There are many trips that we have embarked on in the past but, few of them bring back fond memories....until we discovered Club Med in Sahoro, Hokkaido, Japan!
The experience was all too short and six days seemed to have gone by so very quickly. The Club Med family led by Ryan, Ghazzo, Cat, Declan, Tam Tam, Abi, Tisna, Manami, Robel, Agung and many others were simply an amazing bunch of guys! It was this new family that adopted us versus vice versa. Unlike any other resort or destination we have been to before...the welcome was so warm, genuine, fun and full of passion and life. Each and every one of those in Sahoro was a wonderful friend to each of us. Its as though we have met and been friends with each of them for a lifetime. The experience went beyond simple and typical hospitality found in other hotels we have experienced before. And, we don't believe you can find anything equivalent anywhere else that comes anywhere close...
It must be said that there was a heart-rendering moment when we stayed at Sahoro when we personally witnessed a Special Needs child skiing down the slope all by himself with his Guest Officer safely beside him. It goes beyond any words to describe. This simple goes to show that the staff of Club Med Sahoro try as best they can to realise every person's dream, no matter their own limitations and abilities, to be able to enjoy the wonders of mother nature as well as learn to ski.
To be honest, it was challenging enough for my wife and I to learn to ski as beginners. But for Declan, a wonderful and talented ski instructor, to instil the confidence and to bring unceasing smiles to my own Asperger daughter, Myra, was a very special moment which we both never thought we would personally witness. To simply enjoy her moment and to share in her new found wonderment meant the whole world to us. For this special moment in Myra's life, we have a whole lifetime to thank Declan, whom we wish every success in his pursuits in dentistry in Adelaide, Australia. If it was not for Declan, Myra would not have found her new found abilities and joy. Now we need to replicate these special moments for Myra whom seem to yearn for more! It would almost certainly be tough to top the Sahoro skiing experience for her...
Besides the hospitality, we were most blessed to witness the beauty of the mountains and the incredible snow of Sahoro...its simply god's gift to the world! Every day was magical! The quality of the snow was like nothing on earth...soft, fluffy and miles deep! There were so many occasions when we could not find our knees let alone the skis. Its as though the place was enveloping and embracing us as we came down the mountain of Sahoro...
There is so much more accolades we could shower on the staff but, only personal experience of being there could possibly describe the moment.
We wish everyone at Sahoro every success in all your future endeavours and we shall certainly look forward to bringing Myra back to enjoy her wonderful and magical moments once again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Japan, the alternative winter sports world. Sahoro is a place of refinement, in full Japanese style. The microclimate that reigns over the island of Hokkaido, which has less rainfall and is cooler than the rest of Japan, ensures optimal snow cover for an intense skiing experience. And after all that skiing, revival is guaranteed, with the choice between Ofuro, traditional Japanese hot baths, and Canadian outdoor baths. Indoors you will find a heated swimming pool, jacuzzi and saunas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sahoro - Karikachi Kogen Hotel Shintoku-Cho
- Club Med Shintoku Cho
- Club Med Hokkaido
- Hokkaido Club Med
- Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido Japan