is dated, but to us that fits in with the whole ambience of Tobago. It is not scruffy it's very clean.It is relaxing and totally chilled. The location & setting of the hotel is simply breathtaking. Thank you Eric And staff x The Paulucci family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Coco Reef Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago