“good shortbreak”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langbank
england
“good shortbreak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

we spent few days here with our grand daughter had a great time here, staff were very helpful, used swimming pool every day good pool, good sauna, good steamroom.hotel rooms a bit tired but clean plenty hot water, for showers etc, heating good, food at breakfast was very good cooked breakfast was cooked to order also good choice of cerials etc.trip was slightly spoiled by some inconsidirate parents leaving kids in room alone running up and down corridors slamming doors phoning peoples rooms. between 9pm and 11 pm.. apart from that small incident every thing else was good...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank henry54England
Elaine W, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
I was extremely pleased to read your recent review of Gleddoch House Hotel. Thank you for mentioning the great services we have here at the hotel and that you enjoyed using our Leisure facilities. Thank you also for mentioning that you found our staff helpful.
Please accept my apologies for the disturbance you encountered, my duty managers do walk the bedroom corridors on a regular basis to ensure noise from other residents is kept to a minimum. I am sorry that we didnt act sooner on this occassion.
I shall look forward to your next stay at Gleddoch House Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a midweek break on a DBB basis. Having thoroughly enjoyed a previous stay a number of years ago, we were looking forward to our break and were not disappointed. We had a nice spacious room in the old part of the hotel with all the required amenities, eg tea/coffee making, iron, freeview tv, wifi, bath robes, plenty of towels etc...We found the leisure centre to be good with a well equipped gym,relatively large pool, small sauna and steam room. Spa treatments were also available. Points to note: the pool and sauna were very busy in the afternoon with lots of children and the changing/locker rooms are quite small. We had dinner in the restaurant, the food was excellent and the service was of a similar standard. We did feel that drinks were a bit expensive, eg. £20 for a fairly average bottle of wine. Breakfast was good with lots of choice and variety and again the service was of a high standard. The grounds of the hotel and the surrounding area are ideal for walking and there is an 18 hole golf course on site. Overall, a great hotel with good facilities and service. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John R
Hello. Thanks for leaving a great review of Gleddoch House Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found all aspects of your stay from the bedroom to breakfast of a high standard. I was especially pleased to read that you found the service provided to you throughout your stay of a very high standard and I will ensure the staff members that were on duty throughout your stay hear of your recognition.

I hope to see you again at Gleddoch House Hotel.
Dunoon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is not a bad hotel, needs some work to bring it up to scratch but very easily achievable. The facilities are good but the pool is very busy. It was more like a public swimming pool than a hotel pool. I went swimming at 8 in the morning and the pool had not been cleaned. There was brown clumps rolling on the bottom of the pool and we were all concerned as to what it was. My husband used the net and fished the item out of the pool, to find it was clumps of brown hair! Breakfast was basic, I ordered poached egg that I had to send back as it was completely raw. The staff were very polite and changed it straight away. Unfortunately the second one was not much better. I did not bother sending it back. The hotel is very noisy, actually I have never stayed in such a noisy hotel before. I would not recommend this hotel for families with young children. On a whole this is what I would class as a basic budget hotel, which is a shame because the location and facilities should be the selling point for this hotel. Management should be over seeing their staff are doing their jobs to a high standard. Basic errors like dust and cobwebs on window sills, extension cables that are too short to reach the kettle which was hanging over the tray because of this.(health and safety) missing light bulbs etc are purely down to management not fulfilling their remit correctly.
On a positive note I would stay here again, but only if the room rate stayed low until the quality and standard improved.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Gleddoch House Hotel. Please accept my apologies for the service issues you described, rest assured they will be addressed with the relevant heads of departments as we do take all guest feedback extremley seriously. I do hope that the next time you use the hotel you enjoy your stay thoroughly and we meet all of your expectations.

Best Regards
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this weekend with family and friends. Our room was large but was very dark and uninviting.
Service was good, we asked for ice and glasses to be delivered to the room which was no problem and we received within minutes.
The window in our room had mould along the window ledge which had also reach the net curtain, black mould along the bottom of curtain.
The valance on the bed was ripped and hanging down.
The tiles within the shower had black mould on them, by this time I excepted it for what it was and so just got on with it, if I had not been with a group for the weekend I would have left.
The hotel is very noisy, you could hear people next door speaking and walking about, if you struggle to sleep do not stay at this hotel.

Breakfast, I have stayed in many hotels good and bad but this breakfast had to be the worst quality ever, I ate half slice of bacon, one potato scone and a slice of toast. Everything on the plate tasted as if it had been cooked in dirty cooking fat, sausage was of cheapest quality
Second morning I gave breakfast a miss.
As we arrived early for breakfast we were watched over by about 7 staff standing waiting around, very uncomfortable.

The hotel in general needs a good overhaul, paint work, new carpets and some new accessories. The reception area is very cheap looking, trying to be grand but failing miserable.
I knew before we went not to expect too much as it was very cheap but to be honest this hotel should not be a 4 star!!
Finally based on the breakfast we all decided to book a taxi and go to the Wheelhouse for dinner, which was really good, the hotel missed out on our £200 spent on food that night.

I will not stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank z00nster66
Elaine W, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Gleddoch House Hotel. I am extremely disappointed to read the service issues you have described specifically the ones regarding Housekeeping and Breakfast Service. I am more so saddened that we did not get the opportunity to speak with you during your stay and rectify the issues you were having. Please be assured I am not excusing the poor standards you have described but I do believe in ensuring that guests are satisfied whilst staying in this hotel. It is always frustrating to read negative comments on websites such as trip advisor as we have lost the opportunity to speak face to face and correct the service issues you were experiencing. I note your comments stating that you would not return to this hotel however should you wish to re-consider, please contact me directly where I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in Gleddoch House Hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Langbank hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were given a weekend honeymoon break as a gift for our wedding back in July, as we were let down badly by our original hotel. Have to say the staff were excellent, our suite was huge yet comfortable, and and very clean. The restaurant was nice but not too sure about the choice of food?? We also thought the manager was a little weird....didnt come and introduce himself just ordered the staff about the restaurant (which wasn't busy at the time). Breakfast was faultless quite alot to choose from. Didn't get to use leisure facilities as whenever we asked anyone about extra charges and things no one told us so we went for lovely walks instead (not too keen on leisure staff). Planning to visit at Easter with our 3 sons so hopefully the kids won't be bored but would recommend The Gleddoch to everyone and will definately be coming back xx

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of Gleddoch House Hotel. The service you described is indeed everything we aim to achieve on a daily basis. Thank you for mentioning the staff here at the hotel, I appreciate that the team I have really enjoy delivering excellent hospitality. I note that you are coming back to stay at Easter and I do hope I get the opportunity to meet with you personally. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Gleddoch House Hotel.
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

The setting of the hotel and entrance are lovely and the staff, both at reception and dining were efficient and very helpful. The hotel is large and rambling with lots of stairs between rooms and dining or leisure facilities. Always seemed like a long walk to get anywhere. The rooms were adequate but we had phoned the hotel to request a triple room with 3 beds and were assured that this would be OK. On arrival we were allocated a room with 2 double beds which we reluctantly accepted since we were only staying one night. The hotel did offer to put a third bed into the room but realistically the room was far too small for that to be viable. Staff were very apologetic that they could not help.
The spa treatments were excellent and again the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The gym is well equipped but the pool area is very basic. It has a small steam room and sauna but the changing and showering facilities are poor.
Overall we were satisfied with our stay. The price was reasonable, food adequate and staff excellent but none of us was impressed enough to return.

Room Tip: large hotel over many different levels with lots of stairs between rooms and dining or leisure so if...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of Gleddoch House Hotel. I have read your comments in great detail and really appreciate your high recommendations of the team members you encountered during your stay. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment in our leisure changing rooms, I do hope to see some investment in this area soon to improve the overall experience of guests using our leisure facilities.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of Gleddoch House Hotel.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We visited the hotel for a girls spa break, the gym and spa facilities were very good and very relaxing, we enjoyed using the gym, indoor heated pool, steam and sauna facilities, staff were very helpful and friendly.

We had a few treatments at the Elemis Spa, they were fantastic! Would highly recommend the spa wrap, scrub and facial treatments! Paula and the team provided an excellent service, we didn't want to leave!

Our room was spacious,and had all of the amenities we needed. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the restaurant and relaxed in the lounge bar

Location and views are splendid!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langbank
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!