Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$108
Travelocity
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
$286
TripAdvisor
$188
$154
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
$134
$122
  • Pool
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$170
  • Beachfront
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$141
Travelocity
All reviewsswim up barstore baysuperior roompigeon pointall inclusive dealocean frontsmall beachcleaned every dayenjoy your staygreat holidayisland tourcleaned dailysunday schoollaid backrum punchthe general managerlocal food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

On my first night of stay at this hotel there was rain which resulting in the rooms we were staying in to flood and when i went to the front desk i was told by one of the clerks a miss Lee Ann De vines that a manager had to give the OK for me to get TWO towels to put on the floor to stop the water from coming in,she instead wanted to give me two nasty USED towels which she put in my hands before i had the chance to refuse them,when i complained to her that i thought that was inappropriate of her to hand me dirty towels she accused me being rude and went to the back and showed me TWO clean towels that i would get only after I apologize to her.I didn't apologize but eventually got the towels after embarrassing her in-front other guest.The power also went that night ,THE IS NO BACK UP GENERATOR OR DISASTER PLANT(GOD HELP YOU)and no one came to let us know what was going one.THIS HOTEL IS NOT SAFE,Most of the common areas including the halls are exposed to the elements which result in the floors being EXTREMELY SLIPPERY WHEN WENT making it almost impossible to walk on,ALSO THERE ARE NO RAILINGS ON THE STAIRS an old woman even fell down and damage her foot.The FOOD IS AWFUL,THE QUALITY IS POOR AND A COCKROACH WAS IN MY DINNER THE ONLY NIGHT I DECIDED TO EAT THERE,before we discovered the roach my four year old nephew ate some of the food and was sick the entire following day,we almost had to take him to the hospital.The rooms smell like SEWAGE and are FILTHY, i even caught a cleaning staff member spraying my sheets with Lysol and when i asked her what she was doing,she said MANAGEMENT TOLD HER don't wash the sheets just spray it with Lysol.CARRY YOUR OWN TOWELS THE ONES THEY HAVE MIGHT AS WELL BE SAND PAPER.ALSO THE STAFF HAS NO PROBLEM OPENING THE DOORS TO YOUR ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING,OR WAKING YOU UP AT EIGHT AM TO CLEAN OR GET SOMETHING FROM THE ROOM THESE THINGS ARE JUST A FEW OF THE THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO US ON THAT TRIP.NEVER STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Nicholas H
Reviewed October 14, 2012

While the Bar tender and head chef were very nice, staff at the front desk were Disgusting! I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN! Trust me.... you are better off staying somewhere else with nicer staff who act in a timely manner, newer facilities and CLEAN TOILETS.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank keyb0
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my 1st time here and definiately not the last...Had an amazing weekend, felt really welcomed by everyone .Wanna say a special thank you to everyone that made my stay welcoming and comfortable especially Mr.Anderson ,Gary all the kitchen staff ,receptionist all nice people....I have no complaints , my room was clean , my food and drinks were great the pool awesome didnt wanna even leave to go out ... Good jobs guys keep up the great work. Gonna be back soon.... :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter...Room #58 just kool....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Nesha J
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife & I just spent the weekend there & i remembered why i chose Tropikist in the first place. We had our honeymoon there and 5 years after we got the same great service & warm greetings that we received on our first trip. Thank you Mr. Anderson for your personal "hands on" management style, thank you to you & your staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank VanDerFung
Reviewed October 7, 2012

i always stay at tropikist beach hotel, however this time i was a little disappointed when i got to the hotel they couldn,t fine my reservations however it was sorted out,then the rooms were not what am use to getting ,staff was short and we waited almost a whole day to get our room clean.
i still try to work my way around that ,but my sister was disappointed because it wasn't like i boasted it would be.
I must say doh,the workers who was on duty very friendly, the menu excellent ,could use some more recipes.
the place surely needs a paint job, but it was really relaxing in the spa,i enjoyed it .
i payed like $6000tt for four people and i understand i was rob by the travlled agent who didn,t put us all in-clusive. i always vist this place.

Room Tip: use the top rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family