“The food will surprise you”
Review of Bonkers Restaurant - CLOSED

Bonkers Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“The food will surprise you”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

So you go to a little small restaurant in Tobago and get food that would compare to a good restaurant in Miami. The fish was moist and well seasoned - the Tobago local soup makes my mouth water thinking about it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Randall H

Hannover, Germany
“warm and harmonic place because of Kelly+cook”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

wonderful tasting food and meals, fresh and first service til late times. Favorite place for tasty eating! Kelly! Ill be back til Hasta La Vista Baby!! ARNOLD

Visited November 2012
Wendover, United Kingdom
“Best service in Tobago, great food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have lived in Trinidad and my wife is Trinidadian, and its fair to say that service isn't generally the number 1 priority on the beautiful twin islands of Trinidad and Tobago, however I'm delighted to say that Bonkers at the Toucan Inn surprised us immensly with excellent service (best either of us have had in Tobago) when we joined for dinner in late May 2013.

When we entered the restaurant (about 70% full) the gentleman gave us a choice of where to sit and promptly pulled out a chair for my wife. He explained the menu items, brought us some bread (with "deliciously moreish" homemade butter) and some great cocktails. The menu list isn't exhaustive (about 4 starters and 4 mains) but the choices are sufficient. We both had crab cakes to start (good, nothing amazing), I had the Voodoo Shrimp which was tasty with fresh shrimp and my wife had the rum glazed pork which was also good. The bill came to TT$500 (about US$80, GBP50) for two cocktails, two starters, two mains and bread.

All in all the food was good or great including value for money, the service was outstanding, and I'd throughly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Crown Point area. You can walk to the restaurant from any of the hotels in the Crown Point area.

• Visited May 2013
Trinidad
“Poor Service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at bonkers about 2 years ago and their service was good. The breakfast was also pretty tasty. However this review is on the count of what took place this weekend when my bf an I decided to go there for breakfast.

On Monday 27th of May 2013 we drove to bonkers to have breakfast . It was quite rainy so my bf came out the car to ask the lady at the front desk if they provide breakfast for non-residents. She told him he cant come in now but they start breakfast at 10:30. We decided to head back to our place, and wait to go have breakfast at bonkers ,this was around 9:45am .

On arrival there at 10:30 another lady came to us at the restaurant area an said "sorry our breakfast has ended, we serve breakfast from 7:30-10:30am...

Clearly we were lied to and to top it off when we got there at 10:30 the same woman who spoke to my bf was coming towards us and when she saw us she turned back around. And sent someone else to deal with us. Now I hate to pass racial judgement on individuals, however I highly believe this was a clear case of it. i am not going to state what ethnic group either party is, but i do hope management sees this comment. I found this issue to be poor and utterly disgusting.

After reading another user reviews, it puts a lot into perspective as they clearly don't like non-residents coming in to dine. If that is the case simply state u don't allow this, how could you lie???? I have been to many islands in the past an not once have I gotten such disgusting behavior from what should be the twin island of Trinidad.

Highly disappointed in YOU bonkers and to the lady who works there.

bosworth UK
“good food, pleasant service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

pleasant welcoming service ; good authentic caribbean food in nice surroundings . Best rum-punch in town . casual and relaxed

Visited May 2013