I have to say that I disagree with all the comments I have read about this hotel
We arrived on the 21 dec 2007 after being in the Grafton Hotel (that one was rubbish) for a few hours in the afternoon and one evening. On arrival at the Coco Reef we were told about the hotel and shown our room this was roomy and clean with a flower message on the two beds. I would agree that the shower was a bit tired but worked it was also a good size.
We were on the ground floor with a small patio overlooking the lagoon, The room was plenty big enough hey you only sleep and get changed it it after all.
The beach was man made but the rest of the islands beaches the sand is quite dark and the water in the lagoon was a perfect place for children to play even with the boats coming and going. It was great to feed the fish, the beach bar service was good and after a few days they you got to know what you drank it was there before asking, The beach was cleaned daily there was loads of water sports to do and the dive centre was also very good my partner did 14 dives he would have done more but they were shut on sundays. The were buckets and spades and a few air beds for the children to use. We liked the choices in the beach bar food was nice the staff were friendly and happy.
The food in the evening was also great but you did have to book one of the evenings it was my birthday I had balloons at the table and my pudding had happy birthday written in chocolate sauce and candles this happened a few times to other people and you did not have to tell them it was your birthday they just did it. I never found the service slow but they did not rush you either.
Entertainment was great Especially new years eve where we had a huge party with a live band and fireworks. the entertainment finished at about 10.30 pm news years eve it was 3.00am I came down for breakfast early and the place was as if nothing had happened the night before the staff must have worked all night to clear up.
All the staff were not rude but very helpful. Maybe it helps to be polite to them I found that it was never too much trouble to help you what ever the request.
Only complaint the mini bar was overpriced but then you did not have to use it and that if you wanted fizzy wine with your meal you had to pay for it at about £5.50 a glass you soon drink something else.
We can only say after being in one of Tobago's other hotels you would be more than pleased to be at the Coco reef . Would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coco Reef Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago