“Wonderful stay!”

Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed for one week, and it lived up to its expectations!
Great location in tropical garden, extraordinary good food and breakfast!
Beds great and big big extra plus for good reading lamps!!! This is often lacking in hotels and is then taking down the overall experience. Also good lights outside the terrace at nights - great!!! Loved to sit there and read.
Yoga classes - big advantage!!!
Free bus to Pigeon point - perfect!
And thank you for not having a tv in the room - very good!
Only drawback - the AC made terrible noises sometimes, but we got it fixed. Earplugs was a must for me - but I am a light sleeper so that's the case almost everywhere.
I'd love to go back!

Room Tip: By the pool a bit behind was perfect for us. If you want more secluded, choose the garden, it is ver...
1  Thank MarieB100

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Barking dogs bleating goats kept us awake, then awakened us during the time we should have been able to sleep... 2 AM & 6 AM most of the 7 days we stayed. This was not our first stay, but may have been our last.
With ear plugs it would have been a help.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I just returned from a mini vacation in Tobago and my husband and I decided to stay at Kariwak again. I must commend the fact that the hotel maintains its excellent standards in its cuisine. The buffet nights were great- the sumptious salads, the great food and ambience. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. The grounds are so beautiful that I could not stop taking pictures. The rooms were always clean and all the facilities within work perfectly. You can't beat here for a great breakfast either. Homemade yogurt, jam, breads are to die for. The food is always perfectly seasoned with fresh herbs and spices. Keep up the great job.I will continue to stay here and recommend it to my friends if they want a good relaxing time in Tobago. Also, I can't forget the massage- my husband got one and he was impressed.

Room Tip: Choose garden villas if you don't care for the nightly entertainment on the weekends. Also, reme...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saads12
Reviewed November 21, 2011

A friend and I stayed at Kariwak for four days. The general environment is warm, welcoming and asthetically pleasing (lots of green, pool, plunge pool, hammocks and birds). The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The food is absolutely fantastic (herb and veggie garden out in the back). My friend and I got stuck in a thunderstorm after checking out and the staff allowed us to use one of the rooms (which they then had to reclean) to have a hot shower and get cleaned up. To top it off, the owner, followed up with a rum punch on the house to make up for our morning. Highly recommend this place and I'll definintely be going back!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed nice. We had one by the pool, which was perfect.
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This place is pitch perfect. The rooms are comfortable and spotless, the staff are so friendly and attentive and personable in just the right way, the food is amazing, every meal surpasses the previous one when you did not think it was possible, the gardens are lovely, the yoga space is a beautiful place to practice, we had a wonderful holiday here, diving with Extra divers around the island and returning to a home better than home each day. I can't recommend Kariwak village enough, never stayed anywhere better.

Room Tip: we stayed in a room close to the pool, there are also garden rooms. not sure if there is any differe...
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My wife, her sister and her daughter and my 4 kids stayed here near the end of August 2011. I was a little lost as to where reception was but was greeted with a helpful smile and directed to the Front Desk. Once checked in we were shown out rooms by a very friendly young lady. My wife had booked 3 rooms and while we were shown the 3rd, the Young lady asked why we needed a 3rd since they could give us a small mattress so that my sister in law and all the kids could stay in one room and save the money for the 3rd room. We agreed and took the 2 adjoining rooms close to the pool. It was around 8pm and the kids and I took a splash in the pool which is open all night. When we came out I felt as if I had just awoken. My eyes weren't burning as they do after a pool bath usually. Afterwards I learnt that the pool is ozonated and has no chlorine. I recommend bathing in this pool at least once during your stay. the next day we all had a wonderful breakfast at the restaurant. It is open air, with birds fluttering about and the service is excellent. A lot of what is used to for cooking is actually grown in the hotel garden. They even make their own granola. The kids loved it.
The Jacuzzi in the back became our "hot spot", during the daytime. the kids took it over and it is non chlorinated as well. The hotel emphasis is on healing and rejuvenation so that even the tap water is ozonated and drinkable. My wife had a full massage done and she returned to me a new woman. Dinner was exceptional though there is not much variety. The kitchen cooks a particular combination each night and this is what is offered, so the waitresses can tell you the entire menu on any particular night. They were extremely polite.
In the end, with the kids eating in and my wife's massage (which is an additional cost) I thought the bill would have been a lot higher than it actually was. It is quite affordable actually. But what really added value to our stay was the way we were treated. My wife and I even got some impromptu marriage advice. It is unusual to be at a hotel and feel so at home. I am reluctant to stay anywhere else in Tobago, because coming from someone who has stayed in hotels as well appointed as the Hyatt Regency, or even a Best Western, none has compared to the experience in Kariwak, and as a Trinidadian this makes me extremeley proud.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool are two per cabana. Sound leaks between them. Not much, but it is clear en...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank colinlmorris
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The food is great as they have fresh home grown herbs and vegetables. The venue is romantic without a TV in the rooms! They have extremely attractive gardens and Jacuzzi and attractive flowers and birds. It is an extremely romantic setting and the rooms are very clean and well maintained

Room Tip: I have always been given a nice room with a view of the pool and the attractive flora.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel? Share your experiences!