“Good but spoiled by fellow guests”

Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langbank
Arbroath, United Kingdom
“Good but spoiled by fellow guests”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed at the Gleddoch for two nights, Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th January 2013. Got good deal with Sunday Mail for £40 per night for two in double room with breakfast. Room was big with huge bed and all the usual facilities. Leisure facilities looked good although due to using hotel as base for visiting family no time available to use. Had dinner the first night which although tasty was small portions and didn't fill us up. Breakfast was lovely and the waiters were very attentive. All in all a very good couple of days in beautiful surroundings on the Clyde. One last comment and this is not the hotel's fault but rather inconsiderate fellow guests. On the second night we had a family with a very exuberant dog above us. They arrived back from the bar at 11 ish and the raised voices, kids fighting and dog running around the room with a toy went on till nearly two in the morning. We did try to phone reception but couldn't get a reply. Shame this spoilt our sleep on the last night. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BarbaraArbroath
Neil B, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear 709 Maggie,

I do appreciate you posting such a nice review regarding your recent visit to Gleddoch House Hotel,I will certainly share your comments with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Gleddoch House in the near future.

Regards,

Neil Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked two rooms,first had stained bedding counter pain,mould around shower head,used tissues underneath bed & hair in the drawer,second room was not much better.
loost a days buisness through very poor internet connection.complained to manager who dealt with complaint very professionally.although we changed rooms my sons rooms overlooked the bin s so he could not open his window and our new room although was large had a lovely bath which we could not use to toaplugwhich did not fit.ALL STAFF were very friendly,polite and helpfull but lack of general funding towards the upkeep of the hotel seems to be lacking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gary D
Neil B, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear GaryD,

I appreciate your comments and apologise for the issues regarding your room.
We pride ourselves on our housekeeping standards and I will discuss this review with our housekeeping team.

Gleddoch house will be going through some upgrades and refurbishments during 2013 which will certainly enhance the overall ambience and look of the property.

Your comments help us manage our guests experience and give us the opportunity to improve.

I do hope you concider returning to Gleddoch House and ask that you contact me directly should you wish to make a reservation so I can handle your booking in person.

Neil Brown

Travelers are raving about these Langbank hotels

Glasgow
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on an overnight which we got last minute on a Groupon deal. Hotel looks great from the entrance and check in was easy with the girl being really polite. Checked into room which was nice - nothing too fancy but fine. Didn't have a room service menu and wanted to get a late lunch but this was quickly solved at reception. Then headed off to leisure facilities. I had tried to book a spa treatment for 4.15 and was told the Spa shut at 4 (by email prior to arrival) however on the door of the spa it said it closed at 6pm. It did appear closed so I wonder if they head home early on Friday? Pool was in the golf club area of the hotel and was really a let down. Clean enough, but very basic and a but like our local swimming pool! Didn't stay for long before heading back up to room. Had dinner in the hotel and couldn't complain, food was lovely. Food at breakfast was also lovely. Staff throughout we're polite and accommodating. We realised on leaving that we had a flat tyre but didn't have the jack with us in the car, and the staff ran about trying to find one for us so we could change tyre successfully.
Would agree with other reviews that the hotel is a slight maze and the corridors could do with modernising.
Recently stayed in Cameron House where service was awful - I would say the service here (apart from spa) was 5 star.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Neil B, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear ALTGlasgow,

Its Great to read that our team at Gleddoch House we helpful in trying to assist you with you flat tyre.
It is also nice to read that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants and the level of service from our team at Gleddoch House.

Our leisure facilities will be upgraded as part of our on going maintenance program during 2013 and will certainly enhance our offering in terms of ambience and overall appeal to our guests.

I do apologise that there was a slight confusion regarding the spa and the opening times. The spa was fully booked at the time and there were treatments taking place.Our receptionist should have made you aware of this.

I do hope you consider returning to Gleddoch House hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

buckinghamshire
Reviewed January 7, 2013

we booked three rooms, we have four children. One of the rooms was huge with a King bed in. I wouldnt say the rooms were spotless, but certainly cleaner and neater than most i stay at. Staff very friendly, reception struggled to explain where we were actually staying, and he was quite slow to be honest, but pleasant and polite.
We didnt stay for dinner as we wanted to look around, but breakfast was fantastic and staff very helpful.
The pool is great, some reviews say poor pool that is small, that is rubbish it is a really good size, showers are rubbish at the pool and changing rooms could do with a bit of TLC, but all in all a really nice hotel.
I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Neil B, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Gavinlong22,

Your recent review of Gleddoch House Hotel is very much appreciated.

The Locker rooms will be attended to in terms of maintenace issues and locks for the out of order lockers replaced.

Our pool is of a good size, 17 meters and is extremly popular with our guests, I'm please that you enjoyed this facility.

Thank you for taking time to let us know of your experiences during your visit to Gleddoch House Hotel. We continue to strive to meet all of our guests expectations and your comments help us improve our service and standards.

Kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Myself and my young daughter came for an overnight stay and we were not disappointed. The hotel,rooms and facilities were in general very good with only a few points I would make - 1) I would say the changing room areas in the pool were a bit in need of an overhaul with some broken lockers and quite poor showers but we just went back to our room for a proper shower. 2) The food was ok but not great - the roast beef was quite tough and there wasn't an awful lot of veg. 3) the service was a bit slow at dinner which was probably more noticable to me being with a 10 year old who was keen to get her dinner. Other than that the staff were pleasant, helpful and friendly, the rooms and pool were all spotless, the rooms were comfortable and spacious and we had a fantastic view. The points mentioned didnt spoil our break - we thoroughly enjoyed it and would come back for longer the next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Clare,

Thank you for taking time to post your experiences regarding your recent visit to Gleddoch House Hotel. As General Manager I will address the service and food quality issues with our food and beverage team immediatly, my apologies.

In terms of the ladies locker room we will be upgrading these facilities soon as well as other areas of the hotel.

I will share your comments with the team at Gleddoch House and I look forward to welcoming you back to Gleddoch House Hotel or another Bespoke Hotels prpperty.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights at the start of Jan on a DBB easybreaks deal.
Room: large, spacious, slightly dated with all usual facilities i.e. hairdryer, tea making, iron, tv etc. En-suite was relatively clean and loads of fresh towels and some toiletries. Bed was very large (super king size?) but two nights were enough for us - not overly comfortable.
Our window overlooked the car park (could get noisy early on from what sounded like bin lorries or delivery trucks) and had a view of part of the golf course.
Meals: Dinner menu (3 courses) on DBB tarrif varied slightly on each night. Selection was ok and quality was just ok too. The beef was a particular disappointment. Over cooked, dried out and I felt like it had been re-heated from previous weeks. The breakfast however was lovely. Loads of selection from fruits, cereal, yoghurt, porridge and full fry-ups.
Staff: pleasant, helpful and no issues.
Spa/leisure facilities: once I got there I was desperate for a spa treatment but there was never anyone at the leisure reception and the spa room had a sign on it 'treatment in progress' whenever I passed. So if you have the foresight, book in advance. The pool was warm and relatively clean and the changing facilities were basic (lots of broken lockers). The gym was small but well equipped.
Other guests: the hotel can't be held responsible for other guests but after listening to one group (one horrid woman in particular) on our last night fight, shout, swear, bang, slam doors from midnight until 1am I'd had enough and phoned down to reception. The phone rang and rang and rang and rang. No reply. How frustrating!
Queried this upon checkout and the girl was apologetic and said the night porter was on but might have been away from the reception. So thanks to the awful woman, and her group, with absolutely no class or thought/regard for any other guests (lots of children staying too) my husband and I had hardly any sleep and a horrible last night. My advice to them would be: if you can't handle your drink, Don't Drink!
Overall: I still found the deal from easybreaks good value for money and I believe you get what you pay for so all in all a decent 2 day break.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank iammrsmo
Neil B, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Deat iammrsmo,

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your recent visit to Gleddoch House with you.

I was aware of the situation with the problems regarding the noise disruption during your visit and attended to the disturbance myself.

Please contact me at 01475 540711

Regards,

Glasgow UK
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for a 2 night DBB package for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day/night.
IA great time was had by all ! The staff realy are very good, very friendly and helpful. The food was really good and drink prices were reasonable. The 'Murder Mystery' on the 1st was a hoot and really made the night fly by ! The band on New Tears Eve were great and we are already thinking about booking for next year. Yes the rooms are a bit 'tired' but all in all we had a great time !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to Gleddoch House during the New Year.

I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your short break with us. The overall feedback from the Christmas and New Yer activities has been very positive from our guests.

We will be referbishing some of our rooms and public areas during the year and we always try to meet our guests expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Gleddoch House Hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langbank
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel

Been to Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!