“Absolutely Awful!”

James Holiday Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
James Holiday Resort
Ranked #16 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Trinidad and Tobago
“Absolutely Awful!”
Reviewed April 11, 2006

I am a Trinidadian local and my best friend and I decided to take a cool getaway for the weekend. We decided on this "resort" because of the low price but in the end got low quality, low service, low safety and low hospitality.
The showers were covered in mildew and grime. The bathroom overall was unclean. The bed sheets had an extremely low thread count and the so called amenities were either non existant or old and unsanitary.

I learned my lesson of "you get what you pay for"

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank SunKissedCoCo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2006

Firstly the cost per apartment: US$65 per night (Apartment with Kitchen), which was too pricey, and it seems as if the prices are subject to change if you are a foreigner. But we were disappointed from the first when James said, "he would pick us up at the airport". We waited there for half an hour and he never came…then we hired a Taxi to take us to the James Holiday Resort (Taxi cost: US$10). We did not even bother to complain because we were so tired from our long flight...when we got there no one was at the reception’s desk we had to wait another half hour there before the gentleman showed up to check us in…. we only learnt later on that the same man who from the front desk is the same gentleman who was the casher at James Holiday Mini-Mart. LOL hahahahahahaaa…. Please note if you plan to shop at the Mini-Mart check the expiration date.

The beds are very old and uncomfortable but that is not the best part if you like counting Airplanes instead of sheep’s you would love it there….it was so close to the airport you would swear the planes were landing on the roof top of James holiday resort. Now about the cleaning service they would come change the sheets on the bed (full stop) take it from me not one day it felt as if the sheet were changed. They don’t clean the floors or the bathrooms. A couple of times when my husband and I were heading out for lunch, we always passed the maids in the room next door or the next unoccupied room lying down looking and television. Oh please note they give no towels you have to walk with your own. LOL hahahahaaaaaaaaa (Nightmare)

It gets better if you are wondering about the view from your room well you know one of them is the Airport and the other one is a lovely hotel by the name Tropikist Beach Resort. I am not sure about the reviews on Tropikist Beach Resort but I am telling you anything at that point in time was looking better than staying at James Holiday resort. In addition the first night my husband and I decided sit out in the porch and absorb our view of the airport but to our surprise a small “Tobago Express” plain was taking off and the noise was so loud it spooked the bats that was perched in the balcony ceiling and ohhhhhhhhhhh boy …my husband and I was just as spooked so for the rest of our vacation the balcony was of limits to us due to the bats that took up residents there. (Frightening)

If you are planning to rent a car from James Holiday Resort take my advice and go with budget at the Airport instead. James rent car only from Morning to evening 6am to 6pm costing US$80. At budget you pay US$70. for 24 hours and you get service with a smile.

There is no restaurant in or near to this hotel the closest restaurant is the Flaming Dragon they were close for the week we were there. If you don’t rent a car you would have to walk approx. 30 min or more to get something to eat.

Tobago is lovely, the beaches are spectacular and the food is great…it’s just James holiday Resort was the nightmare…book at your own risk.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 7, 2004

We recently tried booking a surpise family getaway over the Easter period and thought the price quoted to us at the time was very good. However, it seems that this company decides to make its own prices up as soon as you mention you are from the United Kingdom. As the company knew full well the family this surpise was for, come from Trinidad, it seems that as soon as you mention or talk with a British accent the price will go up regardless of where you live. They kindly remind that you are wasting their time and promptly hang up. We usaully book with The Hummingbird but as it was easter they were full like most other accomodation sites in the area........ We can now see why James Holiday Resort have plenty of vacancies. Our suggestion is " if you want a cheap rate with this company never mention the word pounds and make sure to talk with a trinidad accent!!"

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Miller's Guest House
Miller's Guest House
#8 of 92 in Tobago

Been to James Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!