Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$303
$291
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$99
$90
Travelocity
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
$286
$153
$188
$154
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
$131
  • Pool
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$170
  • Beachfront
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$141
Travelocity
All reviewsswim up barstore baysuperior roompigeon pointall inclusive dealocean frontsmall beachcleaned every dayenjoy your staygreat holidayisland tourcleaned dailysunday schoollaid backrum punchthe general managerlocal food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I've been to many parts of the Caribbean and have enjoyed all the occasions when i've visited, but unfortunately this particular visit was a forgettable one. The Resort itself was adequate, it was certainly not a four-star as advertised, but it had all the basic requirements. The cable channels on the Television had a terrible reception like it was a indoor aerial, but the other facilities were okay.

My biggest issue was with the staff, the group in Reception were very nice and accomodating, but some of the individuals in the Bar and the Dining area were very unhelpful, abrupt and made it clear that they were doing you a favour, as opposed to helping to your needs. As far as i'm concerned when you pay alot of money for a all-inclusive, you should be entitled to gain some of the benefits, within reason of course. But some of the staff served some customers and blantantly ignored others, at times it was a disgrace and a embarassment.

But don't let that put you off Tobago, Pigeon Point is one of the most beautiful Beaches that i've ever seen, just be prepared for some obnoxious behaviour, which was a bit of a culture shock for me.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 20, 2008

My friend and I have just returned from a week in the Tropikist beach hotel in Tobago, and I just wanted to share my thoughts. I had a fantastic time. The hotel setting was wonderful. Set on a private beach near the airport, I thought there might be some noise and that was not the case. We liked watching the planes come in to land. The birds were fantastic, Breakfast was a feast of pancakes, omelettes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, vegetables, toast, cereals, fresh fruits etc.. couldn't fault it! We didn't go all inclusive and that was nice, we had the choice to eat in the hotel which we did once. A nice restaurant is the Bar Iguana on the main road. Lovely food and even better cocktails..
One regret: we asked if it was safe to drink the tap water... BIG MISTAKE.. DONT DRINK THE WATER, my friend got a bug and was in bed with an upset stomach for over a day, which was a total disaster for her. (even after returning home her stomach was still not quite right!)
The room we had was huge, had two double beds and a nice bathroom. The telly and phone didn't work, there was no hair dryer and the safes were never free... and the attitude about this was rather laid back. But then, on holiday you need to be laid back!!! Also, the vital air conditioning was working!!
I would recommend the hotel for its convenient location. And for the few wonderful people who work there who make your holiday so special and pleasurable.. The ones who don't give you something to moan about!!! Service in the bar was slow and basically some of the bar staff are plain rude.
We got presented with a bill at the end that did not belong to us, but it was rectified and investigated immediately...
The lovely lady who came to clean the room and change the towels was friendly and did a lovely job of making the beds.
Our thanks go to Colin the maintenance guy who kept the grounds and pool tidy. I don't know what other people talk about when they say the pool smelt, as it was clean and tidy every day when we were there. Met a whole variety of different people and saw some amazing things: Turtles laying eggs on the beach!! We booked our own trips, the sales people around store bay can be pushy and sleazy but after all, they have a job to do!!
Renting a car was easy and a cheap option to get around. Various car rental places around Crown point, all offering cars for around 325 tta day.. Boat trips, turtle watching, snorkelling, barbecues on deserted beaches, diving, jet skis, sun bathing, hiking, steel pans, sunday school... Rasta music, Soca music, It was absolutely AMAZING

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank annemariewinchester
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I do not understand what people are complaining about with this hotel. I am very well travelled and have stayed in many Caribbean Hotels from 3 star to 5 star and have to say I had no problem with the Tropikist at all. The rooms were cleaned every day and comfortable all with nice views, the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly - it always helps if you smile and say please and thank you! The hotel manager was extremely helpful and the actual setting and gardens of the hotel and pool were lovely. The restaurant was a la carte and had a good choice every day and was very well presented and if anything the service was too good we could have done with more of a break between courses. Overall I really do not know what people expect from a 3 star hotel most people stay here at budget prices and seem to expect a 5 star standard but I have definitely stayed in worse 3 star hotel in the Caribbean than this one

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sally C
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Package holiday on B&B basis, took occasional meals at the hotel.
Location, close to everything you need, walk there from the airport, go out, turn left towards the fort then follow the road round. If you are unsure ask the locals, everyone is very friendly.
Breakfast was ample and fulfilling, it would set you up well for the day, chefs very friendly. Sat on a terrace overlooking the sea, being the Caribbean the birds are a fact of life, so if your going to leave your food unattended and you got no one to stand guard, take an extra plate to cover it, or try to leave your table after the staff have collected up your plate and not encourage the birds in the first place. Remember where you are, you wouldn’t leave a sandwich in Trafalgar Square unattended would you?
Lunch was good, evening meal too, never had a problem with quantities or cost. Again thought the service was good and friendly, especially from the Chefs.
Bar staff, no problem, friendly, informative, chatty and honest. I got to say I felt very comfortable with the staff, front desk, manger and chamber maids, who I found to be very flexible, all that is required is to remember where you are and use good communication and understanding, then things will get done they way you want them too, let them know when you have vacated the room and they will work round you. Room was large, comfortable and clean, all things worked.
Gardens well kept and looked fantastic, watching the humming birds amongst the flowers wonderful, pools fantastic, great setting, sunsets on the terrace.
I wish I went for two weeks instead of the one, actually wish I was back there now.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank random23
Reviewed April 6, 2008

OK,My headline,Not the RITZ,But whos paying for the RITZ.Not the best place I have stayed in and not the worst either. My pal and I booked a holiday here for one week in May of this year,The purpose of our trip was a golfoing holiday,So if any of you guys want a spectacular place to play golf go to Tobago,Now about the Hotel Tropikist,On arrival we were treated with curtious officiency,The receptionists were very pleasant and we had our room in no time,The room (a standard room) was spacios and clean with two double beds,a storage room with a wardrobe and a shower room which was spacious,We had a great view from the balcony.The food was OK,Breakfast Lunch and Dinner,And Plentifull,The Staff was pleasant to everyone,allthough some of the barstaff were slow and did not want to serve you,or if they did it was at their pace,I must say except for Allison we found her to be very efficient,overall we had a great time here and would definately stay at the Tropikist again,Take no notice of the Grumblers,As I say it is not the Ritz then we are not paying Ritz prices are we.I forgot to mention we couldnt have lunch due to our playing golf,So the management took great care furnishing us with a picnic basket everyday during our stay,Overall we enjoyed a great time in Tobago and the TROPIKIST BEACH HOTEL,Our thanks to everyone at the hotel for making our stay so enjoyable,With a special Thanks to Allison from both of us.
TOM & ALEC