We booked this as a place to stay close to the airport (less then a minute away) the night before an early flght back to the states. I agree it is a little difficult to find, but only becasue the entrance comes up quickly as you drive along the road that runs parallel to the mainroad to the airport. (There is a gas station on the right immediately before the entrance to the small parking lot in front. Go slow. If you know this, you won't have a problem. Our GPS took us right to it) Also, as someone else said, it looked ominous from the outside, but when the sliding glass doors opened, the lobby quickly dispeled those thoughts. BEAUTIFUL glass and marble and very nice, English speaking personnel. (well spoken English I might add) As we arrived in mid-afternoon, and wanted to turn in the rental car then rather than in the morning, we ran the car over(very easy to get there ~ 45 seconds), checked it in, and called back for the free shuttle to pick us up and return to the airport. All good. We then concerned ourselves with food and found both the snack bar/cafe and the full service restaurant excellent. We ate at the restaurant ( I had a paella which took about 45 minutes to cook due to the rice which I think is normal for anywhere) and service was by formally suited and white shirted waiters and uniformed waitresses, English speaking and English menus. While it closes at 4 pm and doesn't re-open until 9, we entered about 3:15 and had no problem finishing up well after the 4 pm closing. We were not rushed at all. (the snackbar/cafe is open 12 to midnight) It was nearly full when we entered with what looked like airline pilots and some local busness men, as well as other travelers. The room, while small, was immaculate and comfortable. Mini-bar, safe, CAT5 outlet, etc. (If you don;t have a internet cable, they have loaners in the lobby) We chose the standard room and were offered an upgrade room for 10 Euros, but declined and were not sorry we did for just the one night's stay. It was fine. One of the first things we noticed upon entereing was that there was only one towel set and one glass in the room, but before I could call the lobby, there was a knock on the door, and there was a lady with those items. They are really on top of their business. Nice exercise facility in the lobby. While we were close to the airport, we did not hear aircraft or any noise at all in the room. Elevators to all floors, internet access is free in upgrade rooms, or as we did fro the standard room, paid 2 euros for an hour. We also discovered a free open wi-fi working (from somewhere) if you're the adventurous type but probably okay if just using a Blackberry or iTouch, etc. As we had an early flight ini the morning, we scheduled the shuttle for the first run of the day, 6 AM. We knew that meant we would miss the free breakfast as it isn't served until 6:30AM, but when we got to the lobby about 5:45 AM to check out, there was a continential breakfast set-up awaiting us and the other three early rising travelers. We thought that was very thoughtful of them. Also, the night before, I needed to make a collect call to the US and asked the lady in the lobby how to do that. She wasn't sure as I had no 'calling card', but she checked thru her computer, made a couple phone calls, and in 5 minutes or so, came up with the proper calling sequence for me to make call from my room, which went thru just fine. I can't say enough about how pleased we were with this hotel and the personnel working there. The location, obviously makes it a candidate for a one night stay or so, but if it's where you want to be, you won't do better. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Azafata is very well-known in Valencia, particularly thanks to its famous restaurant serving exquisite rice dishes and seasonal products. The hotel enjoys a magnificent location alongside the most important industrial areas in Valencia and provides great access to the city centre, the port, and the beaches, thanks to a recently-opened new underground metro line (3-5) with a station near the Hotel. Regular transport between the hotel and the airport, the service begins at 6 am and ends at 10 pm (check timetable). Only 500 metres from the airport, 5 minutes from the Exhibition Centre, 10 minutes from the historical heart of Valencia, 15 minutes from the Ricardo Tormo motorcycle circuit, 10 km from the El Bosque golf club, and 13 km from El Saler beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Tryp Valencia Azafata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Azafata Hotel Manises
- Tryp Hotel Azafata
- Tryp Valencia Azafata Hotel Province Of Valencia/Manises, Spain