Snezhanka Apartments TMF(Pamporovo)(Great Value!)
$25
  • Pool
Green Life Family Apartments(Pamporovo)(Great Value!)
$21
$20
  • Restaurant
Apart Hotel Kamelia(Pamporovo)(Great Value!)
$38
$32
$31
Apart Hotel Stenata(Pamporovo)(Great Value!)
$23
$18
Amampuri Village(Pamporovo)
$104
$23
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We initially had an awesome holiday, great fun skiing, met some great friendly people, our reps were really helpful. We really didn't want to leave. Before coming we had read some of the reviews for this hotel and were sceptical but hoping for the best.

Initially we were pleasantly surprised as the week went by. The food was OK, the staff seemed genuine and helpful. However, unfortunately our holiday was ruined as we were about to leave this hotel as its true colours came out. Having cleared all outstanding bills and thanked the staff for their service, while waiting for our coach, one of the rooms in our party were rudely accused of stealing face towels, we were not allowed to leave and asked to pay for the missing towels or agree to the staff searching their bags!!! Now, the previous night it had been noticed that the cleaners had not replaced the towels but we thought nothing of it, it was our last night and it was face towels. We politely explained this to the hotel staff, who simply would not listen and instead chose to adamantly create a scene and demand that the only explanation was that the towels were in one of our bags!! (Why they thought standard, unbranded face towels were so important to us after a skiing holiday, that we just had to take them, is another story)

The whole experience was so embarrassing and unnecessary. I was so upset and shocked by the way we were being treated, which was extremely rudely to say the least and at times bordered on racism. This has completely ruined all the great feelings I had about skiing in Bulgaria as this is the only thing I will remember. It is unfortunate because some of the hotel staff had been good to us.

I guess if you do choose to stay here then be sure to CHECK EVERY MORNING that the cleaners have replaced everything they should have or be ready to be assumed a thief. I hope I will feel like returning to Bulgaria for skiing soon but one thing is for sure I will never stay at the Belmont again!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JN_LDN
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel in January and had a very good experience.

When we arrived there was "the most famous female singer" in bulgaria performing so it was very noisy, however, from our room you couldn't hear anything and these performances only seemed to take place on a Saturday night.

During booking we paid a little extra for a bigger room and were happy to find a suite with a separate lounge from the bedroom and ensuite bathroom, well worth the extra. We didn't hear any noise all week and the bedroom was kept clean.

Food and Drink - we thought the food was very good, it was always buffet style, breakfast was composed of cheap juice, teas, coffee, toast, yoghurt, some kind of sausage or bacon (well Bulgarian version) and either scrambbled egg or eggy bread (french toast?!). Cereal was always corn flakes or chocolate wheeto type things. And there was fruit (though not a million choices).

Evening meal was again buffet style. Typical meal would be chips/potatoes or a rice/pasta dish, sliced meat (e.g. pork or beef) which could be a bit dry and a meat dish with sauce and mushrooms etc. If you are a burger and chips type person you might find the food a bit limited but we were both happy to pile our plates with whatever they offered and hope for the best. There wasn't anything that we really disliked. Soup was a bit hit or miss.

Drinks were 6 lev (£3) for a glass of wine and 4.5 lev (£2ish) for a beer (a pint) in the restaurant. Beers in the lobby were a similar price for only a small bottle.

We didn't use the spa or swimming pool but did use the bowling.

The shuttle buses to and from the ski areas were fine once you got used to them. Outward buses went at 9 and 9.30 and return buses came back at 4 and 4.30. If you wanted to ski late you had to get a taxi which costs 12 lev (£6). we never did this if we finished skiing early we just sat in a bar on the ski slopes. To get into town in the evening you can charter the hotel minibus (I think) for 3 lev each or ring a bar/restaurant/pub directly and they will shuttle you in to town and take you home again.

The staff in the hotel weren't overly friendly as commented by others though we found this to be a feature of Bulgaria, not just the hotel.

Also there is a ATM in the hotel which doesn't charge commision. The water in bulgaria is also drinkable so don't worry that the hotel shop doesn't sell bottled water/fizzy drinks.

All in all it was good value for money, some other guests didn't have as good an experience as us, but I've commented only on ours.

Also on departure they get someone to check the minibar so don't raid it on the last night assuming you can leave the country without paying!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bendort
Reviewed February 3, 2011

hotel is lovely all the facilities as lovely the spa, swimming pool, bars yes the bowling is expensive and there is noonein there but after a days skiing who wants to go bowling. the food is ok breakfast is lovely evening meal is not great but its ediable andtheresort is cheap enough to eat out some nights. The location is fine there isa bus provided to and from the slopes and a taxi or bus to go to the town on a night is cheap enough. we did walk on day but it is a little too far. Altogetherwould stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Now... where to start.

I never write hotel reviews usually, however just I want to let you know about this hotel to pre-warn you if you are going here.

I'll start with the positives of this "4* hotel".

1) The rooms are of an ample size and fitted 2 fully grown men easily. They were cleaned daily and they even folded up clothes that were on the floor - My friends clothes, not mine! ... honest...
2) They had some decent amenities - Spa, Swimming Pool, Gym, Bowling Alley, Shop, Night Club.
That is where it ends...

The bowling was 12 Lv per person, per game. Which worked out to be £6 per person per game. When I went down there, there was no one else in the bowling alley and they wouldn't give us any sort of deal to satisfy the customer.

There was a night bar attached to the basement and would stay open until 4am. As this was the case, i wouldn't recommend t his hotel for any families as even though I was staying on the 4th floor, i could still hear the bass from the speakers from the club in the basement... The drinks were more expensive in the basement bar than the upstairs bar, even though it was the same establishment - that makes no sense to me... The bar was decorated like Peter Stringfellows living room... red faux leather block sofas and checky black and red plastic floor tiles - some of these tiles were missing. Classy!

This brings me onto the matter of food (hence the title of this review). It didn't matter what meal they were cooking, breakfast or dinner, there was always some sort of Egg and feta cheese on offer. One evening there was something which looked like deep fried fish, only to be opened and discover it to be deep fried red pepper !!! A lot of the other guests ate toast for breakfast and dinner.

The staff were boardering on rude and would not do anything for their guests. Not once were we offered a drink with our dinner - you had to take your own or order one as they closed the tea, coffee and water machine, thus making you buy drinks.

On checking out my friend and I were charged for drinks from the mini bar. These were actually taken out by the previous guests to us and the signatures from the bill were nothing like ours. When we explained that the receipt was printed a day before we touched down in Bulgaria, they still did not believe us.

The next thing I want to talk about is the location of the hotel. Whilst it was very picturesque, with it being in the woods, It was easily too far to walk into 'town'. And a taxi would cost upwards of 15 Lv.

To summarise, this is not a decent hotel, in not a decent location in a not very decent resort.

I hope you find this useful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2011

First of all, I am always a little sceptical about peoples opinions of hotels and holidays as a lot of the time I find that the reviews can be a little on the harsh side. For this hotel the negative comments couldn't be more true.

Now, the cleanliness is overall very good, and the rooms are cleaned very well on a daily basis. There are facilities at the hotel, such as a late bar, bowling alley, shop, and spa area - none which are cheap but serve a purpose if you don't mind spending money at the hotel. Unfortunately that is where the positive points end.

The two main problems are the location, and standard of food. For a hotel that bills itself as a 4* establishment, the choice and quality of the food is a disgrace and found myself eating toast for the majority of the stay, as luke warm meat (no idea what most of it was) is not my idea of an appetising meal. To add to this, the water urn, and tea and coffee machines are switched off at dinner time, meaning you have to buy not so cheap drinks if you want to wash down the disgusting food quickly. And to add insult to injury the waiters rarely ask if you want a drink with your meal.

Now you are probably thinking, why don't you just eat somewhere else - well the hotel is in a very secluded location meaning that local taxi drivers will take advantage of foreign visitors and will cost you as much as 20 lev to get into town. If you barter you can get it as cheap as 10 lev, but it gets expensive if you want to keep going into town. It is not walkable.

The hotel mini bus will take you into town for a fee, and the reception staff will ask which tour operator you travel with before telling you the price. I guess they do this so they can charge you depending on which country you are from.

Most of the reception staff, apart from a couple were very unhelpful and I was afraid their faces may crack if they smiled. If you had to spend any length of time in the hotel due to bad snow conditions (which was the case for us) be prepared to spend to keep yourself fed, watered and entertained.

So to summarise, don't stay at this hotel. Although Pamporovo is very small there is a nice part down by the Hotel Mourgavets with a few bars and restraunts. The White Hart bar is especially good both for food and entertainment so my advice would be to stay in that area. That way you can avoid the rip off taxi drivers, and give yourself a choice of eating establishments if your hotel food is not up to scratch.

Hope this review at least saves some poor souls from experiencing the Belmont. From somebody who is somewhat of a sceptic on internet hotel reviews, be warned - most of these reviews are spot on!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends