“Nice hotel, small.rooms”

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Pamporovo
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, small.rooms”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

As a family of 4 we mistakenly chose 2 rooms rather than an apartment (which get good reviews). Hotel was a bit 'post communist chic' but actually nice and welcoming. Buffet breakfast and supper were perfectly acceptable. Only issue was the rooms which were very small, especially with all skiing clothing.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Martinmjgh

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a week in Pamp and have to say the hotel was very good.
We upgraded from a room to an apartment because I thought a room with myself and 2 children would be a bit small and it was well worth it.
The apt was very clean and well presented. It was warm and comfortable. The towels were changed every day. The rooms were warm and cosy on our return and although the heating did go off at night it came on again around 6am which was ideal.
The apartment was in block B on the 6 th floor which was a bit if a handling getting all out things up since the lift was quite small. I had to walk up because there wasn't enough room for everything. I did notice on occasion the lift door didn't close properly which meant the lift was stuck on that floor but as luck would have it. It always stopped on the bottom floor or our floor.
We flew into Plovdiv which is just over an hour away so the journey there was grand. The staff on arrival were friendly and helpful and we could not find fault in any member of staff.
The Lobby/ bar was a great meeting place in the evenings, and although there were kids running around ( mine included) it wasn't a problem since it is a family hotel and expected.
The food was surprisingly good and reading other reviews about the food being cold. I suggest that goin early for dinner and breakfast as the food was hot then bit as they didn't have heating equipment to keep it hot when put out. It obviously will go cold. I found the menu ( buffet ) to be varied and I am a fussy eater and it suited my kids too.
The bus to the slopes was frequent in the mornings but I found the last bus from the slopes which left at 4.45 was a bit early and we ended up having to get a taxi.
Skiing/ boarding was good with only one run closed due to lack of snow but it wasn't a problem as the runs were well looked after even with the lack of real snow!!
Wee tip. Beware of the bell sellers. They're harmless but can be a bit annoying.
If you need some 1-2-1 lessons go to The White Dog / inter ski. Highly recommended.
Try the Gloria Mar for a change. The food is brilliant and cheap!! You will have to book it though.
Try ' Peters ' for something to eat at lunch time and ask for some apple pie.
If you get bored with the resort. Get a taxi to Chepelare. Which is about 10km away and has the longest run in Bulgaria. It has a cracking red run too which we did several times and loved it more each time.
Overall the holiday was great and we will go back. I'd recommend the resort and hotel to anyone.
Coming from Ireland we travelled with Balkan Tours and they were brilliant from start to finish. Stella and Tony ( reps ) were first class and Roberto in Belfast was excellent and nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank crusaderIre
Newport, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Bar very good, (sometimes feral children were a pain) and cheap. room was adequate perhaps a bit cold at night. facilities were good. food was good if sometimes a bit cold. service was very good.staff very pleasant. Pool is a bit cool, just jump in!

Be careful not to confuse this with the Snezhanka Apartments.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We came along with 4 other families, and having stayed before in other hotels in Pamporovo we kind of knew what to expect. Since the hotel is 3 star rated we had little doubts but all of that was cleared since the day we arrived. The apartments are very spaceous, clean and warm. Lots of room for all the kids toys. The beds are a little stiff and the pillows are small, and that is the only way you can notice the lover star rating of this hotel. Other than that food is good. I say this because all bulgarian hotels serve a lot of local spicy food which we are not a customed to. Probably its the high number of British guests that makes this hotel serve very neutral continental style food which the kids loved too. Good variety also. The common space/lounge area is the second best thing since our company along with the children was big, there was a lot of room and privacy to rest after dinner. Pool was ok, the water was slightly colder than it should, and the only remark here is that the sauna and jakuzi are not free but charged additionally where in the other hotels we stayed is free. Wifi is not available in all rooms and the connectivity is problematic even in the lobby.
I would stay here again and would recommend to friends.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just got back from a week here, and I'd definitely recommend the place if you're looking for somewhere comfortable and clean but affordable during your ski trip

The rooms are pretty basic but tidy and the maid cleaned up and dropped off new towels and toilet roll every day. The bathroom is blisteringly hot, so you won't want to hang around in there too long, although it's a great place to leave your clothes to dry. The insulation/sound-proofing could be better - you'll the odd person storming through the corridor but it's not really a problem, a couple of all-inclusive hotels are nearby so Snezhanka itself is fairly quiet

I didn't try out the pool (too tired from skiing all-day every day) but it looked clean and a good size. There are a few pool tables and arcades, a Bureau De Change and a handy shop near the reception. The lobby bar is also nice and cosy, and offers great value drinks

We stayed half-board - the breakfast and dinner buffets are a bit hit-or-miss. Breakfast is quite a good spread, made up of sort-of full-English (swapping sausage for frankfurters), cereals, fruit, cold meats, cheeses and a couple of pastries/cakes. The dinner was different every day, but the quality varied quite a lot - my advice would be to take a small amount of a few things rather than dive in like I did. (One evening plating up what I thought was schnitzel and omelette, but turned out to be over-cooked fish, and a weird blubbery fish cake). Staff are friendly and helpful throughout the hotel

If the food in the hotel isn't your thing however, there is plenty of choice nearby and the hotel is well situated. There is a good selection of restaurants within a 5 minute walk, ranging from Italian to traditional Bulgarian to upmarket grill. Most are good value, and there are also good bars nearby

If like me though the luxuries of the hotel on a skiing holiday aren't particularly important, and you just want somewhere clean and comfortable to rest between skiing, I'd definitely recommend the Snezhanka

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have just got bk Frm a week at snezhanka had a very enjoyable week skiing but don't think I would return to the snezhanka it's very old needs updated lift never works and we were on the 4th floor not gd to walk up 4 flights of stairs after a day skiing. The room was small only a shower no bath which is needed to have a soak after being on the slopes all day, 2 single beds pushed together lost a few bits n bobs & they had fell in between t beds, water was always hot and room always very warm not much space to hang ur ski wear to dry without getting your other coats wet, food is terrible never had one nice meal everything is so cold salad is dry and bland breakfast was ok but we did eat out at the Gloria
mar which is very reasonable we had a btl rose a btl water lamb spicy soup each a garlic bread 2 steak & veg & desert came 2 £50 best in town lovely. And as 4 pool in hotel was always cold we used t sauna a few times which was nice after a day on the slopes staff were not very friendly the girl In the lobby bar was lovely and always helpful the desk staff were always miserable and unfriendly we got a safety deposit box which was 25 lev drinks were very cheap the hotel is very noisy people have no respect for other people in the hotel coming in at 4 in the morning screaming at t tops of their voices to the point I had it get up out of bed & tell them to shut t hell up. Lots of kids running around 1 gd thing was the views we had Frm our room every morning also asks 4 a room at t bk of hotel as daks bar is joined onto hotel & can be very noisy as they don't close till early hrs of t morning. We went with Balkan air paid £1035 4 2 people hb ski package so was worth wat we paid for. We done all t trips with bh air we did t bar crawl don't waste your money there's only 5-6 bars u will c them out anyways that's on a monday nite we did skidoo on t snow mobile we got stuck in t mini bus going up t mountain b once we got there great fun, we did t crazy bowling which was a great nite done t Bulgarian nite which was a gd nite too on fri nite is presentation nite where your ski school Instructer presents u with certificates great nite all in all had a fab hol met sum great people wud I go bk to pamporvo yes wud I go bk with Balkan yes wud I go bk to t snezhanka hotel no . We were in hotel not apartments.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lichfield
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Reading some reviews I have to laugh how we all have such different experiences at the exact same places lol!

After reading the reviews I was wondering what the hell I had got myself into lol! When i got there I was pleasantly suprised! 3 of us booked ... all girls, we got 2 single beds in a raised room and a sofa bed in a seperate room a nice large bathroom with a bath and shower, rooms were cleaned daily and frankly I have no complaint about them whatsover, yes the decor is a little dark but your in bulgaria what do you expect :-/ different cultures and all that! Rooms were hot if you turned your radiator up, and half the time even with the snow outside i got hot enough to open the window :-)

Food ... I was well impressed lol yes ok it was a little cooler than our stupidly piping hot food, but it was warm i could eat it straight off my plate without blowing on my fork lol! nice variety every day lots of vegetables potatoes ect, they didnt just fill you with chips infact i dont remember there being chips there which frankly i think is a good thing when your snowboarding all day you need good harty food! Always a variety of salad, and cakes for your pudding ;-) breakfast was also very good you could eat a full english every day or have cereal, toast, pancakes ... and fruit!

The pool was wicked i loved it nothing better than a dip in there after a long day on the slope, however it may have been a little nicer if it was a bit warmer lol! my mates thought it was a bit cold but that just made me swim faster lol!

The bar was cool too, double vodka 2levs lol bonus :-) everything was cheap cheap cheap! nice chill out area to sit in and downstairs they have a pub/bar where they do the ski school presentations ... nice to stroll bk to bed lol!

As the resort it's self if your a begginer its fab, if your an inermiedidate just looking for a cheap holiday then its also pretty great, if your advanced looking for black runs then it probally isnt foryou! The snowboard instructors were really good and friendly!

All in all I had a great holiday, flight ... half board hotel ... lift pass .. snowboard lessons and equipment hire all under £500, how can you complain really!!! (this is coming from someone that had been to canada the year before and spent 500 just on lift passes :-/)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends