Had a wonderfully peaceful, relaxing week at the Kariwak in February 2013 before going to Port of Spain for Carnival. For us, not having a TV in the room is a plus point and ice and water are available 24/7 in reception, so a fridge is not essential.
We've have eaten at the restaurant on previous Tobago holidays but this was our first stay at the hotel. It was good to find that despite being close to the airport there is virtually no noise disturbance, even when outside enjoying the beautiful, immaculate gardens, pool, hammocks and jacuzzi.
The food is outstanding; every single mouthful of every meal was delicious! Breakfast consisted of fresh juice, fresh fruit platter, homemade granola, homemade yoghurt, Kariwak honey and jam, freshly made breads and bakes, eggs any way you like, buljol, fried fish and a selection of hot drinks including their own delicious tea blend,
Even if you are a resident, you do need to book a table for dinner each day as the restaurant is very popular. Enjoyed the live band and dancing on Friday. The lunch menu of sandwiches, salads and snacks is available all afternoon - until 7 pm which is ideal if you don't want to be clock-watching when out. The new cookbook is a real bonus and we've enjoyed the recipes we've tried.
Our pool side room was spacious, spotlessly clean, well furnished, had a comfortable bed and was thoughtfully equipped with an iron and ironing board. Sound insulation between the rooms is not brilliant, but only on the first night did we have noisy neighbours. Putting the air-con on helps muffle voices but didn't drown out the relentless, late night bathroom door slamming.
There's a small supermarket within a 50 metre walk, plus other shops, restaurants, bars and banks nearby. Sheppy Car Hire is virtually opposite and we've found them good in the past.
As well as the courtesy bus to the beach each day, the Kariwak helpfully offers an airport drop off service on departure.
Can't wait to go back for another stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kariwak is an intimate 24 room Tobago hotel with unmistakable Caribbean ambiance. It features wholesome cuisine using its own home-grown herbs in the restaurant, and holistic holiday activities - yoga, massage, Tai Chi. There is an award-winning tropical garden with abundant plants and bird life in addition to the garden jacuzzi, pool, weekend live entertainment. Kariwak enjoys a high percentage of repeat clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven Hotel Crown Point
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven And Hotel Tobago/Crown Point