“Well well well where do I start?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Conrado Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2013

As a Trinidadian by decent, my mom brought me to Conrado beach resort when I was about 8years old. In June 2013, I came to Tobago to plan my wedding and let her book the hotel. She wanted to stay here again because of the hotel's location - right on the beach and walking distance to Pigeon point for our three day stay. Well well well where do I start. apparently in over 20 years, nothing about the place has been updated. Room cleanings were irregular. There is not wifi in every room as promised despite many visible Internet routers and multiple promises to fix the issue. The tv doesn't have consistent signal and part of the base kept falling off and into my luggage a. The beds are hard. The rooms feel like a stark prison cell more than a comfortable place to enjoy a vacation. The bathrooms look and feel like they belong to a correction facility as well. The lounge areas are dirty, messy and unkept. You cannot receive warm water by mixing the hot and cold faucets. There is no lobby attendant after dark so i was constantly worried about mine and my family's safety. The food is awful as evidenced by no one ever eating at the hotel "restaurant". Breakfast options are extremely limited and only one option per day is included. Apparently the drug dealers a few feet down the road have shorted the street lights so a strip of road is dark and therefore not safe for guests to walk to and from the main road after Sunset. The only redeeming qualities are the location, the waived charge for the extra Half a day we received from management, the hospitable and friendly staff and managers who treat you like family which I I believe Is to compensate for all the above but at over $100 US per room per night I'd rather stay elsewhere next time and not return. If you are looking for any cembelance of comfort or romance when on holiday this establishment is not for you. Nice people but they must do better if they want to continue attracting foreigners and native Trinidadians.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank D S
ConradoPigeonPOint, Manager at Conrado Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Miss,
We do appreciate your comments but have some concerns over them.
I have never seen it fit till now to clarify or rebut any comment on our Hotel.
Firstly your room was occupied by 4 Adults, something which we strongly do not recommend due to the size of the room.
And I take full responsibility for your discomfort, however it should have been strongly recommended to have two rooms as to afford you more room, comfort and privacy.
External services such as Internet Service Providers, Cable Service Providers and Street Lamps etc. are not within the control of this Hotel.
I had interacted with your family over the time you were our guest as to ensure all was well with you. And to my recollection there was a TV and WIFI situation which were brought to my attention,(not by you but other members of your Dear Family) and addressed as best as possible.
Your Family stated to me that they were ok and happy.
Regarding your sleep comfort, it would be reasonable to say that the majority of travellers prefer a firm mattress.
Our rooms are daily clean and serviced with fresh towels, toiletries etc. You spent three nights and four days with us which makes it difficult to accept your statement on room cleanliness etc.
The lobby is frequented by both visitors and guest who sometimes are just from the beach and may be wet and sandy and as such may leave our lobby unsightly. However there is an effort to keep this area like our rooms, well maintained.
Your Safety Issues, are legitimate but, Please be well assured that Conrado has systems in place to safe guard you and yours from situations whilst you’re on our compound.
You also commented about our food quality. Your Mom etc and other guest had no issues with it. Notwithstanding this, we well endeavour to make good, better.
We were not extremely busy for the period of time you all were here, and driving around the Island or walking around Crown Point, you would of observed that there were few visitors to our Awesome Island. And as such would explain limited activity in our restaurant.
I really do apologize for the many short falls and inconveniences you said you experience.
But we here at Conrado ,do press forward to maintain our mandate ,which is to bring to reality a true Home away from Home vacation experience. We are Beautifully Basic and do Exude a Warm Welcome to all and sundry.
One last point in closing, is that we have had many romantic times here, Marriage proposals, Weddings Ceremonies, Receptions, Honey Moons etc right here at Conrado Beach.
This may hint of some romantic ambiance looming.
Best of Health and Strength to you and all your Dear Love Ones. We do wish you all the best with your upcoming Holy Nuptials precipitating, the best Tobago Wedding.

Kind Regards,
Lawrence Ruiz
Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great location,walk to anything you need. It has a helpful attentive staff. Basic rooms clean but dated. Get the ocean view rooms if you can. Food was good, and reasonable. It is not a resort and the price shows that. Good value for price. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Superior ocean view rooms best. Others may get noise from Macaws/parots in cage across street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Rooms are dated, The Beds are hard but the location you can not beat. Right on the water. The bar has decent food and the staff are helpful. If you're looking for a no frills basic cheap hotel stay here.

Room Tip: Beach front balcony is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JAYling
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Definitely in need of some TLC, the room was small and everything from cupboards to sheets were outdated. Breakfast was all inclusive and it tasted good but some other meals were overpriced. The staff was helpful but the front desk manager/owner was a little over enthusiastic. A good staff, could have been better.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me start off by saying I totally disagree with Katski12 and her so called "review". She didn't even stay there but acts like her 5 minute look at the property is all that one needs to know about it. I guess I can totally disregard her other so called "reviews" based on this ("No character and smelly rooms") example. Too bad one can't register a "very unhelpful vote" on reviews.
We just returned home from Tobago, six days of which were spent at the Conrado and my title sums up our (my wife,17 yr old daughter and I) stay there.
We stayed in Room 27 of which rooms 17-31 (odd numbers) are the 2nd floor beach/seaview rooms with generous front porch/balconys. Our room did not smell ! ... and I looked in on other rooms and did not notice "smells".
Our room was clean, fully functional and comfortable throughout our stay. It was not comparable to a suite from the "Villas of Stonehaven" , (with designer prints and infinity pools.. ) but was never presented or charged as such. It had a comfortable Queen and Twin bed, newer fridge, strong ,quiet AC, Sat TV with all movie channels(If that is impt to you) and good bathroom,shower. Complete room cleaning with fresh towels and beach towels was provided every day if desired. We paid $150 US per day for 3 adults, all taxes/service charges inc. ... this included a Full breakfast (fresh fruit, juices, eggs ,toast, meat,fish, omeletes, pancakes, cofee/teas.... (basically whatever you wanted ) and it was done well. We were also consistently served well, made to feel welcome and constantly asked if we needed anything.
Is the Conrado a bit tired ,... showing some age? Yes.... but so is virtually every other property mentioned/reviewed on this site ..... read the reviews.... and we looked at many other places throughout our stay and saw that.
"No character" ? Depends on what kind of character you are looking for. The Conrado is located right on the beach. "On" the Beach means the surf washes up against the place/rooms during high tide.... NO other place on Tobago other than the Naturalist on Castara Bay (great looking place!) can make that claim. (Im sure I'll get a howl of nays on that one but show me wrong....)
The old saying, Location..Location...Location applies here and I would argue that the Conrado has the best location in Crown Point:

-Only property located on Pigeon Point (beautiful beach/park area.... especially early morning)
-easy walk to restaurants/ bars (Bago's was great!) and (Tobago Paradise and Grill) next door
-the beach/ocean/ boat activity/surfer views from our room patio and dining patio perched over the beach was a highlite along with the sunsets

I know other places had nice views but we liked being "On" the beach, hearing/seeing the surf from our room, we loved getting up early in the morning and stepping onto the beach and walking on beach... continuous... around Pigeon Point for roughly 1.5 miles and coming back to a great breakfast.... thats why we chose this place.

June, Lawrence, and Frida treated us like family, provided for any reasonable request and their staff was attentive and deserve praise as well. I did not know this place or the owners/mgmt until I researched it/stayed there and I could provide more detail about why this place worked for us if anyone wants to PM me. I will also be submitting a general trip review of Tobago and submit reviews of the other place we stayed at and things we did.

Bob

Room Tip: Rooms 17-31 (odd #'s) are the second floor beach/ocean view with generous patios and non stop vi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cat471
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We didn't actually stay here but had a look at a couple of rooms when we were searching for accommodation in crown point. The non sea view room smelt musty and the sea views room wasn't much better. The place had the feel it used to be much better but is now tired and empty. With rooms starting at $100 US there is absolutely no reason to stay here. We ended up in johnston's in store bay, which was lovely for our last few days in Tobago.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I want to thank my friend in Miami for recommending this hotel.I stayed there before and after carnival.The people are real Trinibagoians.they treat you with respect and helpful with what ever.
Its close to everything.You want to feel at home,this is the place to hang out.Forget about all the big hotels with restrictions.I will be recommending this hotel to my friends in New York.

Room Tip: Get what you paid for.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 5 in Speyside
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Conrado Beach Resort? Share your experiences!