“sherry”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Crown Point
Trinidad
“sherry”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

April 25th was my birthday, so I decided to go for the weekend, when we got there and entered the room, there were flowers all over and happy birthday was written with palm leaves on the bed, the waitresses even got together and sung happy birthday at the dinner table, it was a really nice gesture. I love the place, close to airport. It was my second visit there, the place was clean, the staff friendly, the food was good, the price was great and I sure will be going again and even encouraging others to go also. Anytime I want a weekend Getaway it will be Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort for me and my family.

2 Thank Sherry A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at the Tropikist for a weeks all inclusive, we were upgraded when we arrived to a bigger room with a sea view which was nice.

The hotel was basic, food was great and service from all of the staff was really friendly.

The hotel is not a luxury resort but we didn't expect luxury for this price bracket.

We would definitely go again!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Chrisward100
london
Reviewed April 25, 2013

we were here x 2 weeks and suppose to have an all inclusive but we only managed to have breakfast then eat out x lunch and dinner as food quality was very poor.
one night they served us a very funny smell fish with bakes beans from breakfast buffet, then we realised that the fish was the same that we had 3 days before.
we had no water in the room and we had no water available x breakfast x 2 days " as they needed a man to carry it"..?!?!?!
if u choose this hotel only go x b&B but best if u get your own apartment and cook the amazing fresh fish and veg u ll find all around pigeon point.
majority of restaurants use frozen fish so u better buy your own fresh one and cook it.
AVOID JEMMA tree house restaurant, it s far away and nothing special, we have been waiting 30 min to order and another hour to get the plate..
but in the mean time we got sting by 100 mosquitos!!!(the only place where we found them)

Tobago is fantastic and u have to drive it around. go with local tours but contract th eprice as they are super expensive... for what u get..

people are lovely everywhere, safe place, lobster ... mmmmm yummy!!!

Room Tip: get a B&B or an apartment nearby. this place is overpriced, needs a refurbishment and edible fo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mimifanoLondon

Travelers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you are looking for a place to sleep and have a breakfast before going out for the day, this worked well for that purpose. The pool and exterior looked inviting, and generally well kept. The room was comfortable (big comfy beds and large room size), and clean. However a few things could be better for visual appeal purposes which was not a big deal for me...but could be a big deal for other guests who relish the visual appeal of a room considering the price. I loved the fact that a room with balcony facing the ocean, cracking the sliding door a bit, I was able to hear the crashing waves and fall asleep to that soothing sound - excellent!......but on the detail side: bedspreads on the beds, finished tile behind toilet, a bolt on the adjoining room door, a TV remote and cleaner walls------might be nice and help the room's appearance/appeal......but otherwise, my needs were generally met. It was also nice to have wi-fi in the lobby.

Room Tip: I would say a room with a balcony on the ocean side has an advantage of ocean sounds.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Belhome004
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed April 9, 2013

had a great stay at tropikist with my family in April 2013 ,the service has improved quite a lot under the new manager who is really into pleasing the guests,sadie at the front desk is the best and should be commended for customer service ,even the cleaning staff was friendly keep up the good work

1 Thank ronnyd196
Trinidad
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I once again stayed at Tropikist and it was once again great! We had such fun and great service from all, especially our boy Gary! Cheers!!!!!!!! Hope to visit again soon and hope to be just as pleased. The only thing I found - was the Dinner could of been a bit more
tasty . But all and all a great vacation!

2 Thank greattimebaby
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here 1n March 2013.Like you I read the reviews.The hotel is very convenient to the airport and can be walked as i done on return.The hotel claims 3 star and it is I chose all inclusive and was not dissappointed.Unlike a lot of all inclusive lunch and dinner brought to your table breakfast is lovely and a buffet style with exception of hot food served by friendly staff.ll the staff forgive me forgot the names are superb..very friendly cannot do enough and nothing is too much trouble.While i was there maintainence were working on the bridge over pool and painting the suites.The pool and swim up bar fantastic grounds lovely but there was a dry spell and grass looked rather parched.Iwas upgraded as i was on my own and apreciated this very much.On arrival at airport make sure you have ttdollras as it will cost you much more in us dollars the cost is about 40 tt pictures of hotel accurate in web page.yes the hotel could do with a bit of a paint job but i seen enough evidence to suggest this is in hand.Hans tours give a wonderful island tour ad experience of Sunday skool a must for hearing the steel pans and locals cooking excellent food costs about 13 pounds for the food but worth every penny .Argyle falls is beautiful .from hotel you can walk to pigeon point cost to get in is 18 tt dollars but beach is best on island in my view any questions email me n.mcgreeghan@btinternet.com

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort

Been to Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!