Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$99
$93
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
$289
$140
$155
$126
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
$135
$110
  • Pool
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$170
  • Beachfront
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$141
Travelocity
1,606 results
All reviewsprivate beacheric fenietbeach restaurantfishmain restaurantman made lagoonsafe swimmingdress codethe general managerwelcome drinka la cartepalm treesbeach servicefabulous holidaysea viewbit datedevening entertainment
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We are contemplating our 5th consecutive trip which I think says it all...it just gets better.
The staff are charming particularly the catering staff who are always eager to help. The food is varied and continues to remain of a high standard.
Eric the manager is the most attentive manager you could possibly wish for - his energy is quite remarkable.
There is a great feel about the hotel and as repeaters it has become like a close friend.
Ideal for children of all ages with the hotel having the choice of a pool and a well protected lagoon.Tobago itself remains unspoilt and this hotel compliments it well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DJSH
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Wow What a place.. This hotel in Tobago is the best on the island.. 4.5 star.. and all it says about it is true.. The staff were wonderful... The food very good.. Cleaniness excellent.. The manager Eric was very Professional in his work .. Talking to all his guests.. he spent a lot of hours at work from early morning till late at night every day.. we had a brilliant trip round the island with Lester who's knowledge was excellent of the island.. We went to little Tobago & Goat island which were lovely.. All in in a wonderful relaxing chilled out holiday. I would go back to this hotel in the future as there is so much to do and see. The rooms were 5 star.The one we had as it was a beautiful suite with living room ... 2 Bathrooms.. Huge bedroom and bed..Bottle of wine and basket on fruit on arrival.. Bathrobes each and slippers.. We had 4 flaps on our air conditioning which was very powerful when on full. Cooled you down after laying in the sun in weather which was 30 degrees outside.. One very relaxed holiday maker.

Room Tip: A Suite every time as these are very big and spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HAUGHLEY
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We booked an all inclusive package via Monarch which we found to be great value for money.
Knowing Carribean standards we expected a few small issues..but for those people who complain we would say ' get a life '. We had a wonderful holiday; any problems encountered at the hotel were quickly and efficiently fixed. The food was great, the accomodation interesting, the staff friendly and charming, The only irritating thing was a lack of flaps...on our a/c - we had to move the bed to escape the cold air - but we laughed about it, no more. Erik Feniet, the Manager, was high profile and willing to please..
The charm of Tobago is unique and in abundance at this hotel...we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tonyloraine
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have just returned from this hotel for 5 days - The location is second to none, amazingly only 5 mins from the airport - but noticed no airport noise whatsoever. Whilst I'll agree with other reviews that the rooms are slightly dated, they were extremly clean and spacious. The manager seems to go with the theosophy "If its not broke , don;t fix it !" and to be honest i agree somewhat in this. If rooms were updated it would make it too expensive and loose its charm. The hotel has so much charm - its not a mega large hotel with so many facilities you don't know what to do , its a comfatble relaxing and wonderful experience of the true Caribbean. You literally walk down steps from reception down to beach - which is protected and a haven of peace. The beach restaurant serves excellent food choices and the staff were always friendly and curtious. Plenty of shops and retaurants all in easy walking distance so if you want to try some of the fabulous food this island has to offer, its on the doorstep also - CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK !!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room as they give a better view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank jacky t
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We came here in a large family group to celebrate my father's 70th birthday. We booked over a year prior.
From the moment we arrived (no hotel rep or Kuoni rep to meet us so we got a taxi!) there were a catalogue of errors which we did speak to them about and in fairness they tried to sort, albeit with a huge amount of nudging from us.

1. Our rooms were not altogether. We specified this as we rarely see each other as a family.
2. My brother's family could not be given their allocated room due to sewage problems, it took over 24 hours and atleast 10 attempts to finally get them to the room of their paid price bracket. All attempts were treated with a shrug and look of complete contempt.
3. We spoke to deputy manager of our problems and he did send some flowers and wine as a gesture of good will.
4. 99% of staff were rude. Not one front of house, restaurant or bar staff greeted us with a smile. They had an air of complete indifference and acted like guests were in their way. I know we weren't on our own with this thought as I overheard several people comment on how surly staff were. I mentioned this to the deputy manager, explaining a complete programme of staff training and customer service was needed.
4. Food was slow.
5. Childrens food was disgraceful. The only child menu is the snack one which consists of burgers, pizza or nuggets. I had to ask the restaurant manager for a healthy childrens meal which consisted of some form of vegetable! This was done after the children were given a bowl of plain boiled spaghetti with no sauce whatsoever. After a wait of over an hour!.
6. I watched my 7 year old son pluck up the courage to order a milk shake from one of the bar ladies by the pool and to my astonishment she did not acknowledge him and served the adults. He waited patiently for about 10 minutes before giving up, he then did not want to go back up for the rest of the holiday.
7. Our room was spacious but furnishings were very 70's, the bed linen was sheets with a wool cover, it felt like it needed a good clean. I found the last residents hair in the shower. The showers were old, taps had limescale and I'm not a fan of shower curtains. A complete overhaul is needed. The room was also not cleaned on 2 occasions!
8. Our shower broke twice and I was burnt with hot water pouring out. No apologies but a man was sent around within 20 minutes.
8. Breakfast was good although the queue for the eggs got to the point you couldn't be bothered to wait. The 'egg lady' was the one of the few friendly faces amongst the staff!
9. The pool was pretty but was not cleaned the entire time we were there. Leaves were in the corner for the duration. The water also was slightly slimey on the surface from suntan lotion. There was no pool attendant present.
10. A lovely safe beach, but plastic cups and fag butts were never cleaned away.

I feel so much could be done to improve this hotel, my understanding having spoken to several members of staff is that the owner of the hotel has become complacent and will not plough any profits back into the hotel. Serious refurbishments need to take place in bedrooms and bathrooms.

All staff from management down need some formal customer training. A smile really is not that hard!

Children need a separate lunch and dinner menu.

Beach and pool should be cleaned every evening.

I know that this is the best hotel on the island but I really feel that it has become lazy in all areas and the owner of this needs to take a long hard view at this. I gather there is a number of repeat guests but this number will fall if this hotel carries on with its complacent attitude.

From Coco Reef we then flew onto Antigua to Blue Waters which although marginally more expensive is 100% better in all areas, maybe Manager and Owner should go with a note book!

Having given a long list of negative points, it's redeeming feature is the location... it is 2 minutes drive from airport but it is surprisingly quiet.
The beach is private and the sea is calm due to the breakers, I felt very safe with my children swimming and canoeing.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a sea view...all you will get is a close up of a palm tree. We had a very spacious garden suite with a huge balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family