“Relaxing Environment” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bananaquit Apartments
Princes Town, Trinidad
“Relaxing Environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Bananaquit apartments were in a pretty great location in Tobago and overall we enjoyed our stay there. My 3 friends and I booked the loft apartment that could hold up to 6 persons. I liked the layout of the apartment and it was great that we had a fully stocked kitchen. I was a little disappointed about the cleanliness of the apartment. There were dust bunnies around my bed and in the porch area, lots of animal droppings.

The plumbing was not so much a problem as an inconvenience, but there was no hot water. When we turned on the bathroom sink, the shower came on and somehow when we turned on the stove, the kitchen sink started running. The stay was, overall, enjoyable. I was appreciative that someone waited for us to arrive to check us in however disappointed that no one was available to check us out even though we made it clear we were leaving early. I think its okay though because it was unavoidable, but a phone call would have been nice. All in all, a nice environment and moderate value for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AliciaAdorada
Rachel B, Owner at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. Although your stay was only a fleeting visit, we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Unfortunately i was not here during your stay but have since spoken to the staff on duty and tried to investigate the reason for the plumbing problems. I know your stay was short and you probably did not have the time to notify us, but unfortunately I am unable to offer any explanation as but we did not experience the problems with freaky water supply and there was hot water available...., granted you had to wait about 30 seconds for it to reach the faucets.
I understand you were promptly contacted by my Manager offering a very legitimate explanation for her absence during your check out, and although very unfortunate it could not be helped, but we do usually make arrangements wherever possible to accommodate guests outside of office hours once we are notified. All in all, I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and hope you are able to spend more time in Tobago on future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Black Rock, Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My Husband and I have just spent our honeymoon at Bananaquit and we had a wonderful time. The staff arranged a lovely bouquet of flowers and fruit from the garden for our arrival. The Apartment was quite cozy and comfortable and we enjoyed sitting out on the porch watching the birds enjoying the mangoes.Good location we didn't need to rent a car, beaches and restaurants with in easy walking distance. We'll definitely stay at The Bananaquit when ever visiting Tobago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jade N
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

As a Trinidadinan, now living in the UK, we have been visiting Trinidad and Tobago for the past 30 years. We first stayed in Bananaquit in 1998 for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary and virtually took over the hotel next door as well. Now we always stay here as it is so convenient for a short stay. Within walking distance from the airport and Store Bay with local shops and restaurants nearby.
The service is very good and friendly and the rooms comfortable, homely and equipped for basic needs and cooking. There are porches with a shady mango tree outside to sit out . Good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joanna L
Rachel B, Manager at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your Lovely Review. We take pride in helping create a memorbale holiday in Tobago. You are Always welcome to stay with us.

Kind Regards
The Management
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The Apartment is located walking distance to the airport, food outlets, beach,and bars. It was an ideal location for the Easter get away my girl friends and I planned. Loved the cabana rooms, but hated the old time TVs. The TV in my room never worked, we placed it in the storage space because It was placed on the vanity table. Really? They were having electrical problems in my room and brought a lamp to facilitate the night it stopped working. However; we killed three roaches while there, which creeped everyone out. The pool is one shared with another apartment complex and the gate between apartments closes at 6pm. Not forgetting to mention the pool is next door...therefore if after 6 meets you in the pool; one staying at the Banana Quit must exit from the the other apartment (not gate between apartments) which means walking around the block in your swimwear entering from the front of the building. I will not stay there again. Being a native to beautiful Trinidad and Tobago I would love to put positive reviews but certain standards must be met. I hope my honest views can evoke change to better quality and comfort to both locals and tourists visiting our country.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank AshaCudjoe
Sigh! We are never happy when one of any of our guests do not enjoy their stay. The staff at Bananaquit really do work hard to make sure that everyones needs are met, and that we can make your stay a comfortable and enjoyable one. However sometimes unforseen technicalities cant be helped no matter how much we prepare for the unexpected, but we do our best to find solutions.
I do feel i should set the record straight on a few Points. We do inform our guests that we share our pool with the neighboring hotel and that the adjoining gates Closes at 6pm. The gate closing hours are also sign posted with this information. Only in the last month have we been able to negotiate a later closing hour of 8 pm between the 2 hotels. So use of the pool is available now from 8 am to 8 pm.
As its obvious now that the TV is important to many peoples holidays, the smaller TVs are gradually being replaced by larger flatscreens. If your TV is for some reason not working, please do tell us, as it is most likely if not Always a simple Connection problem, and we do have back ups. I cannot emphasise strongly enough how important it is to notify us of problems in your rooms during your stay. Thats what we are here for. PLease let us do our jobs. Its too late for us to help you by reading it in a Review after you have left.
I sincerely hope despite the mishaps, that you enjoyed all Tobago has to offer.
Regards
The Management
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just returned from a very restful 2 weeks at the Bananaquit. Clean basic apartment with adequate kitchen equipment. Cooked 3 meals there and breakfast/ lunch each day. Handy for Airport, 5 minutes walk. Also mini mart across the road. 7 restaurants within walking distance. Lovely mango tree outside apartment with many colourful birds around. Good value as reasonably priced. Store bay a lovely beach, 5 minutes walk. Pigeon Point beautiful beach 35 minutes walk. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Superior rooms larger, spacious
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shelagh738
Arima, Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

decided to book a last minute trip to Tobago for the Easter vacation not thinking bout the huge crowd it usually has. Was able to get the last room available for the weekend but my flight only allowed me one night stay out of my 3 booked nights.
Didn't waist any time in getting to the pool or beach. Had a wonderful time didn't need a car with this hot spot; we walked every where. the reception was helpful and did there best to make our short vist worth the money. The room was nice and cosey, spacious bath, comfy bed.
will be back once i book flights way in advance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vanescia D
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very friendly staff....My family & I stayed here for the second time, this time we stayed in the loft apartment, it is quite comfortable. Convenient location..less than 2 mins drive to the airport & the popular beach in storebay. Beautiful surroundings. The price is worth it. I will surely be staying at Bananaquit whenever I am going back to tobago.....

Room Tip: I stayed in both the Studio Apartment & Loft apartment & both were great....I will advise th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel

Been to Bananaquit Apartments? Share your experiences!