“for over $400 tt they have to do better than that”

Jimmy's Holiday Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Jimmy's Holiday Resort
Ranked #15 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“for over $400 tt they have to do better than that”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

these type of accomadations are not for everyone ...stayed here many years ago and it was that bad, stayed recently and there was no way i could have stayed two nights at this place. it was missing to many basic amenities you would expect in an hotel....no towels....not enough gabage despensers...no...radio...no...local cable channels...bed sheets unaceptable. no floor mats after u take a shower.... would not go back to check on the improvements.....They should close this place and focus on their mini mart..on the property.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank hardlittleme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dresden, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had no other option on hand when Rainbow Resort renegged and changed our reservation with only an hour notice prior to arriving, so we ran around and found Jimmy's Holiday Resort just down the road...
Noisy, dirty, and had to wash everything in kitchen before we could use it all.
when we lifted a mattress, it had old sheets that were stinky, dirty and I'm sure had fecal matter on it, under the mattress, that once were used, changed and put the staff were rude.
The day prior to leaving we noticed things were missing and next day more things, so we called the police when the front desk refused to give us a letter for our insurance that they originally promised to give us..
We all were NOT impressed.. Nor would recommend ever-- Jimmy's Holiday Resort OR Rainbow Resort in Tobago.

Room Tip: Its close to the beach... that's nice..
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank Steven P

Travelers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

bentham yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

the prof was laid to rest today in trinidad. we have stayed at jimmys for many years, and
always had an ejoyable stay well looked after by the proff. After the recent events of the last few months,of the way that the proff after many years loyal service has been teated by Jimmy & Lyla we fell that we could never stay in this resort again. I trust that freinds of the prof will think the same

good night and god bless to the PROF

Ron & Mel Whitmore & Emma

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
14 Thank melron19
Tampa, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is a favorite of locals because it's very cheap, but be prepared to get what you pay for. Sheets and towels filled with hair, roaches and no staff on hand to help out. Stay away until they clean up their act. We complained to manager the next day but they just said, "Sorry," and went back into the office.

Room Tip: If you must stay, inspect the room and bed first
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank CSailor71
Trinidad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

I was in the process of making arrangements for a group of us to stay at Jimmy's. The decision was already made and I was just asking questions regarding the sleeping accommodations (number of beds, amenities, etc). I must have spent like 3 minutes on the phone so it was not long. However, the woman on the phone became very annoyed with my questions and cut into my questioning instead blurting out whether i was taking the place or not. She continued with this attitude even as I politely explained that I only wanted to get an appreciation of what to expect. I eventually told her that I would instead call tomorrow if I was going to confirm booking.
Up to this point I had already informed my group that we would be staying at Jimmy's. My call was really to make and confirm the booking, but the very poor attitude changed my mind and I have just booked elsewhere. I will be paying a much higher price now, but nothing can compensate for such poor service. I would not want to experience that again or subject to my friends to same. It is supposed to be a relaxing trip.
I do not normally write these reviews and I have stayed in very many resorts and hotels both here at home and abroad. My point is not about the standard of accommodations but about a basic requirement in this business of hospitality.
I recognise that people can have a bad day, but these persons need to recognise that there service (or lack thereof) will result in people not wanting to patronise their establishment.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank AndD54
Tobago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Jimmy's is ideally located in Store Bay so it is very close to the beach, walking distance. There is also space to park your vehicle within the compound's walls; a mini-mart is located in the resort so everything is readily available. A bar and restaurant is located above the mini-mart but no meals are served so forget about ordering any meals; the variety of drinks on the menu was also limited, mainly to bear.
The apartments were very small but comfortable. I cannot praise the housekeeping staff enough, they were very helpful and willing to assist in any way. The pool was a real problem because it was very small and really could not accommodate the number of people that were visiting during peak time (so if you are looking for a quiet vacation, forget about it!)
I hope this information was helpful to anyone who would like to visit this resort.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank precious57
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

i had a really bad experience at this hotel. i was inappropriately harassed by an older employee that run the restaurant and bar in the hotel (hint..person is known as "[--]). we complained to the lady at the front desk, she was very helpful. she told us that this has happened many times before and that when they do tell the manager, they competely ignore the complaints. he would even try calling our room at midnight, bothering us. this man is competely disgusting and i would warn women not to stay at this hotel if you are traveling with only females companions.

the room was dirty, the lady would sweep the room, but there was still junk on the floor everwhere. there was gum stuck on the bed head, which was really disgusting and clearly visible. we also had things stolen from our room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Jimmy's Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!