Crown Point Beach Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Crown Point
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
View Hotel
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsstore baypoolside barexcellent locationhotel grounds arecrown point beachstaying at this hotelpigeon pointpublic beachfive minute walkbeach towelssea viewmini martnylon poolkitchenettecpbhairporttobago
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I spent a couple of nights at Crown Point hotel in Tobago and found the experience had its ups and downs. The staff was unfriendly and sometimes rude. We have travelled all over the world and they have the worst customer service so far. They spoke to you in a rough tone and without the use of a please, thank you or excuse me. It seemed that the guests were bothersome to them and sometimes, more than once my husband and I wondered if they had any hospitality/customer service training at all. For a three star hotel the price is a little high, the room was clean and neat and the decor simple, we are not sure what validated the higher price. The grounds were well kept, there were security personnel around the property and the location was excellent. Store Bay is one of the best beaches on the island and the hotel is right on the beach. Since our stay at Crown Point we tried to book the hotel another time but found it difficult as the staff on the phone were rude and unhelpful, which we reported to management to no avail. We ended up at Sandy Point Village, near the airport instead and had a much better time. So we would not stay at Crown Point again since we have discovered an even cheaper and better hotel but if you don't mind rude and unhelpful employees and love the location then Crown Point is for you.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelcouple2008
Reviewed March 8, 2011

i was warmly greeted except when i needed xtra beach towels. i was Sent to a room to get beach towels (i didn't mind) but there was no personel. I brought towels so i didn't mind this. i had absolutely no complaints about the staff, they were really friendly and helpful especially the waitress at dinner. i got very good advice wich aided me in my meal selection. the breakfast and lunch was Superb. i coudn't ask for more, it was so much i took my dessert to the cabana
the room was really clean and being as fussy as i am about a clean bathroom i had absolutely no complaint
the grounds are well kept and the benches over looking the sea was clean except for the bird's mess which i didn't mind, it reminded me of the calm and soothing environment. i watched the sunset wit the music of crashing waves and a 'personal' rendition of .... from the birds. it was truly a treasured moment.
i will recommend this hotel for anyone. the location,the staff and the birds made it a place you can go even if u want to go alone

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharl4
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My wife and me visited Tobago from 13/12 till 27/12 - 2010.

We have been at Tobago once - in 2005 and this was the second time, but the first time at Crown Point Beach Hotel. We had a fantastic Christmas celebration and a holiday we never forget.

The stay at Crown Point Beach Hotel was in all aspects a very pleasant experience. The atmosphere and how comfortable you are feeling is very much depending on the the people around, not only the premises. From the first day we felt the very friendly and service minded atmosphere created by your skilled staff !

The food was very good and the service in both the restaurant and in the bar was excellent thanks to the friendly and service minded people working behind the desk.

The room service was very good, the girls making the room was very conscientious with the cleaning and did a good job. We even got a delicious Christmas cake from Blessey who felt we should also bring one home to Norway as a memory from the time at the hotel. A very friendly gesture.

If there was something we where wondering about, - just ask in the reception - they would always try to help.

We will tell our friends and anybody who ask about the positive experience we had and certainly - we have become "members of the Crown Point Beach Hotel fan club"

Bjørg & Kjell

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjell45_11
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I choose Crown Point beach, because it is like a big family to me. the entire staff greet you very warmly. many know me,and i too my name. friends I meet there every year
It has improved over theyears for the better.
Arthur Moody
New York,city

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed at The Crown Point Beach Hotel for 5days in July. The hotel lobby is impressive, very clean and well designed. Our room was clean and well appointed with the usual Caribbean decor. Nice beds, comfortable linens, a very useful kitchenette area, and a small but clean bathroom. The AC worked well.. There were minimal signs of age in the room - some rust around the edges of the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, slightly aged looking furnishings. These were not at all unbearable as the room was kept so very clean by the maid on duty (I never got her name but I'd like to thank her for doing a great job with a pleasing attitude). We had a lovely little patio that overlooked the whole of Storebay - truly an amazing view. We had breakfast there every morning - though we couldn't at night because of the mosquitoes and sand flies outdoors.
I enjoyed the short walk through the landscaped grounds to the beach every day. There are showers along the way to wash sand off your body. They were a bit dingy but functional for quick washing off.
Now the bad. The staff were so unfriendly it was practically stupid. When people behave their rudest for absolutely no reason, one is left to wonder at their intelligence quotient.The girl/s I met at the front desk gave a cold stare everytime I had occasion to speak to them, and their body language conveyed irritation. They answered short whenever they deigned to use words at all. Most times they just shrugged or pointed or used some such gesture in response.Once we had a minor maintenance problem in our room. The woman who came to our assistance walked in and the first thing out her mouth was "Close the fridge, the door is open." Well, yes, the door was open because someone had been taking food out of it when she knocked, took two steps to open the door, and was going to continue taking food out of it after she entered . I couldn't believe her attitude!
On another occasion, after staying at the hotel for three days already and passing the lobby at least twice a day each day, a security person (I presume), stopped a member of my family to ask her roughly whether she was a guest of the hotel. He obviously doesn't understand that people of dark complexions can easily afford to stay at his hotel. It may kill him to know that we are more accustomed to all inclusive treatment at finer hotels all over the caribbean! I pity his limited life experience!
Finally, one morning my young niece showered in the hotel room and was then accompanied to the pool by an adult. Again, rank stupidity was in evidence, as some staff member just assumed that she was sandy from the beach, despite it being visually obvious that she was totally clean and dry, so he shouted at her that she needed to shower before using the pool. So asinine it wasn't funny. I personally witnessed staff members shouting at children in the pool, shouting to attract a guest's attention - they just cannot communicate with people at all. I'm sad to say that I found instances of what I call the "Tobago attitude" even outside the hotel. As a Trini I just summed it up as "hoggishness" , and interacted as little as possible with the natives.
Despite the staff, I mut say I had a wonderful time in Tobago. The hotel really is in a prime location. Would I recommend it to others? Yes, but with the caveat that they will encounter unfriendliness and even outright rudeness from the hotel staff. It is up to the traveller to decide how much that would be a factor in their choice of hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family