Traveled with our two children and loved the accommodations. Enjoyed hearing the wildlife at night and seeing the stars around the campfire. Fantastic food...much, much better than you'd think you'd get at a safari camp and they cooked around any dietary concerns that we had. Staff is thoughtful and friendly. Our standard, permanent tent had a four-poster bed and all the comforts of home. Can see baboons playing across the river...also other animals. Very pleasant.
Actually (to address a complaint in a previous review), our driver took us so far into the park that we nearly didn't make it back out when the park closed! We saw *all* the animals that we wanted to see, right off the bat. We felt like we had a very good experience with the safari drives.
They provide a footlocker-style bench to lock up valuables while away from the tent.
The dining hall tent provided electrical strips for guests to charge their electronics, if wished.
The Masai village was also a fun experience--have to recommend that tour, as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok