“A Family's NOT Perfect Vacation”

Jimmy's Holiday Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Jimmy's Holiday Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family of four spent two nights at Jimmy's during our stay in Tobago and I am glad that we did not stay any longer. We stayed in the apartment between the store and the office. Therefore, despite posing both a safety and privacy risk, we were not able to sleep during the nights as noise from outside and the bar upstairs kept us up until we past midnight! The kitchen, dining room and living room were together with only one light. The television did not work at all! The fan was broken and there were several loose electrical wires which posed a safety risk. The fridge barely worked and the water was filthy. There were very few dishes so my family had to purchase several disposable items. The floor was fairly dusty and sandy and room had a disgusting smell. The bedroom was small as was the bathroom. The shower did not have hot water and the sink was tiny and outdated. Even worst, the toilet was broken! Thankfully, it lasted until we left. In the bedroom, one of the lights did not work (the main light). The beds were also very hard and no proper covers were provided. The pool was filthy! No rules were enforced so several members were jumping and diving and posed a safety risk to others. We complained about various problems several times yet nothing was done to assist.
Jimmy's is DEFINITELY NOT a place for families and those who enjoy a quiet and peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Islander1521

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I needed to spend a single night in Tobago. I got this apartment/hotel at late notice. The approach fills you with the dread of entering a dive......not too hopeful. I arrived at 01:30 and there was a group having a gathering (lime) outside my room. The room/suite was basic. The ante room had a kitchenette, table and seats. The fridge worked, barely and the TV not at all! The bedroom was also basic. A double bed.....but you had to make it......hand soaps, but no towels. I am pleased that I did not have to spend longer there. The staff however were pleasant and accommodating and the rooms clean. However for $300, about US$ 50 or £30, was not a BAD deal. It is hoped that they can spruce it up.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Clydejames
Reviewed February 16, 2013

After reading the reviews i was some sceptical about my stay. It was pleasantly surprising , the staff was warm and very accomodating especially the Manager. The room was very spacious and clean. The fixtures are very outdated and definitely need an upgrade , the dishes also needs changing , so we used disposable dishes during our trip. Location is excellent and close to everything and the mini mart on the compound was even more convenient.
Security was always present day and night.
Needs a bit of sprucing up and didnt understand the deposit for a towel but not a bad experience overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank lifebeginsat4008
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Jimmy's is an apartment complex. It's very dingy looking on the outside but fair to fine in the rooms. It's definitely a popular place for groups on a tight budget.

Greatest upside is the location : smack in the centre of Tobago's tourist hub you'll find it engulfed by restaurants, banks, supermarkets and walking distance to the 2 most popular beaches - Storebay and Pigeon Point.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank MJ_Trini
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed in Jimmy's in 2011 and found it to be horrible. I couldn't stay longer than a day! HOWEVER, We recently decided to stay at Jimmy's this month and I was SHOCKED AND IMPRESSED. They recently appointed a new manager Natasha and she is beyond amazing! Firstly, she escorted us to our room and told us that anything we needed we could call her directly! Anything I needed, she would bring it directly to MY ROOM, no extra charge. There was a new sports bar on site ''The Overhang'' which resembled sports bars in the United States, blaring soca and the latest music. I took my buddies there and we had a time. We also didn't rent a car, we walked everywhere! I never thought I would say this but Jimmy's really made the turnaround!! I would definitely be going back again.

Room Tip: I would suggest the bigger rooms as you definitely get alot more for your money. I would recommend t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Firstly,we had to wait for a room. Then we were given another, the attitude of the receptionist was very nice, but then I asked for towels.Well, then she showed her true personality. All I had to say to her was that I was paying $500.00 per night for my accommodations. The room was old,smelly and dirty. When I asked for fresh towels I was told they had no more. We had to buy towels from the mall. Thank God I had my car. The mattress and the bed were very old and uncomfortable.The room we got was small and not what we had paid for. My mother fell down in the bathroom and even though I informed the other receptionist, no one ever asked after my mom's well-being!It was the worst place I have ever stayed in since I've been visiting Tobago. Even Surf side is much better. The only thing that Jimmy's has going for it is it's location to the infamous beaches, Store Bay and Pigeon Point They are NEVER, EVER getting my hard earned money again!!! I hate that place!.

Room Tip: A/C wasn't working properly and the location of the room was very noisy( next to the minimart an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Naturegirlfreeport
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Considering that Jimmy's is currently undergoing new management and will be transformed into a cleaner, luxury resort more affordable for locals...I was impressed with the stay...I stayed there for 3 days with my family and friends...it was 23 of us!!!.....and it was located right in the heart of everything!! All apartments are self- contained and it was just a clean, comfortable stay...safe...security always on ground...the mini mart is so close if you get late night munchies and we walked to Shade nightclub almost every night...not to mention CHEAP....I was impressed with how cheap it was....I don't care what other reviews had to say, if they wanted a luxury villa they should PAY for that....

Room Tip: Choose the bigger self contained apartments...they are spacey and feel like a whole new apartment...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
#7 of 92 in Tobago
Native Abode
Native Abode
#1 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Jimmy's Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!