Booked with Caribtours for a good price travelling in December 2008 - No problems. I'm quite a cautious person, checking reviews and doing research before I go anywhere. The glowing reviews for Kariwak make you wonder if someone is being paid to write them! Well, Im not being paid and it was wonderful. All A grades to staff, food, rooms, atmosphere, genuine concern for guests. I am SO glad I did not succumb to the glossy adverts for the bigger hotels. The gardens are lovely and well kept. The menu is written on the bar every day so you can choose to eat there, or go out if you dont like the dishes of the day. If I absolutely have to find fault...I suppose it's those very firm beds. Didn't bother me much but husband did finally pull out the double sofa bed and we slept there for the last few nights to keep him happy. By the way, we organised our renewal of vows when we were there and booked Captain Power's boat, (yes, that IS his name), going out to Nylon pool from pidgeon point, saying our vows - just husband, me and the captain - then going snorkelling! We chugged back into the bay at sunset. Incredible. Cynthia, the hotel owner should be able to find Captain Power for you, he is apparently licenced to actually Marry you too. I had some bad blisters after hiking (through a river in a rainforest!) and Cynthia gave me a spray to keep for a few days until the blisters were healed. I really can't see that happening at a Hilton...I have never relaxed so much in a hotel and we are both determined to return to a great hotel in a useful location. It is 10 minutes walk to a small beach or about 20 minutes to Pidgeon point, although the hotel provide a free mini bus there every day. Finally, the hotels own car hire is convenient and competitivly priced. Talk to Frank. We used the car all over the island and it was kept in a very good condition. Fuel here is cheap versus UK prices. I will try to add photos of our trip at some point. I must warn you though, if you stay here, you are spoilt for life. We miss Suzettes lovely morning greetings every day. I just wish Kariwak would open a branch in Canada in time for our trip there...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kariwak is an intimate 24 room Tobago hotel with unmistakable Caribbean ambiance. It features wholesome cuisine using its own home-grown herbs in the restaurant, and holistic holiday activities - yoga, massage, Tai Chi. There is an award-winning tropical garden with abundant plants and bird life in addition to the garden jacuzzi, pool, weekend live entertainment. Kariwak enjoys a high percentage of repeat clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven Hotel Crown Point
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven And Hotel Tobago/Crown Point