Just back from two weeks skiing. Some awesome powder and an all around great time. Club Med don't just sell holidays or accommodation or skiing .... they sell fun. The ambiance in the village is so great it completely makes up for their not being an actual village outside the hotel.
A fantastic hard-working GO team who go hard trying to make sure you enjoy yourself. The kids were extremely well looked after from a great Mini-club team headed up by Diego - gratz to you man - they got my kids dressed and out skiing every day and looked after them even so I could enjoy an hour of apres-ski at the end of the day ! And among so many its hard to single people out but Ryan the Chef was ominpresent. The ski-team had some great guys on-board - esp thanks to Paul-Emile, Pierre and Yutaro, Bruno and Ian. As well as Josef, Phoebe and Steve for looking after the kids so well - even my four year old got up on her first chair lift. So many other excellent GOs who we enjoyed Robel the ski-director and William the assistant ski school director, Chris, Greg-O, Chloe and many others.
The bar team - esp Yuki and Nic (the Aussie) were fantastic and worthy of recognition. Espresso Martini's after dinner a fave !
Great food if a little limited in plain options for the kids and I did miss that there wasn't any hot chocolate/hot wine reception after a day's skiing....
Rooms are basic and small but comfortable and you don't spend a lot of time in them so I didn't really notice. Bathrooms/shower pods in room are very 3 star - functional but cramped
Would definitely go again !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Japan, the alternative winter sports world. Sahoro is a place of refinement, in full Japanese style. The microclimate that reigns over the island of Hokkaido, which has less rainfall and is cooler than the rest of Japan, ensures optimal snow cover for an intense skiing experience. And after all that skiing, revival is guaranteed, with the choice between Ofuro, traditional Japanese hot baths, and Canadian outdoor baths. Indoors you will find a heated swimming pool, jacuzzi and saunas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sahoro - Karikachi Kogen Hotel Shintoku-Cho
- Club Med Shintoku Cho
- Club Med Hokkaido
- Hokkaido Club Med
- Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido Japan