My family and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Aruba Mara camp we were a party of 4 my father and I and my sister in law and 11 year old nephew. This my second trip to the Mara and we were on a strict budget my sister in law found the Aruba Mara within our budget I was sceptical I am in the luxury hospitality industry and I know the meaning of you get what you pay for". I was pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful camp overlooking the talek river we were in the large tents which were spacious and with nice appointments and amenities watch out for the hot water bottle that sneaks into your bed its a great touch on chilly Kenya nights but scarred me to death the first night. The staff was amazing greeting us after a long journey with cold towels they know the meaning of Genuine hospitality the owner was a gracious hostess and Paul was amazing as well as our Guide Dannon who went above and beyond for the best animal viewing we saw the big 5 on the first day!
The camp itself was so serene and relaxing you could spend time there with out even going on a game drive we sat on our porch and watched warthogs, gazelles, and the resident hippo one night we had an elephant wonder into camp which the Massai guards scared away. Oh I almost forgot the food was great kudos to the chef. I can't wait to come back for a much longer next time. Thank you Aruba Mara for an amazing 2 days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok