Snezhanka Apartments TMF(Pamporovo)(Great Value!)
$25
  • Pool
Malina Village(Pamporovo)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Amampuri Village(Pamporovo)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Stayed in the hotel for a week with a group of friends. Now I am aware that the Bulgarian way is not to be over friendly or even to smile much but the reception staff at this hotel were the most rude, unfriendly and unhelpful staff I have ever met. Take for example a game of pool in the hotel lobby. €7 for half an hour - extremely expensive to begin with but nevertheless - we were in the middle of a game when the half an hour was up and the receptionist walked back and forward past glaring at us in a most unprofessional manner - there was noone else in the hotel!!!! demand on the ques was not high - what was the panic?? at 36mins she came over demanding the ques back even though the rest of the party were sitting drinking in the bar - get your priorities right, we went up the town after that. Also, the food is horrible.. the cuts of meat which you are given - well we didnt know what we were eating half the time!!! Everything is luke warm. However what really got to me was on the Suday night when we arrived there seemed to be a large party of Bulgarian guests in the hotel resturant where dinner was served - on this night the selection of food on offer was vast and varied - carbonara,breaded chicken,pizza slices,salads,beef.. however the next night when just the packages tourists were left it was back to the gruel. The spa in the hotel is nice, quite expensive but at least the staff are nice. It was such a pleasure to see someone smile!! The hotel is far away from the main resort maybe around 15mins by bus with a crazy driver. Snow in Bulgaria was great though and slopes are great for beginners.. look elsewhere for a hotel though! Orlovtz is right in centre and looks nice also heard good reports both Pomporova Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I booked a package holiday via a third party agent and provided by Balkans Holiday. I am not going to review the package and the rep as this is about the hotel itself.

This hotel is reached at the end of a single-track road, some 800m from the main road. A road barrier is located just 50-75m from Hotel Belmont and it always opened after a press or two.

Hotel Belmont is a darkish pink colour... not in-your-face pink, so it is not too bad. Parking spaces seem very limited, especially at weekends and if it snowed a lot overnight, snow clearance by the hotel is slow.

As the hotel is so far away from the ski-lift stations, a free mini-bus service is provided for only a short period in the mornings and afternoons. At other times, you will have to find a taxi or use your ingenuity and eat at a restaurant that provides free pick up/drop off transport service (restaurant Belfry is a really good one for this). Taxi from the town centre is negotiable - haggle it down to 10-12 levs for two people.

Now the hotel itself, the receptionists are fairly curt but they do manage to break a smile on occasions. The lobby area is quite dark, and offset to this is a small and expensive poorly stocked shop - notice carefully that they are poorly stocked for drinks, which means if you did not get supplies from the town supermarkets, then you buy expensive drinks in the hotel.

The bar area is laid back open-plan and continue with the pink/black modernist theme. The waitresses are ok, but the waiters are curt and slightly aggressive if you point out they procured the wrong drinks. From memory, its around 3 levs for a 200ml bottle of coke. There were special offer 2-for-1 between 3-5pm on selected drinks.

The dining room is well set up with a buffet but there is nothing whatsoever to be excited about the food - for this season, they have brought the cheapest possible foodstuffs and the offerings lacked imagination. It will fill a hole but you will long for the town restaurants such as the Belfry which has free transport or the hotel's restaurant which is smaller but well presented with a large menu, from about 14 levs for a main course which is comparable to town restaurant prices.

Other facilities in the hotel include a bowling alley and gym (not free), free indoor swimming pool (a bit on the cool side), night bar that is open till 4am and spa thingygummy. Nothing to write home about, but great to have on-site due to its location.

The standard room is a functional two single bed with a CRT-type TV with some English channels. Decor is understated and satisfactory. Our room on the fourth floor faced to the rear and offered views of the woodlands and part of the hills, which are lovely. Rooms to the front is greeted by a view of another building opposite, there is a railed balcony but not wide enough to sit down.

The room looked clean on first appearance, but after knocking the bed sideways, previous guests' eating habits could be observed, bits of old rubbish, monies, etc. Not something you'd like to see, so not *that* clean after all.

Bathroom consisted of a shower, toilet and wash basin, wall to ceiling tiles with a heated towel rail and tiled floor and finished off to a good modern standard - I'd be happy if this was my home shower room. This bathroom was spotless.

Not enough coat hangers in the twin-door wardrobe cupboard and storage space is a bit tight for two people with skiing kits.

Mini-bar prices for soft drinks/chocolates matches the rest of the hotel but alcohol stuff is way overpriced. So be careful to check individual items on the mini-bar list.

I would class this as a three star, if not two and a half star hotel but it is decent enough for me and according to my brother, better than two other hotels in Pamporovo he stayed at before.

Wireless internet is provided free of charge throughout the hotel and offers decent speeds at quiet times and naturally become saturated in the evenings.

So to summarise, decent modern decor, mixed bag of staff - some great, some rude, spotty cleaning pattern, free wifi, very seccluded location, expensive drinks and crap food. I would come back again, but will be bringing my own drinks!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2010

This hotel is one of the worst I have ever visited in my entire life. The staff were dreadfully rude, the food was always cold, the reps useless and worst of all, the hotel cons its customers.

This 'Four Star Hotel' happily charged my 53 year old father over £400 when he lifted up a small barrier to enter the premesis. We pulled up by taxi and clicked the button to lift the gate as instructed but it would not open. So instead of crawling on his hands and knees in the snow to this '4 star hotel' as the others and I did, he lifted it up instead as most people would in this situation. There was no alternative path.

The local authorities later told him that he must pay this extortionate bill or be withheld in the country until he did. I think this is discusting.

Please be careful if you do choose to visit this hotel as the staff are only too happy to take your money. Kind regards x

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Hotel in good condition, clean & well maintained. Excellent spa, swimming pool, gym, & bowling alley. However, the food was of poor quality & variety. Spoken with fellow guests, who have stayed at the Belmont the year before who quoted the the previous year the food quality was yery good, but where disappointed this year. Music from the night club in the basement & the lobby bar kept us awake, at times ranging from 2am to 5 am. Despite request to management to just to reduce the level of the bass from the speakers, my requests where ignored. Some of the waiting staff, require retraining. often felt that that as paying guest we where disrupting the staffs party time.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Just got back from a week's skiing with my boyfriend in Pamporovo, staying at Hotel Belmont. We booked via directski.com and had a pretty cheap deal three weeks in advance - approx £500 per person, which included flights from Gatwick to Sofia and back at decent times, a bus transfer, half board accommodation in the 4* Belmont and ski/boot hire and lift pass (plus 6 days of lessons for me, a complete beginner).

I'll talk about the resort/skiing first - it was great. The resort itself wasn't very big, with only a few bars and restaurants, but that was fine, because we were half board and also because I was so tired after skiing, I was happy to stay in the hotel. The ski school was very well organised - we had our boots and skis on within half an hour of arriving, and these were fitted well. We kept the same ones for the week and picking them up and dropping them off every day took only a few minutes. On the first day, Pamporovo hadn't had snow for a while, so there was some ice and slush around, although not enough to hinder the skiing. We had plenty of snow later in the week though, and conditions were absolutely perfect for most of the holiday. My boyfriend - an advanced skier - went off to do his own thing and said the runs were good, while I joined around 16 other people in my ski class. The instructor (Bobby) was very good and patient with us complete beginners. The first few days was spent learning to snowplow and turn, and on the third day we were ready to do our first green run. To be honest, by the time I'd got the basics down, I found it more useful to ski with my boyfriend, because some of my class didn't pick it up as quickly as me, but others stayed with the class. For the rest of the week, I met up with them intermittedly but mostly did my own thing. By the end of the week, most of us were doing red runs. Overall, there are two good green runs, a couple of decent blues and lots of good reds. Most reviews say this is a beginners resort, but my boyfriend also found it really good, and said the blacks and reds were up to the same standard as anywhere in Europe, even though there weren't quite as many as at other resorts.

There were some nice bars and cafes on the slopes - I recommend the Spider bar at the bottom of the main slopes. Prices weren't cheap - about £2.50 for a pint, £7 for a pizza or main meal, but it wasn't too expensive either.

Now the hotel. Although the Belmont is a bit further out of the resort, we didn't have any trouble picking up the minibuses to the ski centre or resort. It's only about a 5 min drive, or you could walk it in 30 mins, although there are no pavements. As other reviewers have suggested, you can walk down to the Finlandia about 5 mins away for a more frequent bus service. Taxis are quite expensive and it is worth bartering - we found a £20 difference in prices just by asking around! If you find a cheap one, get their phone number and use them all week.

The rooms were lovely - we had a large twin with a balcony and a wet room. The shower was high pressure and always hot, and the chambermaid did an excellent job every day.

The food was good too. As half board, we had breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was served from 7 til 10 and was made up of some hot things (eggs, beans, french toast, sausages) and cold (fruit, cereal, cheese, ham etc). The bread in Bulgaria doesn't taste the best, but was fine toasted. Dinners were great - plenty of choice of meats and veggie options, and the salad bar was varied and good. We didn't have any problem with temperature or poor quality food - it was all very nice and we ended up eating there every day. The only down side was the drinks, which weren't free. There was a good wine list, but the waiters seemed confused about what they did and didn't have - it seemed to depend who you asked! If you want a good red though, I'd suggest the Chateau Karnobat - a decent merlot at about £10 a bottle. The hotel bar was very nice, although prices were quite steep. I highly recommend drinking the Bulgarian spirits - their cognac and vodka was fine, and cost £1.50 for a double measure. The cocktails were good too, at around £4 each.

In terms of other facilities, we didn't try the bowling, but the pool was fine and very quiet every evening. Slightly colder than most UK pools, but you get used to it. No need for flip flops or caps like at other hotels. The night bar downstairs was great. It does karaoke every evening from 10 til about 3am and was pretty much empty most of the time, so we were indulged in any music we wanted. The DJ also let us choose any songs we wanted to listen to, as well as sing.

Overall, I'd highly recommend both Pamporovo and Hotel Belmont. It was my first skiing holiday, and I had an amazing time - would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KeiraH