“Excellent fondue - the place for croissants”

The Niseko Supply Company
Ranked #30 of 281 Restaurants in Kutchan-cho
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Each day we dropped by on our way home from dinner to buy croissants or other bread and pastries for breakfast the next morning. Really good baked goods and the staff were friendly and helpful. Christmas Eve 2013 we made a reservation and had fondue for dinner. Great service, tasty fondue and a really enjoyable evening. Recommended for a break from the excellent Japanese food in Niseko.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

After having Japanese food for breakfast, lunch and dinner it is nice to take a break, particularly for desert and crepes are the perfect choice!

About 10 different varieties and after the intense flavours of Japanese food, my favourite at The NSC was the lemon crepes. Only complaint was the crepe could have been cooked a little bit better / longer to give it a bit of texture.

The hot chocolate was ok, could have been warmer given how cold it was outside!

Restaurant is lovely cozy inside, but make sure to book in advance as the first time we dropped in we were able to get a table, but the second time we dropped in unannounced they were already full!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Breakfast menus were limited but tasty. The croissant and latte are the best I have had on this trip to Niseko. The waitresses inability to get a coffee order correct after coming back to confirm was disappointing, particularly as they have mobile devices to collect the order as it is being made.
Later the same day, I returned to get takeaway coffee and pastries after skiing and stood in line at the counter where I waited patiently as a senior staff member made the cashier process 2 table bills and order a taxi in front of me. Meanwhile someone else came in behind me and was able to order takeaway straight away. I left in disgust.
This was not enough to stop me returning for breakfast the next morning. I turned up alone which seemed quite an inconvenience for the busy cafe (note to staff, don't make it so obvious!). I was seated at a bigger table which I said I was happy to share. When my husband joined me, it was quieter and we moved to a table for 2.
Overall, this place has great potential, but it needs to get on top of staff training at 2 levels - 1. improve customer service skills and 2. teach good waiting skills.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Good set menus and hearty cheese fondue. Yummy dessert crepes. Also operates as a bakery for all those types of foods. Can get busy.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This quaint little hut is fabulous. For breakfast and reasonably priced. Had good coffee too. We pretty much visited this place every day.