“Lovely time at Rovanels!”
Review of Rovanel's Resort

Rovanel's Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Lovely time at Rovanels!”
Reviewed January 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Rovanel's resort for a short 2 days in December! We were pleasantly surprised by the Resort's grounds! There were alot of plants and flowers everywhere and they created a nice private feeling when walking around! The grounds are well maintained.

The rooms are very well maintained as well, very clean and very nice! We had an initial problem with the AC in the room and we were eventually upgraded probably because they were booked up at that time so were very pleased with the Assistant Manager for all her help and considerate! she really goes out of way and so does the owner, very friendly person!

The local breakfast buffet is really good, wished they had more variety of breads or some sweet items would be nice though, but the food was good!

The parrots kept on the resort can be a little annoying especially early in the morning when they are squawking...

The resort is far up on store bay local road, the walk to the junction was a little more than 30 minutes, so you need a car to get around especially at nights, because the taxi rates are very expensive!

We also ate at Bonkers Restaurant at Toucan Inn which was very good and very well priced and La Tartaruga which has really great desserts and alot of different types of wine!

The resort also offered transportation to the beach and sometimes their Car rental agency in Crown Point would give us a drop back which was nice! They also offered complimentary drop off to the airport!

We ended up having a very relaxing time at Rovanel's!

• Liked — Cleanliness, helpful Assistance Manager
  • Disliked — Distance from Restaurants and beach
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ADM12

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Princes Town
Reviewed June 17, 2007

Lovely Resort...my husband and i sent the easter weekend there and everything was great from the front desk service to their rooms and not forgetting their scrumptious meals....we'll definitely be going back sometime soon....try it....you will want to go back a second time...

• Liked — Prompt Services
  • Disliked — Everything was great
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dale_Sheena
Chicago
Reviewed February 15, 2007

The staff is friendly, but it seems like everyone started working there the day before we arrived- confusion and waiting was the norm. We waited 1/2 hour @ the front desk for 2 beach towels. When they came (I have no idea why it took 1/2 hr), they wanted a deposit of $18 US per towel in cash (could not be put on the credit card used to secure the room).

Same thing for kitchen dishes and utensils: we had a kitchenette, but we discovered there wasn't a single cup dish or spoon in it. I went to the front desk and they explained that I had to check off on a list what utensils/dishes I'd like and how many and then pay a cash deposit. We couldn't get a coffee maker or spatula for some reason.

These may seem like small aggravations, but they're exemplary of the whole experience. I don't want to bother to catalogue all the hassles here, but I'll add that they had to evacuate the hotel because of a bomb threat while we were there (which could happen to any hotel really), but I'm guessing it was from some other dissatisfied party. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else like Kariwak. Manta Lodge up in Speyside was also awesome and I would recommend it highly.

Stayed January 2007
6 Thank Quazgaw

Travelers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Chaguanas
Reviewed January 11, 2007

I stayed at Rovanel's for my honeymoon, it was great. The room was clean and very neat. The dinning area was very romantic and the food was delicious.I paticularly enjoyed the inhouse zoo.
I will recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway.My husband and I will be going back the next time we visit Tobago.

• Liked — The bedroom
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rogue-23
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We were traveling on business and stayed at Rovanel's. Someone else selected the hotel, but we found it to be very nice. It is not a luxury hotel, but the efficiency's are clean and have a beautiful view of the gardens.

We arrived after 11pm, after 14 hrs of travel and were suprised that we could get no food or beverages from the kitchen which was closed.

However, the next day, we found the restaurant food to be very good and affordable. The conference facilities were nice and the pool area is fantastic.

It is about a mile to the beach, but a free shuttle is available during the daytime. Dining outside the hotel is limited but we found a local restaurant across the street to be very good, as well as the Toucan Inn restaurant down the road.

The hotel is close to the airport (about a 5 minute drive) but noise was NOT a problem, and flights stop at 11PM anyway.
Cab fare from the airport was about $7 US.

Of the hotels in Crown Point that I saw, this was one of the nicer hotels and the cost of living in the entire area was VERY reasonable.

We visited the Beach at Store Bay and found it comfortable but pretty small. There are several restaurant and vendors there. We liked the beach at Pigeon Point MUCH better. There is a small admission charge, but the beach is nicer, less vendors and more shade.

We also went to Speyside one night for dinner. It was about an hour drive up the coast, but we had dinner at a WONDERFUL restaurant called the Tree House Restaurant. The food was good, very reasonably priced and it had a beautiful view (right on the beach) really in a tree house.

We went scuba diving with Extra Diver's Pigeon Point. We found them reasonably priced, very safe and well equipped.

We found Tobago to be very laid back. They have not yet completely figured out the "tourist" thing, but that made it affordable and pleasant. All of the hotels are smaller (less than 50 rooms) and few are on the beach.

There are some direct flights, but most fly to Trinidad and then take the commuter flight to Tobago.

We recommend Rovanel's in Tobago and would go back.

• Liked — Pool, conference facility, food and nearby beach at Pigeon Point
  • Disliked — Hours of restaurant operations
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to Pigeon Point...if time go to Tree House Restaurant in Speyside
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank MVOhio
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Excellent resort.. The customer service was excellent and accomodating with easy provisions for car rentals. The rooms were comfortable and what sets this resort apart from others is there is a miniature zoo located at the back of the resort with all sorts of exotic animals like parrots, monkeys and other interesting sights. The food is also top quality and I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2004
7 Thank Omarldinho
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 20, 2005

I come over to Tobago every year and shoot the fireworks for the Independence Day celebration in Scarborough. It is the most beautiful place that we have stayed at yet! I have requested the same place for this years celebration ! I will be there Aug. 30th thru the 1st of Sept. I am really looking forward to my stay!!!!! These people are awesome.......totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU !!!

#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Native Abode
Native Abode
#1 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Rovanel's Resort? Share your experiences!