I am always using Trip Advisor and so I read the many positive reviews about this Club Med and then some of the complaints...I like to take a balanced view!
Let me asure you...any 'concerns' about food or the rooms were unfair...we travel a lot and I thought the whole property was fabulous..rooms, food and the staff.
This was our first skiing trip and we could not have had a better initiation! Even with two accidents and a trip to the local hospital...we would still say this was an amazing experience! The GOs and GMs were all so friendly...and so nice to my wounded son and husband!
We travelled from Sydney to Tokyo and then on to Obihiro which took about 90 minutes by bus.
Glad it wasn't any further though! We just wanted to get there.
My kids, aged 14 and 12, felt home there immediately. We knew they were safe...and they would just go to their room when they wanted too...or off to meet new friends.
Special thanks to Yuki who went with my husband and son to the local hospital and acted as interpreter. She was a star!
The rooms were large...we had two and it was perfect. The bathrooms were the one downside. But luckily I read on Trip Adviser that is is a good idea to take two rooms rather than a quad as two small bathrooms are better than one!
Ok you might balk at the price. But friends pay more than this for a week at Thredbo (in Australia) without lift tickets and meals...so all in all..value for money! Especially if you like a post skiing drink!
We met one Australian family who had been 10 times to this Club Med! There were many other guests that had been at least 3 times!
As the big man in the movies says..."we'll be back"!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Japan, the alternative winter sports world. Sahoro is a place of refinement, in full Japanese style. The microclimate that reigns over the island of Hokkaido, which has less rainfall and is cooler than the rest of Japan, ensures optimal snow cover for an intense skiing experience. And after all that skiing, revival is guaranteed, with the choice between Ofuro, traditional Japanese hot baths, and Canadian outdoor baths. Indoors you will find a heated swimming pool, jacuzzi and saunas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sahoro - Karikachi Kogen Hotel Shintoku-Cho
- Club Med Shintoku Cho
- Club Med Hokkaido
- Hokkaido Club Med
- Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido Japan