Our first visit 'out west' was a family adventure, with my husband's parents visiting East Africa for the first time. Daniel met us at Ol Kiombo airstrip and the adventures really began. Within 24 hours, just four game drives later, we'd spotted the Big 5. The food was great, tents just what we needed (spacious), plenty of time to relax and chill out. Daniel was really superb and was patient and informative. Peter and the team really went out of their way to make the trip special - our Papa was celebrating a big birthday and we have wonderful memories of a sundowner with Wildebeest and a Secretary bird. Super for families as you can watch animals grazing by the river at breakfast and sit around a fire pit at night. Felt safe and secure during our four day stay. Questions to owner answered quickly - make sure you get clarification of cost/currency as no credit cards accepted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok