“Beautiful location but needs some TLC”

Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langbank
Nottingham
“Beautiful location but needs some TLC”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Gleddoch house is situated in a stunning location and could have some potentially amazing views! Unfortunately, the greenery blocked all the views except the one from the driveway. The drive up to the hotel was promising but needed a bit of a tidy. The foyer was lovely and the staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Our room was adequate but over looked the bin area and patio of a private hire room, which wasn't particularly great but it was a last minute booking. However, the wedding party that were there on the Saturday night were quite noisy, which wasn't a problem at midnight but got a bit annoying by 2am.
Breakfast was a challenge!!! I'm Coeliac so need a Gluten free diet. On the first morning of our stay, I asked if they were able to cater for gluten free food and got a straightforward "no". The second morning was better and although they had nothing in, they promised to get in some GF toast for the next morning, which they did. The menu was ok but the room service menu was more limited.
The actual breakfast itself was very poor indeed and put us off eating the restaurant in the evenings. The kippers were dry and hard, the toast was cold, the scrambled eggs were very powdery and the poached eggs were over cooked! I didn't think it possible to go wrong with eggs, but clearly you can! There could have been more choice of fruit too. Maybe the addition of (nice) scrambled eggs and smoked Damon would have been nice too (after all we re in Scotland!)

The spa and pool facilities were fabulous! I booked in for a massage on the Saturday of our stay. It genuinely was the best massage I've ever had and I've had a few! The lady eas lovely nd very helpful and gave excellent advice too.
The pool and changing areas were very clean and the pool was warm.
There is a large gravelled area just outside the pool area that is not open to the public, but with a bit of money spent, the area would make a fabulous outdoor hot tub type area.
In general, the places needs updating, some TLC and some money throwing at it and could be an absolutely fantastic hotel!
But at present, it's a nice, comfy hotel with mostly apply, friendly and helpful staff. I'd definitely staff the breakfast chef though!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel, great service and very clean. The pool was nice. I was staying just one night on my own and was made very welcome. The Room was huge for one person and the bed massive and very comfy. Lots of fluffy pillows. Great views from the room. My only slight annoyance was the heavy footed guest in the room above but that's hardly the hotels fault and I did get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked this hotel for two nights on a bed band breakfast tariff for my husband and myself to re charge our batteries. On arrival was greeted by a friendly welcome and booking in was no problem. Found our room and found it to be ok bathroom requires some work especially around the bath and shower area all black mould. The view from our bedroom was one of dismay as we looked out on to the hotels bin area big red ones at that. Found the bar and restaurant very poor and the very expensive. Was kept awake most of the night as there was a wedding reception on . the Saturday night and we could hear the music from our room and the noise from the guests who congregated beneath our window to smoke didn't help some still there at 4,30 in the morning and on Monday morning we had a rude awakening at 5.45 by the local bin men coming to empty the bins right outside our window. Staff helpful and pleasant. Breakfast menu ok but found the continental breakfast poor. Not much choice .Won't be in a rush to go back..

Room Tip: don't ask for room 54.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irma l

Travelers are raving about these Langbank hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed for one night,It is in a lovely scenic spot,the rooms were very clean and well equipped,with tea,coffee and biscuits.The beds were very comfortable.The staff are very helpful and pleasant. The pool is superb,with sauna and steam room.Breakfast was plentiful,with lots of choice,the cooked breakfast was a little bit on the cool side,poached egg was cold,but the rest was nice,and the view was stunning from the dinning room.Only disappointment was when I booked I asked for two rooms with views,ours was nice,but my son and his partner had no view at all! As the windows were covered in a film to block out views of the bins down below.Over all a nice place.

Room Tip: Do not get room 64!! No view what so ever.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Gleddoch a number of times and I always feel very well looked after. Its a very traditional hotel and as its built on a hill there's lots of stairs to go up and down from the main house into the leisure complex but the staff are lovely and helpful with luggage etc if you need it. The main reason I am writing this review is that the last twice I have stayed at the hotel I have booked myself in for a few spa treatments. Elemis is one of my all time favourite products and its a total advantage that the spa in the hotel is an Elemis one. The girls who work there are fabulous, especially Paula who has looked after me both times. I was made to feel very comfortable and relaxed. I've had massages and facials both times and left the spa completely chilled and feeling stress free. Paula is happy to chat through the treatments if that's what makes you happy but equally happy to let you just zone out and enjoy the wonderful experience. I would definitely recommend staying in the Gleddoch and make sure you book yourself a treatment or two whilst you are there. I sleep like a baby after I have been and according to friends look "glowing"

Room Tip: I've stayed in both the main house and the leisure complex both are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
liverpool
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

stayed for one night room stank of smoke very old and tired looking not what you expect when you drive up to the hotel . the throw overs and cushions dirty and smell of smoke people are obviously smoking out of the windows as ther are ciggie buts threw on the ground downstairs ! bathroom great shower fab ! had a great night sleep so peaceful ! breakfast ok prefare buffet style so you can help yourself ! would stay again but i would ask for another room if i wasnt happpy

• Stayed June 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great value
Pool good
Views great
Rooms are a little tired ( we were at the rear of the hotel)
We thought the continental breakfast was over priced.
It certainly is situated in a lovely spot.
Handy for the airport also.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langbank
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel

Been to Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!