“Book here only as a last resort.”

James Holiday Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
James Holiday Resort
Ranked #16 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Trinindad and Tobago
“Book here only as a last resort.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

James Holiday Resort will benefit from a makeover and better management. I stayed there with my younger sister and a married couple for 8 days for the carnival week. It was a last minute booking, so we were expecting all resorts to be full, however we were quite shocked to learn that James Holiday Resort still had rooms available. We weren't expecting luxury accomodations because of the price, but all the same we were expecting alot more than what we got.

On the website, they promise utensils, yet there was only a try with a water jug and two glasses placed on top of the fridge. The bathroom is quite small and we barely got hot water for the first couple of days, the toilet wasn't flushing. When we called about this, the manager decided to go into the room when we were out, and moved around our stuff in the room and still didnt fix the toilet until late in the evening. The sheets in the room were not changed for the 7 nights we stayed and housekeeping consisted of a rather rude woman who came and just asked if we had any rubbish to throw out. The bedsheets were so worn out, that if you wante to sleep with the AC, you froze all night. There were no towels in the room and when we inquired, we were told that they didn't provide any.

The pool however was clean, although rather small. The sundeck offered a remarkable view, but there were no furniture up there, only broken and rotted lawn chairs. As it was Carnival week, planes came in almost every hour, but we quite enjoyed seeing the planes take-off and land up on the sundeck and also from our little patios outside our rooms.

I would not recommend here to anyone, unless it's as a last resort, and there is absolutley no other option available to you.

I forgot to mention that there was a couple dead roaches in the room when we first got there. Put me off for my entire stay.

Room Tip: Room 16 and 17 are the best choices.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Aneisha V V

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
t&t
Reviewed July 9, 2012

i once again visited james holiday resort in tobago and i must say there has been some improvement the room size is average i had no issues with all the services offered. my room had no towels however, once i asked for them i got them right away. the room was quite clean however the bathroom is a little small but still comfortable. the price was worth it just about US60 for a standard room. the room also has a fridge and a little porch. i would have to conclude that this stay was much better than my last stay i would hope this is an indication of better service to come.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kewi25
port of spain
Reviewed March 26, 2012

James Holiday Resort is the renowned woorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssst place I've been to. I was so disappointed. The sheets and pillow sacs are washed thin till u can see the colour of the mattress and pillows. You can hear persons as clear as day outside your room. The bathroom is terrible, not clean, has no soap, no towels, shampoo........JUST NOTHING!!!!!! the room is not tiled the make shift wardrobe is disgusting. Don't even get me started on the pool I didnt even dip my big toe in that slum and besides.... the pic on the website is upsized its a little tiny excuse for a pool. The "resort" advertised kitchenware please FORGET IT. IF U WANNA CALL AN OLD PLASTIC TRAY WITH TWO CHEAP BLEEPIN GLASSES AND A PLASTIC MUG ON IT KITCHENWARE, THEN FINE.... The reception area is a mess and never has anyone to attend to customers. U know what? if I talk about all my experiences I'll right a book on James. So according to one of the other reviews. BOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
16 Thank desiree g

Travelers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Reviewed August 30, 2011

my first trip to tobago was great except for the place we stayed at james hoilday resort....first of all it is NOT a resort, the only activity provided was a pool. the room was very very small i could bearly fit in the bathroom,cable tv, small wardrobe and dressor with a small porch, NO internet service was provided even though james clearly stated there would be. no bed sheet nor towel change for all of the 4 nights i spent there, in fact no towels was provided.pool was big enough but closed off at 10pm,the pool area also smelled funny. the sun deck was huge and u got a great view of the airport and landing planes but it smelled and it was very dirty the only furniture there was dirty broken chairs and tables. the "cleaning service" ONLY took out the garbage and the ALWAYS left my doors unlock when i was out even though they got it locked. the mini mart was "okish" not the best anything i needed i got at pennysavers a few mins away, NO cooked food available unless u go to another resort restaurant nearby, which i did and each time i wished and pitty myself for not booking a room there. NO friendly customer service not even a smile. noone checked us to see if we were ok or needed anything. the rooms would worth its price if it wasnt so dirty and run down and customer service was better. I DONT RECOMMEND JAMES HOLIDAY RESORT. its better to pay a little bit extra and go somewhere else. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY DO NOT GO THERE since the facility was no wheelchair freindly nor was the pool area or other walkinh areas equiped with ramps or extra safty railing for the disabled

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
11 Thank foreverB
Trincity
Reviewed August 22, 2011

the pool was very dirty, hotel advertise kitchenware yet no utensil available, you have to pay for a towel. condition of room very horrible never gain.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Saroop
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is hands down the worst place i ever stayed in Tobago! not only is it NOT WORTH THE PRICE, but the manager and cleaning staff was unfriendly to my family and other customers. The place was filthy, moss growing all around the pool, the "mini mart" was closed for most of the time we spent there and please beware that the shuttle service is only available for pickup from the airport! On top of all of that, an evening when me and some of my family were bathing in the pool, the manager was standing around the pool staring at us bathe! very creepy!...i would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Cherry012
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I am a Trinidadian who wanted accommodation for a quick weekend break with my family in our beautiful sister isle of Tobago. After making several calls, the only resort which had space for the 12 of us was James Holiday Resort. The day before we left home, I called to confirm that towels and linens were available. Lo and behold I was told by a very unfriendly voice "you need to walk with your towels, we only provide linens". I could be wrong but I thought linens included towels!
When we arrived, our first impression was, ok, there is a pool, location good enough, we will have a relaxing weekend. However, later that Friday afternoon, I discovered that the kitchen utensils and dishes were shabby and in some cases dirty. My sister sat down to enjoy a cup of coffee only to realize that the (ceramic) cup was leaking! There were no kitchen towels, and upon request I was handed 2 towels which were thin and worn. When I enquired about dishwashing items, I was told " you need to provide that". We later proceeded to the pool to relax. My husband and son went straight in, while my daughter and I ventured to relax a bit at the poolside. We found the pool surroundings filthy, wet and mossy, the chairs were dirty and we were hesitant to lay our items on the tables. I counted at least 22 cigarette butts at one corner! There is one hut outside of the view of the pool which was always wet and dirty with bottle corks, leaves, etc.
The resort offers airport pick-up, which is good, but guests need to make their own transport arrangements for airport returns. The mini mart on compound was closed half the time and is very expensive. The gentleman who appeared to be the owner was seen operating the reservations desk, the mini mart and picking up guests at the airport. I never saw a smile on his face.
There are many other guest houses and apartments, some of which appear quite new, available in the vicinity of the airport. A short walk around and you are sure to find cleaner, friendlier and less expensive accommodations in our lovely sister isle.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 13 in Crown Point
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to James Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!