“Excellent Sunday Roast”
Review of The Hand Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 5 Chirk B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whilst on a short trip called in at the hotel for a meal. The hotel and restaurant are a bit old fashioned but the staff were very friendly and the meal was excellent. The menu was a set menu with a choice of 3 courses, we just had the main course which was a choice of roasts. This was £9.95 which was very good value for money. 2 courses were £11.95 and 3 courses came to £14.95. Although we didn't have the starter or desert they looked really nice.
The hotel has both parking at the front and at the rear and is well worth a vist.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pfcmick

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I called into the new restaurant tonight and we are very glad we did, the food was fantastic, highly recommended, we both had the Rib eye steak me with pepper sauce,my wife had the Dianne sauce both were to quality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Friday B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We regularly stay at The Hand when visiting family in the local area. We absolutely love it, food is amazing and great value. The hotel is comfortable and is very friendly, breakfast is A* could not fault it, all the staff are helpful and couldn't do enough for us.
We are due to stay there again in a few weeks time - very much looking forward it.
The location is perfect for all tourist links. The village itself is delightful and has everything you could want for a short stay in a rural location.
Can not understand why people write bad reviews, for quality, value for money, location and customer service this is the place to stay in Chirk!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hobcote
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have seen a couple of not so nice reviews about The Hand Hotel and it just doesn't seem fair, I really don't know what they are talking about. We ate Sunday lunch there yesterday, which was not only the best meal out we have had in a long time, it was a fantastic price. The staff were all friendly and attentive, we didn't have to wait a long time between courses - what more does anyone want? All I can say is ignore any unpleasant reviews and try it for yourself...you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Car0line_1984
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in December and the rating is based on the fact of us being locked out of hotel on our return from a visit to friends we cannot fault the food or the service we received the room we were allocated was spotlessly clean with lovely towels plenty of hot water and lots of free toiletries. On arrival at the hotel we should have been given 2 keys one for the front door and one for our room this was overlooked and we came back late Saturday night and couldnt get into hotel or get in contact with any one on the premises we then had to drive the 40 miles back home and return the next day to check out of hotel with our luggage we spoke to the manager who apologised for the mix up and said he would not charge us for the one night that we did stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank suebacardi
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Happened to be working in Telford this weekend, and wanted a Sunday dinner. So I decided to hop on a train to Chirk. First cos I use to manage the place and second cos I wanted to see how it had changed since I had gone. Wow, as soon as I walked in I felt like I had never left. The only difference was that Shirley was in charge. I hate to admit it, but I could have not done better. Food out with 15 mins, tasty and well presented, and could not believe how friendly and smiley staff were. Deep down you never want your replacement to be better than you, but hand on hart I could have been happier to have met my match. Shirley keep doing what you are doing and never change.

Room Tip: Fantastic Food
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Frankcooper
Reviewed November 5, 2012

excellent family lunch here on 4th nov. staff were friendly and attentative. considering there was a large party also in for a celebratory lunch, service could not be faulted comfortable lounge area to enjoy a drink before our meal.good selection of hot vegetables with tender roast meats . pudding selection was ample and all good.will be back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chirk
Lion Quays
#1 of 1 in Chirk
Swn y Dwr
Swn y Dwr
#2 of 5 in Chirk

Been to The Hand Hotel? Share your experiences!