Hotel Victor Hugo
$91
$94
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We booked the hotel seeing the pictures on the website and after going there, we found the situation was reverse. It was told that room service will be done daily but towels were changed on alternate days. Warm water was not coming in bathroom during our stay there.

The executive delux room didnt have any plugins to charge your phone, camera etc. FREE WIFI INTERNET as mentioned in the package works only in the Lobby of the hotel.
Tourist Tax was charged as part of invoice So good Luck , Think twice before you go.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Meghna22
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Got Eurostar from London to Paris for a relaxing weekend.....
I have stayed in alot of hotels, but this is the worst ever. My girfrliend and I had to book another hotel as this was ruining our holiday. Nothing close by, too far from City, noisy.Was sucked in by the pictures on various websites, but I would advise anyone to pay a little extra for a much better place. You should look forward to going back to your hotel at night after a long day sight-seeing, but we were actually dreading it.

First night stay, had an Indian dinner next door, which was quite pleasant.
Second night after sight-seeing, got to hotel at 10pm and nothing opened to eat except a dingy kebab shop close to hotel. We decided to get out of there.

Hotel Room....
Door close was hanging off the wall with screws sticking out - I am quite tall and almost hit the screws several times.
20 year old TV hanging from the wall with dodgy looking cabling hanging from it.
Old wardrobes and floors, bed sheets looked dirty. And room was quite small.

Bathroom.....
loads of kunk around the rim of the bath. Sink was almost off the wall, bearly hanging by it's last screw. Leaned on it 1st night of stay and it nearly fell on the floor.
Shower head had no shower head holder, so had to hold onto the shower head each time.

The day we checked out (with one day to go) I am sorry I didn't express my disgust. I was just eager to get out of there and into a proper hotel.
The guy on reception was not very pleasant either - he knew we were leaving early, but didn't dare ask was everything satisfactory.

I use trip advisor alot for hotel recommendations and felt that I should post this to ensure people are aware of what they are paying for?

We had to pay an additional £100 for another decent hotel.....so all in all this cost us alot more money.

Pay a bit extra for a decent hotel. This says 57% would recommend......I seriously doubt anyone actually enjoyed a single night in this place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Boyle_m
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I wanted to book the Victor Hugo in Dijon. Somehow I ended up booking this hotel instead. When I realised the mistake (I'm not sure the mistake was entirely my own) I cancelled the reservation, four days before the arrival. But my credit card was charged anyway. When I complained, I was shown the fine print "Non-refundable Deposit: Please note the hotel will charge the first night at
the moment of the reservation. This amount is not refundable" hidden among all the other details. It should be illegal. It certainly is immoral.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank bob1941
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We were staying in Victor Hugo hotel for three nights, and had an overall good experience.
the staff is helpful, the rooms are clean, and the hotel surrounding are very peaceful.

One should know that the hotel is located in the suburb of Paris, hence you will have to take a 10 minutes ride with a train, and then change to the Metro, to reach your destination in the city. not bad if you are a light traveler.

one tip - we got seriously lost with our car on our way to the hotel, as this area is really small - so make sure you have a very clear map or instructions how to get there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I did not stay in this hotel, but want to warn travelers about their cancellation policy before booking. I booked this hotel because I followed a link that was meant to be the Best Western Victor Hugo hotel in Paris. However, once I received e-mail confirmation, I noticed that the address was in Clamart, outside of Paris, and opted to cancel immediately. The hotel accepted my cancellation, but charged the first night of my stay even though I'd cancelled three weeks in advance. Apparently it's part of their policy to charge the first night of your stay at the moment you book and not refund it, which is something I've never heard of/experienced before. I would not have booked had I noticed this in advance because I consider a policy like that to be shady. So, fellow travelers, just be careful and make sure you're OK with this ridiculous policy before booking this hotel.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends