“A wonderful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Crown Point Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Crown Point
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have read the varying reviews about this hotel and all I can say is that we had a wonderful stay there.
We stayed for three weeks and enjoyed it so much. The staff were really professional, friendly and helpful in all areas of the Hotel. Special mention to Gillian who cleaned our room daily, and Diane at the bar who was full of fun and made amazing cocktails!
The location is fabulous. Set in beautiful well cared for gardens with a wonderful seaview. Sunsets from the balcony were awesome.Our room looked as if it had been recently refurbished, beds were comfortable and kitchen area was spotless as was the bathroom This is our 8th visit to Tobago and first at this Hotel. We will definately return there. Only blip seems to be the restaurant. One female member of staff just gave the impression that she did not want to be there and kept running back to her seat at the desk. Prices seemed high 270.00TT dollars for a steak that was cold, piled on a small plate with a mess of vegetables was a disappointment. We just ate elsewhere. We will definately return in the future. Just one wee request please maybe new more comfortable sunbeds in all areas please

Room Tip: Studio on upper floor was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Auntieann161

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is situated in the most amazing location - right next to Shore Bay, and walking distance from Pigeon point. But that is about where the compliments END. If you ever want to take a trip down a twilight zone and imagine what it was like in colonial Trinidad or even South Africa in the 50s - this is the place for you. Its weird to describe. All the management / owners are white Tobagonians and the staff (all black) are not at ease around them. It is flooded by this type of local colonial ruling class (as guests), and they actually segregate to one area of the hotel. Its bizarre. All the coloured guests stay at a different end of the pool area.. You can tell there is tension between the staff and the management - which as a guest I should not see. Even if I have the wrong impression, the service was horrible. Food was overpriced, and the condition of the Cabanas are in dying need of repair.

As someone from Manchester UK, I found this experience very weird but culturally fascinating that the same time. In the end though I would not stay there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is wonderful because of its proximity to the airport and Store Bay, one of the most popular beaches in Tobago. If you are looking for friendly, courteous hotel staff, however, this is not your ideal restaurant. They are unpleasant and find it hard to answer if you ask a question. We stayed in a room opposite the staff lounge and were constantly awakened by the unnecessarily loud slamming of doors at early hours in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Happy C
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Having been to Crown Point several times and other hotels in Tobago I take the attitude from the staff with some salt even though I'm a Brit. I choose to stay here because the pool is great for the kids (although the new deep end has a steep drop with some sharp edges) and the short walk to Store Bay is great for the beach and the local food. The bar serves great lunch snacks and cocktails and we know some to restaurants in walking distance for the evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jabdool
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This place has the most terrible service. It is as if it is a burden for the front desk to speak with you (a paying guest). When we called to book the reservation, we stated that I had a disability and that walking any distance would be a problem. The ladies at the front desk took one look at me when I got there, and put my husband and I in cabana 417, pretty much the furthest away from the front desk, For someone that had just had back surgery, this was very...grrr. The amenities was nice, but the bedding was thin, the mattresses seemed old and well worn. I tried not to call the front desk very often due to the rude mannerisms of the staff. The good thing about this its proximity to the beach and the airport. Too bad the hotel front desk staff seemed to treat guests as a bother. I worked for hotels through college and this type of service would not have been tolerated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaDiabless
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The airport is right next to the hotel so you can just walk over if you are traveling light. It is by the beach so most of the rooms have a nice view of the ocean. The room has a full kitchen. their lawn is large with many open space to walk around. The public beach near by is small but is quite nice with beach facilities. Basically a simple and quiet place to relax.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank K C
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I thought I had booked a hotel with "some" standard. Being on par with Canadian rates aprox. $100 CAN/night the least that I expected was respect. First night the restaurant was closed at 10. The next day we came walking back from the beach, with just my slipper being wet, only to be yelled at by the security guard, saying I should not walk in wet. Had I been causing a puddle, I could understand, however this was not the case. Receptionist just laughed ( FYI this was a security officer, not even the manager). That same night we saw cockroaches in the room! The next morning at 9am Sunday, they said "no breakfast" available, as we proceed to inform the receptionist that the night before we were told we can have a later check out, she vehemently said No and we would have to pay. The previous receptionist was not there as yet. So we checked out. I've been to many other hotels around the world and this one tops it for being rude, unpleasant and for $100 CAD I could have stayed somewhere else less reputable. Sorry to say maybe the staff was having a bad day and I was on the receiving end of it

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get placed next to the staff "hang out room" they make it a point...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Veda R
cpbh, Manager at Crown Point Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

We apologise for the poor customer service received, and have addressed the matters accordingly. Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crown Point
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts

Been to Crown Point Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!