See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Just come back from this hotel. First appearances looked good, got to our room on sixth floor (small but adequate for two) had an extra bed which we didn't ask for and took three days of asking for it to be removed. Dirty cups and glasses were never cleaned from our room and only the bathroom sink was cleaned, other surfaces were left dirty. Our dressing gowns were taken away and not replaced and after asking for more when they arrived they stank of cigarette smoke! Came back one day with a 'clean' towel that had a large blood stain and the food was completely inedible. Nothing was labelled and everything was cold and we struggled to eat any of it. One night there were no glasses supplied for the water dispenser so upon asking if any were available I was told "no". Plenty of better looking hotels in Pamporovo choose any apart from this one!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have read some of the previous reviews and in my opinion the moaning ones re staff, service, porters, bus departures in my case do NOT apply. I arrived in the early hours of Sunday morning at about 05.20 - Flight delays, but immediately the bus stopped outside the hotel, two porter came to the bus, unloaded my kit and after booking in escorted me to my room. Yes I tipped them about £2.00 between them and they were my friends for the rest of the week. I had no problems with staff whatsoever I had a single room, huge 6 foot wide bed in it, bar, tv and the usual accessories. It was cleaned every day and toiletries replenished. Comfortable and warm, balcony overlooking the main street. 24/7 supermarket just opposite if required. I had a meal at the Gloria Mar just up the road, very nice but not cheap about £12,00 for a lamb dinner, plus small beer.

Disappointments ! Food was not great, plenty of variety but cool to the pallet. Breakfast had hot and cold, cereals, coffee machine, tea and fruit or side salad. Fruit had been quartered to stop it being taken out. Oh yes cake with every meal. Stair carpet was a bit dangerous between the lounge and the first floor, torn and the retaining bar was loose.

Took a safety deposit box behind the reception area, just gave peace of mind, whilst one was gone for the day.

Bus stopped right outside for Ski School 2 but note 08.30 to about 10.00 and 15.00 onwards back. Fair walk back if you miss it. Each hotels supplies it`s own transport and on "our" bus you have to get tickets out and back from reception.

Crystal reps always seemed to be available as and when required

Room Tip: Lifts(2) are slow and only hold 6 at a time so either walk down or avoid food times. 8th floor has a coffee bar with excellent views around the area. I had room 401 and this suited me fine, faced the front. Yes there was some noise from revellers in the street and we had a morning call at around 0700 hours from two huskies which wandered around.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during our second holiday in pamporovo and both found the hotel to be much nicer than the previous. The rooms were clean, decent size, bathroom nice however the full lenght mirror positioned opposite the toilet was slightly disconcerting!
Staff as pleasant as bulgarians get, safe behind reception free of charge. Shopping located within the hotel and along adjoining passageway with another hotel. Also restaurant on top floor and swimming pool avalible but we did not use these facilities.
Generator to front of hotel can be noisey so would recommend requesting room at the back of hotel if light sleeper.
Although my partner found the buffet style and food acceptable, I struggled to eat anything offered. This is a problem throughout pamporovo so if you enjoy your food I would advise going to an alternative country!

Room Tip: Rooms to back of hotel quieter
3  Thank SarahandChris69
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We’ve just got back from a week staying at this hotel. It was terrible. It maybe the end of the season but the staff weren’t interested in helping us at all. When we made any complaints about the food or our ski bus not turning up they just pretended they didn’t speak English!

The food was inedible so we skipped breakfast and had to eat out for the rest of the day. At least the local bar/restaurant (all 2 of them that were still open!) had got friendly staff, and the other hotels look much better to stay at.

I wouldn’t go back here even if I won the holiday!

1  Thank dawney66
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel is the pits , the staff were rude , the food was cold and terrible, the breakfasts were SALAD ! Avoid this place at all costs , i would rather go back to prison than stay there again. There are far nicer hotels in the area , the local bar owners etc are really nice people , its a shame the people in the hotel are not. JUST DONT GO THERE !!

1  Thank gaz800