The first thing to say is that there are some positive things about this hotel - it is very close to the airport (about 2 minutes in a taxi or on the hotel's shuttle bus), the receptionist was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about how to get into Valencia itself, and the staff behind the bar were also very friendly. However, this hotel also has some serious shortcomings and I would not use it again.
- There is an issue with cleanliness - the bin in my room had not been emptied, and was full to the brim with other peoples rubbish, including what seemed to be some female sanitary items. This is unacceptable and unhygienic.
- In the evenings, there is no food served until 20:00. Although I accept that this is a cultural characteristic of Spain, in an Airport hotel there needs to be more flexibility than this to cater for people coming and going at all times of the day. The only food they can do before 20:00 is a ham and cheese sandwich and a bag of crisps in the bar.
- The area is industrial and scruffy, and feels not exactly 'unsafe' but certainly you wouldn't want to walk by yourself at night. From the outside the hotel looks very shabby. There is nowhere locally to eat. There is a supermarket near the Travelodge / 'Rosas' Metro Station but this is a 5-10 minute walk through an industrial area. Take care because the pavements are often blocked with cars so it is necessary to walk on the road itself.
- The hotel shuttle bus took 25 minutes to arrive to pick us up from the airport after we called for it.
- Rooms are on the small side. The air conditioning was poor. We stayed in November, it was only 18 degrees outside but several of our party found the rooms far too hot with the air conditioning on full. Opening the windows was not an option because of airport noise, traffic on the busy road outside and the fact that a number of rooms open out onto a communal courtyard/bar area. If the rooms were too hot in the Winter I dread to think what they would be like in the Summer.
On the whole this is just about an acceptable hotel, but I would consider the Travelodge which is next to the Metro Station and supermarket and only another couple of minutes away from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Azafata is very well-known in Valencia, particularly thanks to its famous restaurant serving exquisite rice dishes and seasonal products. The hotel enjoys a magnificent location alongside the most important industrial areas in Valencia and provides great access to the city centre, the port, and the beaches, thanks to a recently-opened new underground metro line (3-5) with a station near the Hotel. Regular transport between the hotel and the airport, the service begins at 6 am and ends at 10 pm (check timetable). Only 500 metres from the airport, 5 minutes from the Exhibition Centre, 10 minutes from the historical heart of Valencia, 15 minutes from the Ricardo Tormo motorcycle circuit, 10 km from the El Bosque golf club, and 13 km from El Saler beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRYP Valencia Azafata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Azafata Hotel Manises
- Tryp Hotel Azafata
- TRYP Valencia Azafata Hotel Province Of Valencia/Manises, Spain