See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were attracted by the fact that the hotel is part of the Sharlopov hotels chain. Unfortunately this hotel has nothing in common with the other Sharlopov hotels we have visited. The hotel is serviced very bad the rooms were not cleaned for a long time with a bad smell of unwashed toilet coming from the bathroom. The staff is smoking in the lobby and in the corridors which brings cigarette smell all over the hotel. The breakfast has poor choice and most of the products are of the lowest quality available on the market. The only good and clean place in the hotel is the swimming pool. The water is clean and warm.
And last but not least we had a very bad experience when leaving the hotel. They brought an unsigned restaurant receipt and claimed we have consumed it and have to pay it. Instead of apologies the waiter insisted that the unsigned receipt is ours. We will never ever visit this place again!

Room Tip: All rooms are good but not clean.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank onji
Reviewed March 4, 2012

well ,the skiing was great [last week of feb] the hotel was clean and warm [more than i can say about the food] the free spa /swimming pool was brilliant,the staff not very friendly [seeing we were told there season only lasts 4 months they didnt make much of an effort] BUT we were in bulgaria if we could afford whistler we wouldnt be in pamporovo? so value for money it was ok! take a travel kettle,some snacks, and have a decent dinner [the food up the mountains is good [[the brothers bar & peters pub]] and enjoy the cheap skiing and think of all the wieght coming off [they say dont eat after 1800 you wont want too !]

Room Tip: take a travel kettle and some pot noodles
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Just come back from this hotel. First appearances looked good, got to our room on sixth floor (small but adequate for two) had an extra bed which we didn't ask for and took three days of asking for it to be removed. Dirty cups and glasses were never cleaned from our room and only the bathroom sink was cleaned, other surfaces were left dirty. Our dressing gowns were taken away and not replaced and after asking for more when they arrived they stank of cigarette smoke! Came back one day with a 'clean' towel that had a large blood stain and the food was completely inedible. Nothing was labelled and everything was cold and we struggled to eat any of it. One night there were no glasses supplied for the water dispenser so upon asking if any were available I was told "no". Plenty of better looking hotels in Pamporovo choose any apart from this one!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have read some of the previous reviews and in my opinion the moaning ones re staff, service, porters, bus departures in my case do NOT apply. I arrived in the early hours of Sunday morning at about 05.20 - Flight delays, but immediately the bus stopped outside the hotel, two porter came to the bus, unloaded my kit and after booking in escorted me to my room. Yes I tipped them about £2.00 between them and they were my friends for the rest of the week. I had no problems with staff whatsoever I had a single room, huge 6 foot wide bed in it, bar, tv and the usual accessories. It was cleaned every day and toiletries replenished. Comfortable and warm, balcony overlooking the main street. 24/7 supermarket just opposite if required. I had a meal at the Gloria Mar just up the road, very nice but not cheap about £12,00 for a lamb dinner, plus small beer.

Disappointments ! Food was not great, plenty of variety but cool to the pallet. Breakfast had hot and cold, cereals, coffee machine, tea and fruit or side salad. Fruit had been quartered to stop it being taken out. Oh yes cake with every meal. Stair carpet was a bit dangerous between the lounge and the first floor, torn and the retaining bar was loose.

Took a safety deposit box behind the reception area, just gave peace of mind, whilst one was gone for the day.

Bus stopped right outside for Ski School 2 but note 08.30 to about 10.00 and 15.00 onwards back. Fair walk back if you miss it. Each hotels supplies it`s own transport and on "our" bus you have to get tickets out and back from reception.

Crystal reps always seemed to be available as and when required

Room Tip: Lifts(2) are slow and only hold 6 at a time so either walk down or avoid food times. 8th floor has a coffee bar with excellent views around the area. I had room 401 and this suited me fine, faced the front. Yes there was some noise from revellers in the street and we had a morning call at around 0700 hours from two huskies which wandered around.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during our second holiday in pamporovo and both found the hotel to be much nicer than the previous. The rooms were clean, decent size, bathroom nice however the full lenght mirror positioned opposite the toilet was slightly disconcerting!
Staff as pleasant as bulgarians get, safe behind reception free of charge. Shopping located within the hotel and along adjoining passageway with another hotel. Also restaurant on top floor and swimming pool avalible but we did not use these facilities.
Generator to front of hotel can be noisey so would recommend requesting room at the back of hotel if light sleeper.
Although my partner found the buffet style and food acceptable, I struggled to eat anything offered. This is a problem throughout pamporovo so if you enjoy your food I would advise going to an alternative country!

Room Tip: Rooms to back of hotel quieter
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends