“Awesome place, very comfortable and fun!”
Review of Australia House

Australia House
Ranked #15 of 61 B&Bs / Inns in Kutchan-cho
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I would stay here again! Very welcoming and comfortable environment. Clean and very safe! Very close to the chair lift, great food and stores. Breakfast was included with my stay which was a plus and the owner Scott was very pleasant to talk to! Great staff and services. The restaurant they had open in the evening was affordable yet very tasty :)

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Hugnkiss007
deepsteep, Owner at Australia House, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, Hugnkiss007. I am very glad you enjoyed your time here. We have added additional amenities to Australia house since your last visit such as additional showers on the bedroom floors and an extended drying room. I hope to see you again this upcoming season!

There are newer reviews for Australia House

Reviewed February 13, 2013

February 2013 I stayed 5 nights at the Australia house with a tour group of friends. I found that during my stay there Australia house really felt like home. It was a very welcoming warm place to come home to after a long day of riding the epic powder in Niseko. The living room was warm and inviting. My boyfriend and I stayed in room #6 which I highly recommend for any couples staying there as it is the only room in the house with its own bathroom! Which is very small but is perfect for everyday use and came in very handy. The Australia house was in a perfect location and within walking distance to everything. I will return to Niseko without a doubt and would recommend Australia house to anyone traveling there. "Make sure to say Hi to the adorable Husky who lives there in a little house by the back entrance."

Room Tip: Couples take room #6, friends take rooms in the second building "the one that doesn't have...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Kolby M, thank you for your review, and I am so glad that we were able to help make your time in Niseko enjoyable. For your next stay we have added additional amenities to Australia House for your convenience such as additional showers and an extended drying room. Thank you again, and I hope to see you again at Australia House soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Aussie House is a great choice if you're looking for a smaller, quieter atmosphere with a nice touch of home. The attached restaurant is great, the kitchen is clean, and the rooms are comfortable. A perfect option for a couple or a few friends on a budget! I will be staying here again in the future.

A group of 12 of us Canadians stayed here and were all happy with our stay. The staff are very friendly as well!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review, Jay W. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and would like to let you know that for your next stay with us we have added a variety of new amenities such as an extended drying room, showers on the bedroom level, and a renovated kitchen. I hope to see you again this upcoming season!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 5 days while we hit the slopes for some powder! Senai is a cheerful lady helping us with the check in and useful tips around the area. Yu the chef whipped up our daily breakfast of eggs and bacon before we head out. The people are very warm, making it a great stay in the cold winter. Room is basic but serves well as a resting place that's well heated. On clear days, will be able to see Yotei san out of the window. Highly recommended for people who wants no frills accommodation and be able to meet new friends.

• Stayed: February 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review, Andyteokh. I am glad you had an enjoyable time with us! We have done some renovations for the 2014 season to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable. The drying room has been extended in the back part of the Australian House, and we have added additional showers on the bedroom level for your convenience. I hope to see you again during this upcoming season.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Booked in for two weeks at Aussie House for the very start of the snow season in Hirafu. I was the only guest for about a week, which was cool, as the staff that were staying in house were nice and friendly and showed me places to snowboard and have a few drinks after a hard day on the slopes. My room was great, enough room for me and the heater worked a treat. The shared shower was always clean and the water hot, with the shared toilets always clean aswell. The kitchen was fine for cooking or heating up a meal from SeicoMart just across the road. The common room was nice and relaxing warm with comfy couch. Enough room downstairs for snow equipment and the dry room was fine for getting ready or shedding layers. The real bonus of Aussie House is the location, about 2 minute walk to the lifts and close to bars and resturants for the evenings. Theres a few sets of stairs to deal with but your up in the mountains so toughen up!!! I had a blast at Aussie House and will definately plan my next stay in Hirafu with them!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, LastBoardingCall. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to see you again this coming season! Since your last stay we have added an extended drying room, and additional showers on the bedroom level for your convenience. Hope to see you in Niseko again soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at Aus house 2 years in a row with no issues at all. Great location, friendly staff and good value for money. It is more of a backpackers style, so not ideal for families or honeymooners. are If you stay there make sure you ask if you can take Sony (the husky) for a walk!

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you, Nathan C for your review and your patronage! For your visit in the 2014 season we have done some renovations in the kitchen, added extra showers on the bedroom level, and added an extra drying room for your convenience. I hope to see you again soon! I’m sure Sunny (the Husky) would love to see you!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

It was everything I expected from a backpacker’s but better, very clean, lovely staff, comfy, warm and they're happy to point you in the right direction when needed. With great views from our room of Hirafu it was a lovely sight to wake up to, whilst at night you could see the lights of the night skiing which created great ambience.

The location that was smack bang right in the middle of Hirafu made restaurants and bars easily accessible, as well as Seciomart across the road and chairlifts only 5mins walking distance. Simply you couldn’t get a better spot to stay. Washing machine and dryer at a low cost was great. The drying room always had my gear toasty by the morning and was huge!! With plenty of space for all your gear it was a great comfort.

Being March it was quieter, so it was great to able to relax in the common areas that were furnished better than most homes, TV and couches theses areas were provided great atmosphere. The breakfast we sampled was fantastic bacon and eggs with toast, cereal and juice and or coffee and tea, cooked by some great staff that also were friendly and informative for any of your questions you may have needed answered.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rene12190380

Rene12190380, thank you for your review! I am very glad you had a pleasant time in Niseko-Hirafu. For your next stay we have added extra amenities such as an extended drying room, and showers on the bedroom level. Thank you again for your stay, and we hope to see you again this upcoming season.