Stayed for a week in June/July 2009. It tells you a great deal about the hotel that the receptionist asked: "Didn't you stay here last year?" In fact, we had stayed in 2007 for a week. We didn't write a review then for purely selfish reasons. It's a small hotel in such a fantastic setting between the historic and beautiful Navarino Bay and a Venetian/Ottoman castle that we feared it would become overcrowded and expensive if the world discovered it. But honesty is the best policy: The setting is fantastic. You feed the fishes your crusts from the outside breakfast table. You're a short drive from some of the most beautiful and unspolit beaches in Greece at Divari and Voidokilia. Pylos itself is a traditional Greek town where children still play in the town square each evening. The Karalis Beach IS European. The rooms are small, the bathrooms probably do seem qauint to North Americans and Antipodeans. But everything is cleaned every day, the staff are charming and helpful and you fall asleep to the sound of waves lapping the shore beneath your room. Just make sure your room is one on the sea, not land, side. Some guidebooks perpetuate the canard that you will be kept awake until 4am nightly by Athenians dancing the sirtaki. Chance would be a fine thing. Maybe in August, but not when we've been there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karalis Beach is built in the most beautiful point of Pylos, literally by the sea, below the castle and in the forest. It offers to visitors a unique sense, where tranquility and romance dominate. From its balconies you can enjoy magnificent views of the bay of Navarino sitting nearly on the waves. With 14 rooms, recently renovated, a roof cafe bar and a lovely relaxation area, the Karalis Beach Hotel provides the ideal environment for relaxation and escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Karalis Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karalis Beach Hotel Pylos
- Karalis Beach Peloponnese