We stayed here for 6 nights in late August and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay. Aruba-Mara is a very well-run camp and the staff really go the extra mile to assist you by helping with taxis etc. The manager, Peter, was consistently polite and patient and dealt with all matter of queries and concerns.
The camp is very well-positioned as it is only a few minutes from Talek Gate.The highlights were the fantastic game drives with guides, Tom, Daniel and John who really consistently delivered in quality by pointing out a wide variety of wildlife-and we did indeed see "the big 5"!
We tried all 3 types of accommodation on offer: Luxury Tent, Big Tent and Bush Tent. All were most satisfactory and very clean although I think the Big Tent option perhaps gives the best value as 2 game drives are included. The Luxury Tent also offers this and did not appear to be very different to the Big Tent except for having an external shower and bath, which despite sounding romantic is not necessarily attractive in the chilly night air. The Bush Tent was big enough to stand up and move around in and the ablution block clean with hot water. We did find it a little cold in these tents as the blanket provided was thin. It might be an idea to have your own torch as even the tents with electricity were rather poorly lit. Do not count on the Wi-Fi either.
The restaurant food is absolutely superb. Every day we received 3 meals. What really impressed me was the care that was taken not only in the preparation of the food but also in the presentation. Each dish was tasty and beautiful to look at and the restaurant staff were always so kind and attentive. I am vegetarian and they took care to ensure that there was always a delicious option for me. I particularly enjoyed the buffet on the African evening, where a wide variety of salads and other dishes were on offer.
This is an outstanding camp that is offering a top-rate service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok