“Friendly, clean, perfect location with sea view!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Crown Point Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Crown Point
Malmo, Sweden
“Friendly, clean, perfect location with sea view!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Even though the hotel is close to the airport, our room (with a sea view) was perfectly quiet. On our second day we received a call from hotel management to make sure that we had settled in - impressive. Our small studio had all that we needed for our stay: basic kitchen equipment including a sharp knife for our morning fruit salad, ice cube trays and a fridge that worked just fine. We very much appreciated the complimentary water bottle in the fridge when we arrived late at night. Even though this is not a luxury hotel, our studio had plenty of storage place, and we loved staying here, with the balcony door wide open most of the time. The receptionists were all very friendly, the safe worked fine (note: no access at night, make sure to get your things in the evening if you are leaving early). A special thank you to the cleaning lady who recommended coconut water when my husband was feeling unwell! We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nina h
cpbh, Manager at Crown Point Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your favourable comments regarding our facility. I will thank your housekeeper on your behalf. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
Uppsala
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at this very nice hotel for two weeks in februari and was pleasently suprised!
we arrived Close to midnight, our flight being delayed by Three hours. Despite the fact that the lady in the reception desk had been waiting for us she was very nice and let us change our room from the first floor to the second floor, when we asked if that was possible.
The restaurant has exellent food and the service was great, We understood that they have had som problems in the past, but with a new chef and new management everything has now improved and it is now one of the best restauranst you can find on Tobago.
The location is fantastic, with store bay beach Close by and with in Walking distance to pigion Point.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosa16
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you wonderful comments regarding our staff and hotel. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to your return.

Manager
cambridge, uk
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we have a started a longer stay in Tobago with a few days at CPBH. To be in our comfortable room in less than 45 minutes after arriving from the UK is just so civilised. We just showered, changed and walked to the Store Bay Taxi Drivers Coop bar for our first Carib. Our rooms have always been, clean, comfortable and as cool as needed. It is a wonderful start to a vacation to be greeted with "welcome back".

We have always reserved by email and Vidya certainly makes that process easy. We got back to the UK just 2 weeks ago and next year's stay, with her help, is already booked but next time it is at the end rather than the start of the trip.

Service in the restaurant for breakfast was friendly and plenty fast enough for vacation time. We ate at the bar in the evening and although the food wasn't high speed service (we were in no rush) the barman provided great service despite being on his own with a lot of customers.

This is no glitzy 5 star de luxe resort but it is what we like - excellent value, clean, adequately equipped, well maintained and superbly located

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank janetmac
cpbh, Manager at Crown Point Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review. I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment for a fourth time.
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I like the location for walking to everything in the crown point area, right up to pigeon point. Definitely aged amenities but considering the higher end prices and the cheap hotels in the area, this one is right in the middle at 140 US per night high season. Access to the beach is great, you can walk to the airport if you have roller suitcases.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Bren S
cpbh, Manager at Crown Point Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

The Management thank you for taking the time to share your views and comments. We look forward to your return and being of service to you again.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Crown Point is truly an amazing resort get away. The location is close to the airport, literally right on the white sand, warm water beach, and food shacks right next door. Unfortunatly, the service of the staff is one of the worst I have encountered in all of my travels/stays around the world!

When we arrived at CP, the lady attendent at the front did not welcome us with a hello, good evening, welcome, anything. She just starred. We gave her our information, she told us we need to pay for our duration ahead of time and then handed us our keys. When we asked for direction, she just pointed and said "that way." The next morning, we had seen people using different colored towels on the beach, so we thought we would ask for them. She rolled her eyes, handed us a book to sign out the towel and slammed it on the counter like as if it was so painful for her to do her job. When we went to check out, same sort of attidtude and service, only when we asked for the book to sign our towels back in (so we were not fined) she said "I dont have it." I had even overheard another guest at the desk speaking with this same attendent saying "Im sorry I even asked you a question."

The service in the kitchen, is pretty much drink service only. Defininatly not dining-type experience.

Also note - If you want coffee - go to the vendor shacks at the end of the resort. The kitchen charges $12, but the shacks have the same coffee for $5...and the food is better too...

Other than that, the cabanas were clean (i would highl recommend staying in a cabana over a suite for comfort, privacy and location!) and the grounds are amazing. Almond trees nicely groomed, benches everywhere, great swimming pool over looking the ocean, and the best beach access you could ever ask for.

Honestly, Crown Point has the potential to be a 4-4.5 Star resort, like those in Mexico, Aruba, Domican, Cuba, etc. It is SO UNFORTUNATE the staff - especially this one attendant in particular could ruin the face of this resort.

I hope managment does something about this!

Room Tip: Choose a Cabana!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Alia J
Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your compliments regarding our location and amenities and regret that you encountered poor customer service at the Front Desk. Please contact the Manager to discuss further.

Our restaurant re-opened under new management during the month of December and experienced some challenges and we apologize for this.

We do hope that you will return, and provide us with another opportunity to be of service to you.

Travelers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Berkeley, California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The biggest pro is its location - a five minute's walk away from the airport and the Shore Bay is right there!! That being said, here are my qualms...

- If you are looking for a place that operates by the motto of "Service With A Smile", look elsewhere - With the exception of a couple attendants (one of the daytime receptionists, for instance,) the staff seemed to have left their happiness at home. They did not look like they wanted to be there (and I was not necessarily asking for 24/7 smiles but at least look like my requests are not that burdensome!) The restaurant's very slow service. for instance, should be enough for me to expect to see at least a smile and some sort of reassurance that we would receive our meal momentarily. I don't know...maybe I was expecting too much.

- The room's amenities...oh...the room's amenities!!! - Saying the room's amenities were somewhat lacking is an understatement. For instance, our refrigerator barely cooled anything, the bathroom is very tiny, the bed mattress was very stiff, and there were no complimentary shampoos, conditioners and/or moisturizers. We were entrusted with actual keys to our doors (not keycards) and a remote control for which we needed to sign in and sign out of a book at the front desk. I expected that my vacation would entail a certain degree of "magic" - that I would find it so hard to leave my room for anything, but I guess the state of the room made being outside the more favorable option...always.

- Outdoor disturbances - Depending on where you are located, there is a possibility that you hear everything that goes on outside, whether it is the music downstairs, the other guests loitering around their respective balconies, or just the staff rolling machinery and carts down the hallway. If you are looking for peace and quiet, and just the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore, you might want to emphasize this to the staff or reconsider booking this hotel

- Safety - We received, as a part of our welcome package, a notice that the hotel was not liable for stolen items. Well, wouldn't it be great to have an individual safety deposit box located in each room so we can store our belongings ourselves in glorious privacy? Apparently not. There is a locker system behind the reception where all our valuables were stored, which closed 10pm every day. This means that every time I leave my room, I have to traverse to the front desk to request a locker for my things. However, these lockers are not big enough for larger-sized technological gadgets and valuables. It would have been nice to know this prior to bringing my laptop.

- Elevators, anyone? - So, I understand that it is only two floors, but I would think that the transportation of heavy items (suitcases) would necessitate a lift of some sort. The melodious sounds of the bell boy's suitcase cart cascading over the staircase ever so often is so worth more than not installing a form of convenience for the guy. Even those poor elderly men and women with walking disabilities...they may want to have a second-floor room without having to hobble up those stairs to get there.

Now, I am not trying to be deliberately malicious in this review. However, when I can have better experiences at cheaper hotels in less-developed tourist areas worldwide, I expected a lot more from this place.

Room Tip: Ask for the pros and cons of each type of room prior to booking.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank gemdroper
Dear Guest,

We have noted your comments regarding your visit and our facilities and apologise that we did not meet your expectations.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We just returned from a week at Crown Point. Our family reunion occupied 5 rooms of different styles and sizes. The resort's location is excellent and the staff is wonderful. The housekeeping staff deserves particular praise. All members of our family were very pleased with their friendliness, helpfulness, and the cleanliness of the units. We also found the security staff to be very helpful, day or night. I felt that my family and our belongings were quite safe. I didn't eat much at the hotel but I can report that the breakfast menu was reasonably priced and that the bartender was helpful with tourism suggestions. On a different note, it was so nice to use their guest laundry: full-size machines, no coins required. It's also very convenient that there is a mini-mart a few yards away from the resort. If you're in Tobago and looking for an easy place to stay, I recommend Crown Point!

Room Tip: The apartments were spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Aji00
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our facility, and I will share your praises to our staff.

We look forward to you and your family returning in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crown Point
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Crown Point Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!