“Great location and now SMOKE FREE”
Review of Nordic Hotel

Nordic Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in El Tarter
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've stayed at the Nordic 4 or 5 times now and will definitely return. The hotel staff are friendly enough although sometimes you have to go looking for someone to serve you at the bar for lunch and/or drinks. But really can't complain as we were given 2, yes 2, complimentary bottles of bubbly during our 7 night stay (really not sure why, as we don't speak Catalan, Spanish or French!). As I've said before there is nothing to do in El Tarter but to tire yourself out skiing, which this location allows for brilliantly. Big plus - the whole hotel is now SMOKE FREE - this previously put many people off. In the evening we ventured out to Dylans bar for happy hour between 5.30pm and 6.30pm (15 min walk, albeit it involves a rather large hill). Returned for food in the hotel and then had a few drinks in the bar - no late nights were had, as really the entertainment is laughable (literally - out loud.. ). I tried the pool and sauna etc once previously - nothing to write home about and haven't been back. This trip I also noted the bowling alley was open and was filling up with kids (great - keeps them out of the bar area). All in all if you're not a keen skier (no matter your ability) and you like lively apres ski then don't stay here. Otherwise I love it - rooms are comfortable, clean and serviced every day, fabulous big telly (limited English speaking programs - but great for watching your ski videos); food is okay, everything is a bit of a surprise as nothing is labelled but I'd no problems with it. All in all great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above the restaurant block - preferably with slope side view, these are quieter as the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Nordic Hotel

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have just returned from Andorra. This is the first time we have stayed at the Nordic. Superb location & resort. We had a room with views over the slopes & great wifi connection.
Restaurant staff were very friendly & attentive. I have to agree with previous comments regarding non labelled food & temperature issues. However, I have no complaints about the vast choice & quality.
Aside from getting stuck in the lift!!!! This was a great hotel, we will most definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the slopes. I also think (side 1) had the best internet connection.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Nordic in February for a 5 night ski trip. Unfortunately due to some bad planning on my part our trip coincided with the UK school holidays so the hotel was probably a little fuller than normal but they seemed to cope well. If you are staying at this hotel with children it is worth knowing that they do not open the restaurant for dinner until 7.30pm. I do not have children but this seemed a little late too me!

The hotel is located right near the chair lift so absolutely excellent for skiing. The ski lockers are provided for free by the hotel and are located next to the piste so there is no need to walk miles in your ski boots & ski's (a massive plus in my book!)

Our room was lovely and spacious with lovely views across the mountains which was great but unfortunately we were unprepared to utilise all of the facilitates at the hotel because there website did not explain these very well. For example it was not clear that there was an indoor and outdoor pool or a gym.

The one thing, in my opinion, that really let the hotel down was the quality of the food in the restaurant. There was a grill buffet area where a chef would grill fish or meat for guests, on several occasions guests were left waiting for over 15 mins (plate in hand) for their food. I found this really frustrating as they seemed to wind down the restaurant service once the first sitting had finished. Also there was a real lack of signage on the food and therefore it was difficult to know what you were eating (fine if you are adventurous but not so great if you are more particular!).

The resort El Tarter is very quiet, there really isn't much nightlife/bars/restaurants etc so you are very much stuck in the hotel in the evening where there is little entertainment.

All in all we had a lovely ski holiday but I am not sure I would return to the Nordic because of the food and lack of evening entertainment/atmosphere in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Once again this was a fantastic Hotel to stay for our one week skiing holiday. As always the food was excellent, the staff very friendly and extremely helpful. We have been staying at this hotel for one week a year for about eight years and we have never been disappointed. I must say that now it is completely a non smoking Hotel the atmosphere is so much more welcoming. Roll on next ski season, we will surely be returning next year

Room Tip: Although more expensive, try to book a mountain view.
4  Thank Mel T
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in the Nordic from the 6th jan-13th, have stayed here for the last 7 years, and as usual had the best experience. Food great, jesus and his staff as plesent and helpful as ever. A very warm friendly hotel with great ski in facilities. Looking forward to jan 14 already. Thanks for a great week.

4  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed January 9, 2013

At last Nordic Hotel and Andorra generally has entered the world where the right to clean air is recognised!There was great relief when we arrived in the hotel to find No Smoking signs in the bar.The food, rooms and general service were up to the usual high standard.Jesus and his staff in the restaurant were as efficient,friendly and helpful as ever.The ski back to the locker area is also great.The smoking policy is Andorra wide.It is a pity the management waited for legislation!!

3  Thank conirish
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Andorra so am acusstomed to excellent customer service and a warm welcome. Sadly this was not to be when visiting Nordic Hotel. I found the reception staff unhelpful if not rude choosing to ignore me patiently waiting. I was very pooly during my visit and sadly there was no flexibility in what service could be offered - specially I had a stomach bug lasting four days and needed something to be sick in but this could not be provided. The fitness room was open from 12 noon and not before ski school which would have been my preference. The waiting staff seemed to ignore me in the bar such that I eventually went to the bar which is not customary. As I was poorly I did not find the food appealing. I would have prefered something plain. Finally I would rate the entertainment as poor.
In its favour, it is a well located hotel to the slopes and has reasonable lockers. It is not located well for any apres ski however as I was so poorly this was not an issue.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel del Tarter
Hotel del Tarter
#1 of 4 in El Tarter
Abba Xalet Suites Hotel

Been to Nordic Hotel? Share your experiences!