We stayed at Kariwak after many years. We were excited to be there in Tobago again and other than the location - near Store Bay, we were disappointed with Kariwak.
Where to begin? The front desk people/reception are unprofessional and grumpy - not impressed with their attitudes. A family on holiday expects people to be welcoming and happy. They were not and always busy on the phone when they have in-person guests in front on them. So that was a turn-off.
The rooms are dated and need a serious updating. Lighting is dim - and there is no tv (trying to be an oasis, but yet they have a tv room). Internet is slow and spotty, which is annoying.
We did the breakfast and must say it was delicious - food on the whole was quite good. Natalie the only waitress there always had a superb attitude (others could learn from her).
Would we stay there again - so siree bob - unless they get serious about customer service and renovate those tired rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kariwak is an intimate 24 room Tobago hotel with unmistakable Caribbean ambiance. It features wholesome cuisine using its own home-grown herbs in the restaurant, and holistic holiday activities - yoga, massage, Tai Chi. There is an award-winning tropical garden with abundant plants and bird life in addition to the garden jacuzzi, pool, weekend live entertainment. Kariwak enjoys a high percentage of repeat clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven Hotel Crown Point
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven And Hotel Tobago/Crown Point