“Would recommend this friendly hotel )” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort

Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Crown Point
herts
“Would recommend this friendly hotel )”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a week in January with a girl friend. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the hotel surroundings were beautiful with lots of plants and flowers. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. We were all inclusive and thought there was a great choice for breakfast and the evening meal although lunch was limited. Although you can't swim in the sea on the beach at the hote, there is a lovely beach just a 4 minute walk down the road.I think this hotel is great value for money and I am thinking of staying there again next year.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank stefanie h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Ambleside, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed at the tropikist as we could not book our usual hotel.My wife booked the
Tropikist before i had chance to view comments on Trip Advisor.

This was our ninth visit Tobago and unfortunetly our first 10 days was very disappointing
and would concur with some of the bad reports on the Trip Advisor.

However; Our holiday dramatically improved.This was due to the introduction of a new General Manager,who immedietly identified the slacknest of staff and their attitudes to guests.Also the improvement in food selection

Our room was extremely spacious and the house keeper was very good and the room was
spotless.

Breakfast was disappointing for the whole holiday it was toast and jam scrambled egg or ommolette.the servery caterered mainly for caribbeanes.

Lunch was very good.burghers are excellent,only on the odd occassions could we get a Club
Sandwich.

Restaurant. The new GM brought in his previous hotel staff,The service was a revelation and on par with UK.The old staff improved significantly aftr being trained properly.

Bar. very attentive ladies will be spoilt with range of cocktails.

My wife had a accident The GM insisted that the doctor should see her.it was decided that she should have an xray.The hotel paid for the taxi and doctors fees,
I work in the hotel industry and i am sure we could not get this sort of service in most places.
Nearly every member of staff were concerned.

Anderson Macfee the new GM is really turning this hotel around.We informed him how happy we would be to be repeaters at the Tropikist provided he remained the GM.

Room Tip: Superior rooms very spacious,larger than deluxe rooms.Stayed in number 59
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank hauziale
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Me and my husband booked this hotel because it was near to the airport (about 10 minutes walking distance) and the facilities sounded good. We only needed a two night stay during the Christmas period so this was ideal. However, when we arrived we were greeted by unfriendly reception staff who acted like they were unhappy voluntary workers that found it hard to crack a smile.

ROOMS- Our room was decent, spacious and clean (Ground floor double). The bed was a queen size and i slept like a baby. However, we had an ironing board with no iron. When we inquired about the iron one reception staff told us that they do not provide one. However, on the the last day we decided to ask again and was told that they have one iron for all of the hotel guests! to share Eventually a member of staff located the iron and got it for us. There were NO tea and coffee making facilities in the room, although they provided two mugs and a teapot! On a good note the room had cable TV, although we had not come on holiday to watch TV!!

FOOD- We had read the reviews before hand and decided not to waste our money with an all inclusive package. Thank God for that because we went down to the bar during dinner time and it was a utter mess. Loads of guests with families had to wait ages to be seated. We also spoke to a guest who had three children with him and there was not enough food for all the guests so they only received a salad to eat having paid for an all inclusive!! Breakfast is served between 7.30-9am (very early considering were on vacation). The first morning was okay, not a large selection: bread, scrambled eggs, chicken sausages, beans and pancakes. On our last day we had to wait 45 minutes for food to be ready and not one member of staff thought it was necessary to explain and apologize for the delay. Plus you have to eat quick and try not turn away from your food or else the birds (who eagerly watch you and invade your space throughout) will come and eat your food for you.

BAR
We decided to have a cocktail on our first night before leaving the hotel grounds which was a mistake. During the busy Christmas period they only had ONE person serving drinks for all the guests. The poor barman was sweating so much trying to keep up with all the orders. Once again we waited over 30 minutes for a drink. To my disgust as my husband and I finally sipped on our drinks I noticed a large cockroach crawling on his chest! Luckily he is not a wimp like me and he hastily dusted it off!

FACILITIES
The main pool is consistently full of leaves from the trees. It took me an my husband 10 minutes to find the Jacuzzi which was tucked away between some bushes. Was it hot? NO! All though the welcome letter states that it is open 24hours, there is no way that you could even use that during the night because there is not one light near the pool and you might just get bit by a wondering snake!

Luckily it was within a 10 minute walk to the local Store Bay beach and other eating facilities because if we had to stay on the hotel grounds we would have starved!

If you plan to stay here my advice is only do bed and breakfast or room only! There are loads of places to eat a good meal nearby!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank MRS_ACE2011
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks in November. We were VERY disappointed. We did not realise you could not swim from the small untidy beach at the Hotel becuase of rocks and coral. The room was OK, very clean, fresh towels and maid service every day. Most of the staff were friendly. The grounds were nicely kept but the food was very poor. We paid for an all inclusive stay. Big mistake. When we got there the only alcohol was ONE bottle of rum, the drinks however did improve as time went on (as did the food a little but only when they had some weekend visitors from Trinidad) although there was no Vodka until Thursday? Breakfast was practically the same everyday, chopped up hot dog sausages in tomato sauce, eggs, bread, cheap margarine, pancakes. We had bacon three times, cheese twice and butter twice during our fortnight stay. One day there was no margarine (or butter) as one of the chefs had gone home with the key. Another day the bar was very late opening as one of the managers had the key. After some time I suggested someone ring her and ask her to bring it back!!!!!! The evening meal was usually watery soup (no bread), fish or chicken, rice, dry coleslaw with no mayonnaise followed by cake or ice cream for dessert. There was never any fruit, yoghurts, snacks or anything available during the day. Several guests did complain to the management who I must admit were very helpful but it was too little too late. Sorry, but will NEVER stay there again or recomend it to anyone.

Jo
Devon UK

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
12 Thank Jo B

Travelers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Bronx, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I would say that my experience at this hotel was more than I expected. Clean, bright, beautiful view and lovely staff and food. The rooms were equip with cable tv and Air conditioning for your convenience. They have a dinning area, breakfast area, a bar, many pools and a jacuzzi. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's near the airport and beaches.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have a great view.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nicole A
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My boyfriend and i stayed at the resort for only two night but it was definitely worth it .i would returned in a heart beat. the grounds we clean the staff friendly.our room were clean upon our untimely check in. each day our towels were change beds made and room cleaned.the fully air conditioned room with walk in closet cable t.v and mini refrigerator was prefect and i must say even thought breakfast was late the hotel bar, jacuzzi and amazing flora surrounded pools made up for it. I enjoyed my stay to get away.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lystra y
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

At check-in on my arrival from London via Grenada my booking was cancelled but the receptionist made some phone calls to re-check my reservation then gave me a big room on the third floor with views over the Caribbean Sea. She further stated that the TV is not working properly but to compensate offered dinner for the duration of my stay which was a lovely thought

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 2 in Black Rock
3.0 of 5 stars 406 reviews
Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts

Been to Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!